Claymore reward for Templar, meh?

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Grawl, Jan 18, 2018.

1. Grawl Member

I know some will argue, but why is there no Block % on the Claymore reward for Cleric's?
    Clerics, especially Templar's, use melee attacks and also Shield Ally. SA relies heavily on Block Chance.
    So in turn, to me this makes the reward for them 'meh'. Having instead use a Legendary (because there are no Fabled) buckler which has much lower stats. Inquisitors can probably get away with it, but Templar's who are in the MT group (which is where they are needed) suffer.

Fighters and Scouts get different versions.
    Mages only need one version now since auto-attack range are nerfed.
    Too hard to make a multi-version for healers?

Please consider it..
  2. Okanagan Member

Just FYI there is more than one fabled buckler from raids
  3. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

The best shield in game right now is the inheritance merchant one from shiny brass shield because it has 1k protection, the bonus protection allows you to get all that extra delicious uncontested block for shield ally.
  4. Grawl Member

Oh really? Would you mind pointing one out to me currently on the TLE server? There's one that shows in HoS, but it's actually Legendary.

Adoninilol.. Shiny Brass Shield?? Really?
    Ok, I'll grant it has high protection, but the stats are going to be soo bad, I'm not sure how it makes up for something closer to level 70. Doesn't diminishing returns kick in super hard due to the level gap?

But I guess the point was missed here.
    Claymore rewards are supposed to be best in slot reward for the current expansion.
    But for Templar and Inquisitor, it feels like it is not.
  5. Okanagan Member

Both of the Archaic Buckler, and Archaic Roundshield.

The buckler shows appropriate fabled stats on wiki
    The roundshield on both wiki and zam is incorrect, it is fabled and actually a buckler in game

Both drop from HoS
  6. Zenji Well-Known Member

[IMG]

The above shields have dropped in game, those are links in game. They are indeed fabled. The 2 Archaic drop in HoS, and the Shield of the White Dragon drops in AoAx4.

Your Claymore can be used in the ranged slot, if you want to use it along with a shield. I do agree the Priest Claymore proc needs fixed, it is vastly underperforming.
  7. Atan Well-Known Member

The problem here, as tank group cleric, if you want to use the Claymore, you're pretty much choosing to not have any ranged auto.

Its a shame there is no primary reward alternative for healers and/or a buckler itemized variant of ranged.
  8. Okanagan Member

Even if they add block chance to the claymore you would still need a buckler for the protection stat. Unfortunately wands didn't exist back then and claymore was typically slotted in your ranged slot.

If you are in a tank group, the choice between buckler stats and 200dps from a wand, the choice is pretty obvious.

If they add block chance to the claymore you would still put it in your ranged slot anyways in the tank group because then you would just wear a buckler AND the claymore with block chance
  9. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

I mean the shiny brass shield gives 10% uncontested block, which if you take into account how much damage its avoiding its better than any level 70 shield is giving you hps wise.....
  10. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Best in slot drops out of a non raid zone? It's almost like itemization needs to be looked at....