Classes nerved down to useless if useing Spells

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Hellfiren, Jan 29, 2019.

1. Hellfiren Well-Known Member

Hello,

I am Playing a Warlock since 8 years now.
    PoP Lock was totaly op for sure and need to be nerved a bit, but what DB did now is unacceptable.
    2 Spells were op yes and need to be adjusted but i feel that they not only nerved the 2 Spells, they nerved the whole class i a way that wants me to delete the toon.
    Necro / Conj / Wizzard / Scouts sometimes Tanks are doing much more DPS than the Lock wich is T1 DD for Exammple in Raid we have a Wizzy and 2 Warlocks Wizzy and one Lock are nearly equal in stats Pot / CB / Mod only the ASC Classes are not the Same Wizzy is Elemetalist and Warlock is Thaumaturgist.

The ASC classes cant and should not be the problem at all and the worset invention of DB Fire Tyrant which should be patched out because it kills the balancing.

So Wizzy is doning like 10 Billions more DPS than the Warlock if both on equal level of Spells and DPS modifications any one has a explaining for this isuse?

I am not to stupid to play my lock but the Stats in ACT want me to quit game.

Same on Scouts DPS rotation on scouts now Short buffs ASC Short Buffs Daggerstorm and BOOOM DPS i saw parses from Daggerstorm 36 Billions up to 50 Billons with only shi....ty Dagger Storm, DB for sure ??
    No other class can do this amount of DPS like the Scounts with only one Spell becuase BD had the totlay wirred idea make Daggerstorm from a CA to a Spell.
    CAs arent increased by Double Cast Spells yes so you made Daggerstorm to a Aromic Bomb because its increased by all means of DPS increaseing Spell DC / Abillity DC / Pot / CB / MOD / Fervor etc.

Classes which do most of thier DPS with things from AA are totaly overpowerd now classes which do most of DPS from Spells wich are origen Spells and no Abillitys from AA tree suks.
    Same on Necro and Conj the Pet Soulburn is strong as hell because AA Abillity

Thier is much to do DB to get things right.

Helfiren
  2. Dagada Member

The nerve of some classes is astonishing.
    Redlight likes this.
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I think you mean "nerfed". Like squishy Nerf™ Balls. I thought I was seeing people complain that wizards were broken and useless while warlocks had all the DPSes. "Nerves" are what you are getting on by using the wrong word.

Maybe you could give us your warlock's name so we can look it up on EQ2U and see how you are specced? AA was changed in some places with the new release, maybe you just aren't optimally specced and/or geared?

When you are comparing two different players, are you also taking into account what buffs each is getting from others in their group?

Perhaps you could name the specific spells you think are broken?
    Breanna likes this.
  4. Rondo9 Active Member

Clearly u haven't been credit card infusing.
    Conifur likes this.
  5. Beee Well-Known Member

^^^
    Lets think about buying 42 Bonus infuser (this are ~4000 potency) for 200 Euro
    no thanks - that does not make FUN

Spell quality and support makes a HUGE difference in DPS output

With Heartbound and FireTyrant you can go far beyond Fervor Cap

I think the difference between chars of the same class is as big as between classes
  6. duckster Active Member

I bet all things arent equal when those classes are being compared. Ie same group/buffs which makes a huge difference as it always has done.

Other than a salty whine from a warlock you would be best to provide examples where the disparity is coming from(raid mobs/act breakdowns being 2 examples).
  7. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

The wiki has an excellent discussion of Equipment Infusing, including lists of all the known infusers, most of which require no real world cash to acquire or use. At the very least, you want to have used all the crafted Potency infusers possible.

Infusing can affect three different layers. I.e., there are three different infuser caps.
    • Loyalty-token-purchased infusers and plat infusing affect the Deity Layer. It's random what stats are affected, an infusion can boost Potency or Stamina; the item being infused won't get ABMod or Crit Bonus unless the item has one or both of those stats to begin with. You do NOT have to spend real world money to get the plat for plat infusion. Go harvest and sell rares. Sell shinies.
    • The infusers that drop from missions, certain mobs, in raids etc. apply to the Physical Layer. So do crafted infusers. You can use crafted infusers of any level, all the way back to the ones from Thalumbra. Start with the low-level infusers, use them until they don't work anymore, then go to higher level infusers. These infusers affect a single stat, and the infuser name will tell you which (POT, STA, ABMod, and CB); the item being infused won't get ABMod or Crit Bonus unless the item has one or both of those stats to begin with.
    • Infusers that you get from the Marketplace, or as preorder rewards, or as Beta rewards, or as the occasional reward for an Achievement apply to the Bonus Layer. These affect all four stats, POT, STA, ABMod, and CB.
    [IMG]

To see what, exactly, is happening with an item's current state of infusion, look yourself up on DragonsArmory.com. Click the item, and below the paperdoll pic there's an Infusers tab. Click that.This lets you see exactly what stats have been boosted. Clicking on the layer opens the stats, clicking on a stat shows you a list of exactly what infusers will still work on this item. It's not fully infused until no infusers are listed.
    [IMG]
    Breanna likes this.
  8. Magmag Active Member

Assassin > Warlock/conj/beastlord > wizard/ranger/rogue. If your wizard is beating up on you guys it means he's a far better player. Wizards are as bad now as they have ever been. They are useless. I had been playing one since launch and blasting people until PoP. Since then they aren't worth playing, hence my main swap to a zerker.
  9. Sykle I use too many words sometimes.

There is no in game way to get bonus infusers in large quantities without paying for them in SC, or with copious and unrealistic amounts of plat (gifting).
    Bonus infusing your gear will net you almost 4k potency, and 500cb, which reflects a decent chunk of increase damage after potency and combat mitigation.
  10. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Um hm. And if you are a raider, then it may be worth it to you to buy bonus infusers. The rest of us can get our 500DBC each month and buy them as we can. The average player doesn't need to fully cap the bonus Layer.
  11. Sykle I use too many words sometimes.

This is true. I would only do this if you are a dps class in a raid setting.
    Also only do this if you can afford it.
    Sigrdrifa likes this.
  12. Magmag Active Member

Thanks Warren Buffet!
    Sykle likes this.
  13. Sykle I use too many words sometimes.

No problem, fellow investor!
  14. Mrrshan Member

"they nerved the whole class i a way that wants me to delete the toon."

Are you new to this game?
    Changes to classes happen all the time. If you don't enjoy it now then park it for better times in the future. This works a lot better than rage doing childish things. Our toons have a lot of history, signature lines, special items ...
    Sigrdrifa and Breanna like this.
  15. Prox Well-Known Member

I still love my Brig and heck my Lock could be a wizard ...shivers.....Love the game going on 13 years. Roll with the changes is all we can do .
  16. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

TOTALLY true. Shadowknights and Paladins used to be horrible, SKs in particular (Wizard in a tin can" was a common description. Now they're excellent tanks. It does seem like every so often class balance shifts and what was horrible becomes better, and sometimes what was good becomes worse. This is a good reason for alts.
    Breanna likes this.
  17. Redlight Well-Known Member

Since the birth of this game both classes have been good.
  18. Redlight Well-Known Member

That you consider conjurors over rogues definitely shows something here. Brigands have always been well balanced, never bad and almost never too good. They offer nice tools and the debuffs are good. Running a raid with 2 assassins and 0 brigands would lead to less raidwide damage than having 1 assassin and 1 brigand. Swashbucklers are in a good position at the moment. 18% groupwide ability doublecast chance is massive along with a CA reset and great base damage on DS, Dashing Swathe and Lucky Gambit. Also, Beastlord is tier 1 at the moment as raw DPS. Comparable to assassin, maybe slightly worse or slightly better.
  19. Magmag Active Member

I am talking about solely DPS. Of course if you count what they add to the other members of the raid rogues really get a boost. I don't know how much Brigands are doing because I haven't seen any tests of whether their debuffs are needed to hit cap this expansion, but I know as a Berserker main now I wish I had a Swash in my group. They are hot stuff. I think Brigand debuffs this xpac are less useful than you think. I bet most of the debuff caps are being hit without a brigand's contributions.
  20. Redlight Well-Known Member

You are also excluding buffs like Exacting Venom. On one target, it's meh. On 24, it's pretty good.
    Also, brigands interact very well with Feedback Loop. For a long while I haven't seen great brigands who could show the potential of the class (last ones I witnessed were Baus and Cirvandel). I reckon that if either of those would be placed in a solid group in a solid raid setup they would perform very well as brigands.