Class that contribute most to a group? FG TLE

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Philippe, Jul 8, 2017.

1. Philippe New Member

So i just played on agnarr for the last month and a half and i had alot of fun on my enchanter .

I want to play some eq2 now and i want to play a class that contribute alot to a group . So wich class will contribute alot to a group and will make or break a good group ? I was thinking templar or maybe a bard or even maybe an enchanter ?

Can anyone help here?
  2. Xephane Active Member

Anything that isn't raw DPS right now... So classes aside from Assassin/ranger and Beastlord (Debatable though because they hit REALLY hard). Sorcerers are awesome, Chanters are awesome, Summoners are O.K.

All healers are good but Channelers and Druids seem to be dominant, clerics and shamans cast very slow.

Bards are great, Rogues get quite a lot of debuffs so they are decent.

All tanks are good, depending on your play style.

:)
  3. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

4. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Illusionists are some of the highest damage and provide mezzes, group buffs, and stuns/stifles.

Go with one of those.
    Atan and Xephane like this.
  5. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

Bards and chanters..
  6. Caul Shivers Active Member

Channeler.

Hilariously OP. Top the heal pars, more often than not top the DPS parse as well.
  7. Xephane Active Member

In AoE maybe, but that's only if they don't have to heal much. The class is good, but I wouldn't say it's nearly as good as you think it is :p
  8. Dude Well-Known Member

The answer is always exactly the same. Pick a class you enjoy, learn it, and play it well. That's the most useful and desired class. If you need more specifics, you are going to be very disappointed. People on this thread have said, "Choose X class because Y." The problem with that? There is no such thing as what is needed on the server. What is needed for a specific guild? Maybe, but that will change over time. What is always in demand on every server? A well played character. That's all. Nothing else. So pick a class you enjoy, learn it, and play it well.
  9. Malleria Well-Known Member

Exactly this ^ . Expacs are releasing every 3 months, which literally means class balance is going to undergo a major upheaval every 3 months. So picking a class based on what is needed now is pointless.
    Mizgamer62 and Xephane like this.
  10. Fleshdecay Well-Known Member

If you play a channeler, then I understand why you're trying to under sell it. They are stupid strong and have become a necessity. Granted they are no more than a intercept bot and you only need 1 in your raid but that's all it takes for them to top the heal parse by 2 or 3 times as much as the next healer. My lvl 50 defiler is fully grandmastered and is probably the best geared healer on FG atm and I double every other healers parse, yet channelers, even poorly geared one's (compared to me) double my parse lol...
  11. Xephane Active Member

I don't play one, I just play WITH a lot of them :p Including ones who really know what they are doing hehe. Also, I didn't think the intercept actually counted towards the parse, I may have to check that. Channelers have some strong % heals though.
  12. Revel Well-Known Member

Playing a dirge currently because of the good melee buffs and everyone and their mother seems to be a Beastlord.
  13. Flossie Member

Well I'd argue since everyone is whining about slow xp that the most beneficial classes WOULD be raw dps (given the player is talented), because greater dps = greater xp/h.

/laugh
  14. Xephane Active Member

Doesn't necessarily mean they provide the most to a group :p I'll assume you were being sarcastic though ;)
  15. Zenji Well-Known Member

Illusionist, not only do they supply significant buffs, but right now are T1 dps.
  16. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

Not to mention make healers lives easier with lots of cc.

As an illy I say give me a troub and I'm a happy camper.
    Draknox likes this.
  17. Atan Well-Known Member

Illusionist by far, we've done groups without a healer as long as we had a good illusionist.

They top dps parse, and prevent mobs from doing any damage, so dungeons that have alot of ^^^ like RoV and Permafrost we were running a Pally tank, an Illy, and no healer.

In terms of demand I'm typically seeing:
    Illusionist
    Healer
    Tank
    DPS

For full context, I'm currently level 48, and was leveling up with the faster crowd, the class dynamics and needs could be different for the people at lower levels currently.
  18. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

The tank has the biggest impact on the group, and whether it will be a good time or not.
  19. Mitze Member

I've never tried a Troubadour before so I created one last night on FG. I found that trying to get it's first 5 levels was an exercise of misery. This guy will definitely a team only alt.
  20. Atan Well-Known Member

Well, knock Illusionist down on the list a bit now that their pet is no longer buffed with live buff package.

They are still good, and in high demand, but they wont be topping parses in the same way.