Class rune effect -Defiler why change it??

Discussion in 'Priests' started by morrdd, Aug 16, 2018.

1. morrdd New Member

The new class effect rune for defilers changed from a group ward.. to casting spiritual circle for more ability mod.. wtf daybreak.. why did you change it
  2. Torquem Active Member

It needs to be tested, but I'm not sure the few more fervor points will make up for the loss of bane of warding.

You'll notice I don't even mention the ability mod bonus. (that will bring almost nothing to our healing power)
  3. morrdd New Member

who even casts spiritual circle??
  4. Mermut Well-Known Member

Ability mod DOES count for wards.. that being said... yeah... if it's not at least 5 digits worth of ab mod, it's not worth mentioning. If it is 5+ digits of ab mod.. it's still not exciting.

It could be worse though.. it could be the mystic rune.. adding... weapon damage bonus o_O
  5. Kioske Well-Known Member

There is zero chance that anything on the new runes makes up for Bane of Warding. Likely that Defilers will just skip the new runes.
    Rebelde likes this.
  6. semisus Does not play this game

If wardens gets a ward , why cant you put back the bane of warding on the class rune that defilers gets?
    I kinda want my friend defiler to play but i understand her point of new rune not being worth it.
    Rebelde likes this.
  7. quisling Well-Known Member

Apples and oranges. Defilers are probably the most OP healing class the game has ever seen. They can heal the most difficult encounters the game has easier than any other class with or without bane of warding. Wardens, unless there was elemental damage, cannot heal those encounters without being given some sort of ward.
  8. Neroflop Member

That may have been true a year ago, when BT was at like 20% and they could power feed.

There are certainly healers that are in a better place then Defilers now.
  9. Mermut Well-Known Member

Which ones, specifically?
    I can say from experience, defilers are easier to heal on then mystics...
  10. Ganador Active Member

Yea who would cast a regenerating 75M ward that hits everyone in the raid within 10m that is just nutz!
    Sentrasia, Mermut and Revanu like this.
  11. Earar Well-Known Member

wardens had the ab mod to the raid last year ... now it's your turn ;).

our all damage ward is also half our elemental ward. Won't complain, it will help .. it's around 300M (600M elemental) ... and the recast is almost similar as duration, so u cannot refresh it like a shaman group ward.

how much ab mod it gives ? sandstorm was giving 5.1k (even less than soul shakles :p)

I guess .. the new rune is better for old content/farming content .. old rune is nice for progression. at least u have choice, more dps or more defenses. I guess right now most defilers could use the new one, still better stats and I don't think most still need the additional group ward.

If mystics can manage .. defilers should be able too ;).
    defilers have great tools, they may not be the best everytime ... but they are not relegated to sit out yet.
  12. Mermut Well-Known Member

From what I've been told, I believe it is 100k ab mod for the new defiler adorn.
  13. Earar Well-Known Member

it's a nice damage buff. Though .. since defilers were supposed to be the debuffers and mystics the buffer shamans .. this stuff may have been better on mystic and defilers would have had a great debuff :p ... I'm sure more defiler would have hated that also :D
  14. Mermut Well-Known Member

Are you suggesting that the wdb they added to the mystic rune is more useful then teats on a bull? :p