Class Population Imbalance

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Lovidicus, Jan 28, 2021.

1. Boldac Active Member

To be honest, the class numbers aren't surprising. It is all about perception. The perception is that Necro and SK are the best of the best. And in the hands of a good player, they are great. But then, I've seen a well played assassin give the necro a run for their money on the parse.

The same can be said for the tanks. Sure SK is easy mode. But there are quite a few paladins, guardians and even a bruiser or two that do extremely well.

They just take a bit more effort.

I would love for the classes to get their identities back....and see some challenge. Then you might see a more level distribution of classes.

For now, since you can run a hunters group with a dirge tank, or pull entire floors with no threat of dying, I don't foresee it getting better.
  2. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

lol only with 3 healers to keep him up
    but yes we have an excellent Assassin in our guild , and a really good Paladin too .
    Because of those two I never really understood why they were regarded undesirable
    And we had a level 76 Bruiser tank a hunter run for us and he did good .
    So those less popular classes can be good if people spend the time to play them right .
    Breanna likes this.
  3. Lovidicus Active Member

I think perception is a big part of it too. If the player base at large sees a class as weak it'll just have fewer players. But the other thing you said may be part of the bigger problem. You said "a well played assassin give the necro a run for their money". Maybe the problem is that giving a necro "a run for their money" isn't enough considering the total imbalance of utility. If both parse the same but one is a walking group and the other can't do anything on their own ... well then we see an imbalance like we have.

Very true. I think all classes can do their job. It's just that some other classes do those same jobs and other jobs better on all fronts. Jack of all, master of all - shouldn't be a class design. =P
    Schmetterling and Kalika like this.
  4. Zenji Well-Known Member

So many here are completely ignoring the raid wide DPS provided by a class. So even if an Assassin could keep up with a Necro, or Wizard. You are still losing substantial raid wide DPS because of missing buffs/debuffs. Also you are leaving out the group / raid comp required for a Predator to do Necro or Wizard DPS is even more of a raid wide DPS loss.

There is more to a parse than your personal DPS.
    Schmetterling likes this.
  5. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Zenji your right like often it's not only that some classes limp behind , if they were better at what they do , including DPS it would help everybody .