Class, Population and Race Statistics

Discussion in 'Zones and Population' started by ARCHIVED-Sapphyra, Jun 11, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Sapphyra Guest

Hey I hope this is the right place to post this! :/ if not please redirect, but I was wondering why eq2 doesn't have any race and class statistics available atm (right?)? I for one am soo curious on how the current layouts are of class usage (especially at lvl 90)! I tried searching for information on this but haven't been able to find anything, I heard that the site usto carry an EQ2 census a long time ago but that it was removed, I'm not sure why The player search function on eq2players as well usto allow you to search indirectly for class and race information by playing with the fields and going through each class and seeing the results that came up, but it seems like that has been removed as well and you are no longer able to search unless you have a specific query with player name letters.... is there anyway to obtain this information?
  2. ARCHIVED-Banditman Guest

It's been broken since SF launched. Just another way to hide the actual player numbers. If it had worked from the outset it would have been quite easy to get a very accurate count on actual player count per server.
    Now that this much time has passed, the data is irrelevant. Thus, it should be fixed any day now.
  3. ARCHIVED-Zarulm Guest

This is found if you know how to use search term 'wildcards'.
    You cant just filter a race/class/level/server with a blank name field anymore. Click 'starts with...' then in the name field type '****'.
    This will let you do your search based on filters. Make sure you use four asterisks, as that is as short as an eq2 name can be. Im not sure why you have to start the search like this since the Players revamp, but you do.
    And the Players data does update on a regular basis.
  4. ARCHIVED-Sapphyra Guest

Wow thanx Xethren, this helps so much!
  5. ARCHIVED-Sapphyra Guest

So basically here's some of the stuff I found (Edit: sorry the spacing didn't work! I color coded it instead so its easier to see)
    Class Rank (All servers), lvl 90 (bc lvl 90 is a better indication of active players and server raiding/gear potential than using all levels)
    1. Shadowknight 3,636
    2. Dirge 3,092
    3. Warden 2,667
    4. Wizard 2,517
    5. Coercer 2,355
    6. Templar 2,226
    7. Illusionist 2,191
    8. Paladin 2,174
    9. Fury 2,131
    10. Troubador 2,049
    11. Berserker 1,969
    12. Necromancer 1.932
    13. Conjuror 1,818
    14. Warlock 1,738
    15. Mystic 1,713
    16. Assassin 1,682
    17. Defiler 1,669
    18. Ranger 1,667
    19. Inquisitor 1,653
    20. Swashbuckler 1,628
    21. Monk 1,524
    22. Brigand 1,474
    23. Guardian 1,470
    24. Bruiser 1,435

Class Groups
    Mage 12,551
    Tank 12,208
    Healer 12,059
    Scout 11,592

Server Rank, lvl 90
    1. Antonia Bayle 3,777
    2. Nagafen 3,375
    3. Crushbone 2,974
    4. Najena 2,419
    5. Sebilis 2,354
    6. Splitpaw 2,332
    7. Guk 2,261
    8. Blackburrow 2,066
    9. Unrest 2,036
    10. Permafrost 1,962
    11. Butcherblock 1,866
    12. Runnyeye 1,853
    13. Everfrost 1,831
    14. Kithicor 1,805
    15. Befallen 1,797
    15. Nektulos 1,797
    17. Oasis 1,772
    18. Lucan DLere 1,744
    19. Mistmoore 1,734
    20. Valor 1,678
    21. Storms 1,493
    22. Innovation 1,490
    23. The Bazaar 1,254
    24. Vox (please help) 740

Average 2,017
    EDIT
    Race Stats (lvl 90) Added!
    1. Dark Elf 6,297
    2. High Elf 4,438
    3. Human 4.035
    4. Wood Elf 4,011
    5. Half Elf 3,888
    6. Ratonga 3,081
    7. Kerra 3,044
    8. Barbarian 2,775
    9. Erudite 2,479
    10. Arasai 2,416
    11. Gnome 2,414
    12. Fae 2,282
    13. Iksar 1,645
    14. Ogre 1,252
    15. Dwarf 1,148
    16. Halfling 941
    17. Froglok 829
    18. Sarnak 824
    19. Troll 611
    (i guess faes and arasais are kinda low bc they are relatively newer? Not sure why else, they are sooo kwl /bias)
  6. ARCHIVED-Gungo Guest

interesting numbers
    1) Honestly ~50,000+ lvl 90 people toons playing this game is actually not as bad as I thought. Yes I realize people have multiple 90's. There is also a TON of people not level 90.
    2) With as much as nektulos cries about population issues its actually in pretty decent shape for population nearly 1800 active lvl 90 toons. Still 15th out of 24 servers.
    3) I dont see a single 2 servers they could merge. Merging the 2 lowest level non langauge limited populations would create a server larger then nagafen.
    4) Merge bruisers and monks into the new Monk brawler class and create a new betrayal class Bstylrd.
    5) Assassins are only he top 16 of 24 classes, really?
    4) Mergers:
    a) They need to Merge Vox and Bazaar and give already active Vox players a window to move characters to nagafen if they so desire. Any Vox accounts sold after the merger could not move to Nagafen.
    i) Open up pvp <> pve server transfers.
    b) They should merge storms and innovation. Although they wont but honestly language filters should be client side. Any necessary In game commands should be in english.
  7. ARCHIVED-Sapphyra Guest

Yea some of the class numbers really surprised me too like assassin was lower than i thought (seems like I see them everywhere in bgs lol) and illusionist and dirge were a lot higher than I had figured.
    I know a lot of Vox has been really concerned about population and activity lately, but I was always a little curious how we did stack up against other servers... but seeing as how we have less than 60% of the active lvl 90 population of the second to last server, yea I think we're pretty justified in calling for a merge/transfer option
  8. ARCHIVED-Gungo Guest

Sapphyra wrote:
    The problem is you are screwed by your server designation. You can only merge w a live gamer/PVP server of which Vox is the only one.

The recommendation i gave is likely the best choice and it may not even be possible for legal reasons.
    a) Merge Vox and Bazaar and give currently active Vox players a window to move characters to nagafen if they so desire. Any Vox accounts after the merger could not move to Nagafen.
  9. ARCHIVED-circusgirl Guest

Honestly, the game's hardware couldn't sustain merging any more servers. Antonia Bayle is proof of that--our current population is more than the server hardware can handle, as evidenced by the fact that its been crashing on average about once a week. While I would *love* for there to be some other highly populated server to give the folks that are transferring due to low population a place to go, it seems foolish to create another problem server.
  10. ARCHIVED-Sapphyra Guest

I don't think Vox's population would be much of an added burden to merge into many of the servers hehe.
    (Edit: Especially if they figure out a way to not have to transfer over data for like the jillion inactive lowbie toons here lol. If you actually count toons from all lvls the number of "players" on vox is a lot higher, but its a rather unfair assessment of the server seeing as how you can transfer in but not out, players often make toons to be able to communicate to the other sides or to recently get wfs tokens if your a frp, or to check out what the server is like and then just leave them, so we end up getting a lot of starter toons here that don't get used but get into our listed population. I imagine this is why Vox also has the lowest avg lvl (28.63) over all other servers in the eq2players server statistics listed (by about 20 lvls- second lowest avg lvl is nagafen- 50.12). It gives the image of a much higher active population than there is.)/edit
    @Gungo nice idea yea I thought of something similar to that before except with a merge with nagafen and a transfer option to bazaar but I think with the recent pvp lag issues on naggy your idea would probably be better. The one time transfer option would negate any possibility of them using taking advantage of the exchange status preemptively imo, although tbh Vox is way undergeared from other servers anyhows bc of our lack of high lvl raid guilds.
    Your right though Vox is probably screwed bc of our server designation we have a lot of restrictions and drawbacks from others atm (communication to other servers, transfers, gm support, population, side balances, etc..) but I guess, what it really comes down to is, well, people get tired of getting screwed because of it.
  11. ARCHIVED-Lord_Ebon Guest

Vinka@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Not really. Merging some of the low population servers could actually improve performance. All non-instances run 24/7, so servers with few people using them means a lot of server going to waste. Merge two and you free up all the hardware that was running those zones -- in most cases a single server's hardware should be enough for low-use zones, the few that have high-use could just get a bit more hardware. Even if they had to keep 9/10ths of the hardware of the two servers for the new combined server, that'd still be 1/10th free for places where it's needed (/cough AB ;) ).