class help plz thx

Discussion in 'General Scout Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-lotrostarwars, Jun 2, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-lotrostarwars Guest

ok im new and new help finding the right class i like to do dps with melee and i dont mind using a bow as long as you dont have to use steath all the time i hate when bow users have to use steath lame anyways any help on what class might be right for me would be great thx
  2. ARCHIVED-ericsweeney Guest

Basically you need to decide between x3 different classes. Do you want to be an Assassin, Swashbuckler, or Brigand? Rangers are mostly ranged based and are in a real bind at the end game. They've been that way for a couple of expansions now. And while some very skilled and geared bards can do remarkable dps, that's not the exact focus of their classes.
    To be honest, I wouldn't suggest making a Brigand right now. Having said that, my main is a Brigand. I refuse to jump ship by betraying to Swashbuckler because I love my class. But right now, Brigands are the poor cousin of the Rogue family. The top end world of EQ2 dps focuses on your damage parses. Since Brigand mitigation debuffs affect everyone present, our increase to the collective dps rate of the group is invisible. Thus we really don't get credit for our contributions from a large amount of people. Currently a Swashbuckler has equal single target dps (or perhaps even a hair better) and they have drastically better AE dps.
    Both the Assassin and Swashbuckler classes are doing well. They've both got Hate Transfers, which make them very desireable under the current tanking mechanics. (Also the transfer help with their own aggro issues at the extreme top end. The very top end Brigands don't have such efficient hate loss mechanics and are reporting aggro issues.) Their dps rates are impressive and each have their own specialty. Assassins are the big hitters of single target dps and Swasbucklers are the main users of AE dps. The Swashbuckler will be more durable than an Assassin, yet also lack the raw dps potential of the Assassin. Swashbucklers are more focused on debuffs while dps'ing while Assassins are almost pure dps.
  3. ARCHIVED-Raahl Guest

Dareena@Lucan DLere wrote:
    QFT - Pretty much sums it up. :D