Class for solo

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Vango, Feb 7, 2017.

1. Vango New Member

Greetings!
    I am new player in EverQuest2, but game is really old and on low lvl it is hard to find another players. I want to explore big part of game's content from low lvl to 100. What class should i pick for my goal? I will play solo without merc.
    Thanks all!
  2. Ashenheart Member

You have several good options. Necromancer was my 1st choice. Inquisitor 2nd. But you would do well with one of the shaman classes, too. Shadow Knights are good. Really, any class that can heal itself is good for solo (although templars might kill things a bit slower). With a mercenary you can 'molo' (mercenary+solo) any class.
    Vango likes this.
  3. Melt Actually plays the game

Shadowknight or necro are best solo classes.
    captainbeatty451 and Raff like this.
  4. Berge Member

Warden is another good solo class :)
  5. Vango New Member

Thanks all of you. I really excited about inquisitor's mechanic, i think i'll pick inq.
  6. Tetrol Well-Known Member

For soloing, make sure you pick the aa pathways to access the melee forms of your spell attacks. You can access them before you actually get the spells themselves if you level lock - having the aoe melee hit early really will clear the room fast.
    Vango likes this.
  7. Ashandra Well-Known Member

I would recommend Beast Lord in spiritual stance a lot for you to do finding and building yr pets You can solo pretty well much any thing in game a lot of fun.:).
  8. Meneltel Well-Known Member

May I suggest, when you can (if you can) to get a mercenary. you have to buy the ability with DBC, then hire the mercenary. That ONE mercenary will be your go-to merc until you pay DBC to be able to hire it anywhere. That helps if you do that with 2 or more different merc (depending on your needs) so you can switch out and not have to go back to town to hire them again.

That merc can really fill a hole. If you are a healer type class, that merc (for MANY levels, but not all) can tank for you while you do damage or heal the tank merc as needed.

Just a suggestion. But I actually encourage you to look around and find a guild that is active during your playing time and make some new friends that way. This game is SOOOO much more fun with friends!
    Vango likes this.
  9. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Basically any class can solo well up to level 99 (or even 100 with older zones) providing you have a mercenary (bought separately for DBC). Now for easy solo (no brain) best fit conjuror, beastlord and necromancer
    Vango likes this.
  10. Wgrace Active Member

my vote is spiritual stance beastlord
  11. Vango New Member

Can anyone give me link or recommendation, how should looks inq-solo AA?
  12. Meneltel Well-Known Member

If you are leveling to 100... pick your AAs to GET to max level and max AAs. Once there, come back and you can get advice on what best at max level. You can change your AA set up very easily, can have 3 or so AA setups and switch between them as long as not in combat. Yes, in a midst dungeon run, even.

Some AAs are great for leveling but not useful once you reach max level. So you do what you can to take as few of the lesser AAs once max AAs to spend more on the AA worth it.