Class for solo play?

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by zombiekhan, Nov 19, 2017.

1. zombiekhan New Member

Thinking of starting to play on Fallen Gate Progression server but due to work Ill most likely be soloing most of the time .... whats good class?
  2. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

beast, necro... basically a pet class
  3. Bekkr Well-Known Member

Honestly I wouldn't roll a toon on FG if I knew I was going to be mostly soloing.
    Snikkety, Ceyllynn and Dude like this.
  4. Carynn Well-Known Member

I agree with Bekkr. Do live for soloing, as you can have a merc to assist you for the harder stuff and you will feel like you are actually progressing in the game. If you feel like you're going to fast on live, you can turn off combat xp and/or pump all your xp into AAs. Pet classes still are the better ones for soloing, but overall you can do any class on live as opposed to soloing on FG.
    Dude and HaphazardAllure like this.
  5. Proto12 Active Member

Just in case anyone is still reading this thread, it should be noted that BL's are NOT easy to solo with at all on FG. It's possible that may change when KoS comes out, but in general they don't have the survivability to solo heroic mobs (at level), and they don't have a positional deaggro to allow them to simply pet-tank everything. Soloability as i see it goes in this order...

Conjy/Necro are still the go-to solo class, even with the pet nerf
    Illu/Coercer are great because of the CC
    dps-based healers are next, b/c they are capable of soloing everything easily, just not quickly
    a well geared Pally/Sk
    any other mage
    every one else
  6. Atan Well-Known Member

Really depends on how you define 'solo'. If you want to kill heroic names solo, I find wizard is the easiest. If you want to just mow down stuff and run thru solo content, then BL is pretty strong.

I try to advise people not to go the Conj/Necro route as the server is already congested with very bad summoner players, we don't really need more.

But overall, its not really a server that lends well to soloing, and if soloing is your thing, I'd advise you to go to do so on a live server and not this TLE server.
  7. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

This player has probably already rolled a shadowknight and quit by now, but illy is good at soloing heroic stuff... at least until mobs that are immune to CC become pretty common. Rangers are fun to solo with also.