Class for a dirge?

Discussion in 'Dirge' started by ARCHIVED-Hooch, May 13, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Hooch Guest

Hey all,

As far as dirges go, is it better to play a higher AGI/INT class or a higher STR/STA class. I have seen posts that a dwarf or ogre is the way to go but I see mostly ratonga's in game. I was debating between a gnome or an ogre (maybe a dwarf but probably not since that is my mains race). What would be the pro's and con's to each of the stated races. Thanks for the info.
  2. ARCHIVED-MiscreantPyro Guest

Go with whichever race you like appearance of best, after level 30 or so some of your stats will start hitting their soft cap if you try hard, so it doesn't matter to much later on.

Also take note of your races specific racial trainings when choosing.
  3. ARCHIVED-Orgingrinder Guest

If you plan on entering hardcore raiding, I would suggest Ogre or dwarf. The +3% hp racial trait is huge, as well as the "give defense to another" as well as the +5 defense. If I could make my character over again, I would have gone with an ogre, and just used eyes or illusion spell to become smaller (no one likes a phatty on raids).
  4. ARCHIVED-Laureous Guest

FAT is where its at. :smileyvery-happy:
  5. ARCHIVED-Ishnar Guest

So huge that if you have 1000 base hp, you get a whole 30 more. Woo! Stop everything.
    Ishnar
  6. ARCHIVED-Orgingrinder Guest

Actually i believe the trait is total hp. That's why you see guardians who are dwarves / ogres with more hps than humans. 3% of 8k? is what.. 240? Even if it is only 30 hp on 1k.. well, that's still more valuable than say a hide skill or a TS skill?.. that's if you plan on raiding a lot. Dunno what raids most ppl are into, but my experience has always been HP > all. +3% hp = trait I would die to have, perhaps that's just me... but that's what I would recomend if planning on raiding. 30 free hp, is still 30 free hp :p
  7. ARCHIVED-Ishnar Guest

Wow, 8k hp. Yea, It would be a big deal when the numbers get that high. I just havent seen anyone post a profile much better than 1-2k. Thinking how hard things hit by the time your hp are so high and the bonus begins to look paltry. Maybe you will be able to take another hit, but certianly not another round.
    Ishnar
  8. ARCHIVED-Priestbane Guest

Hrm, I'm not even 50 yet and I break 3k... by myself. In a decent group I get close to 5k.

EDIT: Mo infos
    Message Edited by Godstalk on 05-15-2005 01:20 AM
  9. ARCHIVED-Nobolis Guest

I dunno if it was a glitch or what, but my display showed 100% avoidance today lol.

Hit my highest HP pool today, 7100 yay.

Heres something I like to post to make my e-[expletive ninja'd by Faarbot] feel better.

[IMG]
  10. ARCHIVED-Orgingrinder Guest

Legende.. hehe, grouped with a troubador i see.. lol. Highest my Hp have been on raid was 7400.. Neat to see avoidance sitting at 121% too.. lol, guardian what?
    Generally on raids tho, in dps group will be sitting around 5700ish.. self buffed i can put up about 4750.
  11. ARCHIVED-Nobolis Guest

Yeah, troub, mystic, warden :D
  12. ARCHIVED-Ishnar Guest

Wow, I could concieve a fighter class with that much HP but a dirge? I'm assuming your wearing raid gear or something else gross. What can a non-raid equipped dirge do?
    I have a wood elf bard, but I'm really liking my dwarf and thinking about having him go dirge, even though that was the elf's career plan. But the dwarf looks like such a total beat-stick. I caught onto the character upgrade philosophy of enhancing the strenghs instead of compensating for the weaknesses. So I was planning on choosing the sta and HP upgrade every time it became available, but I did not expect to get more than 100 hp max out of the deal. Though If I did choose STA and HP as my personal or racial trait every time, at 50 I would have +15 STA and +8%HP But most of that would be personal traits, not racial traits. Only 3 STA and 3% of the 8% HP would be racial.
    Sigh, this dwarf is going Assassin, Dirge, or Brigand, if only I could decide, At least I have at least another week before I need to decide.
    Ishnar
  13. ARCHIVED-Priestbane Guest

You cannot pick racial traits more than once. Subsequent lists will exclude what you picked before.
  14. ARCHIVED-Ishnar Guest

That's what I said.
    Ishnar
  15. ARCHIVED-Nobolis Guest

No I don't have any sick gear, and yet nalini seems to think you have to.

http://eq2players.station.sony.com/en/pplayer.vm;jsessionid=84EBEFCA3F9BC52794F4A995306922AA.sdt-foyert14-27109?characterId=114932105

To get numbers like that all u need to do is stack non cleric healers, 2 of them and a bard really. I know I can hit 500 str, damnit lol, that was before I had hex dolls and the str ring.

For the record 7100hp is about 1k less thank a buffed SK's....

Almost forgot incombat stat food ftw!
    Message Edited by Nobolis on 05-17-2005 06:07 AM