Class, Creature and City Connection

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Stained Mind, Nov 26, 2015.

1. Stained Mind New Member

Okay, so everyone knows that your Home City is based on what class and subclass you select along with what species you are, not just whether or not the species is aligned with good or evil. I have spent a lot of time trying to figure out how to get what city I want (Qeynos) to be my home city but every combination I have tried thus far only results in an Evil alignment- in the case of the Neutrals or Evils I have tried out- or Kelethin and/or New Halas (I am freaking sick of the snow!). Yes, I know Evils can't live in Qeynos, I made those ones just to goof around... The point is despite my best efforts I can't seem to get Queynos as my starting city. At this point I am wondering if it is even possible.

I cannot even remember all of the different combinations I have tried over the course of the years I have been playing EQ2. And it is not like I have been at this diligently, just whenever the urge strikes me to try again and by the time I try again I have forgotten the combinations I have tried. I should really write that down...

On that note, however, how is it that a game that has been around as long as EQ2, since 2004, that no one has developed a comprehensive list or spread sheet about what classes and creatures in what combinations wind up where...?
  2. Deveryn Well-Known Member

Qeynos and FP are no longer starting cities. Since around the time of the revamp, those have become the destination at level 20. You can apply for citizenship and go through a brief questline to make Qeynos / FP your home city.
  3. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

Don't even see the point of doing the citizenship quest. Just go to Qeynos and buy a house, set your recall point there, as long as you're a Good or Neutral race/class.
    Spindle likes this.
  4. Deveryn Well-Known Member

Never knew about that :oops:
  5. mouser Well-Known Member

Easiest way (though not by much) is to start in New Halas - swim straight across the channel and there's a small path leading up to the city where you can take a globe (or ship) to Qeynos. The Peat Bog is the 'starting zone' for Qeynos mobs.

Or just ask in General if anyone in Qeynos can invite you and use a Call of the Veteran (CoV) to get you there.
  6. Alenna Well-Known Member

Mouser, Alphonsus what the op is saying is that you can no longer start as a citizen of Qeynos like in the old days Daybreak took choice away from us. well you can but you'd have to spend RL money to do it by buying a heroic character that is Good and they auto matically become a citizen of Qeynos that is the only way now and I for one think it was a terrible thing to do.
  7. mouser Well-Known Member

Actually SOE took that choice away a looooong time ago.

But you can still have Qeynos as your starting city - all you need to do is go there. All the old leveling zones and quests are still there (not the suburbs, but the peat bog, and caves, etc...). Practically speaking, it's not a difficult thing to run to the travel globe and head to Qeynos. As long as you're "good", you're set. Rent a house, do the quests (you can actually do the quests if you're evil if you can get into the zones, though I've heard you can't get into some now :( ) and voila - you're starting in Qeynos just like the old days.

If you want to be an actual "citizen", there's a little quest chain for you to do - no heroic character required.
    Spindle likes this.
  8. Eradani Well-Known Member

i think soe was trying to attract new players by featuring their new cities for starting. they spent a lot of time making their "golden path" linear questline that didn't encourage exploration.
  9. Alenna Well-Known Member

I know you can do that mouser but the choice that was taken away by Daybreak(soe renamed itself daybreak after they were sold off) as some one pointed out when they did the revamps over the overwhelming dislike of that change by the players and I know how long ago it was. they took a choice away you cannot start AS a qeynos or freeport citizen expect by paying RL money for and creating a heoric character. Doing quest to become a citizen is not the same as starting as a Qeynosian or Freeportian that was the choice that was taken away from us
  10. Deveryn Well-Known Member

What's the difference? No choice was really taken away. If anything, life was made a bit easier.

The truth is people always ended up going to the other cities to get started. I actually started back in '06 / '07 on a different character and the first thing I was told was to hop over to Timorous to run the questing to level up.
  11. Tetrol Well-Known Member

The quests to become citizen do open up an occasional quest not available to non citizens - for example the guy on the commonlands docks offers a series which is only fully available to citizens of FP.

Originally, when you left the starter isles you didn't get to be part of FP or Qeynos until you completed some of you class quests iirc - so even with the quick citizen quests nowadays it's still easier.

I only have one (of about 41) alts who is not a citizen of either FP or Q, so I've done them often enough.
  12. Alenna Well-Known Member

emphasis added mine.
    Yes a real choice was taken away Deveryn no matter how you try to parse it out. If they had of left a way for folks to start in Qeynos and Freeport so they could from the first day created be citizens of Qeynos or Freeport you would have been right in your statement above, they did not leave a way for that to happen, so you are wrong a real choice was taken away. are you saying you think having 6 choices instead of only 4 is to hard to deal with. I sure don't think so.

I started in 2007 we had 5 choices of cities to start as citizens Qeynos(Queens Colony)the Overlords Outpost(Freeport), Neriak, Gorwyn or Kelethin and when I created character on the colony or outpost they were citizens of Qeynos or citizens of freeport the devs decided for some reason not to work a way so that you could start as a Qeynos or Freeport citizen when they did the revamps and added New Halas to the starting cities list. Instead of just adding New Halas to the beginning cities to even out the good evil imbalance that was there making 3 for good and 3 for evil they took 2 choices away from starting cities. leaving only 4 choices instead 6 2 for evil 2 for good.

Yes I did do what you did go to the other areas to quest for the good loots with a few of my qeynosian and freeport citizens(note they were still citizen of qeynos and freeport) I also chose to create some characters in the other starting cities as citizens of those cities. But my characters who started on the colony or outpost were still qeynosians or freeport citizens from the day they were created even if I choose to quest in the other starting areas on them. The real choice taken away was to start as a qeynosian or freeport citizen. [
  13. Chrisworld Active Member

If you want to start in the original cities and play through the old school content, subscribe and play on TLE, IMO.

Sure, you can also make a guy in one of the "newer" areas on the regular servers and hop over to your respective city based on alignment and go mess around in the city adventure zones then the major zones of Karan (qeynos/ant/to) or DeLere (FP/CL/Nek). But that method would lack the isle of refuge and stuff, which does not matter, but I have a feeling completionists/perfectionists might be bothered by that.

OP- as for your last question, this is answered by the game. When you make your character you are first presented with classes. Depending on the one you pick you will be restricted to a set of races based on that alignments specifications. I think it tells you on the class screen when you pick one which alignment it is. Monks and bruisers, assassins and Rangers, coercers and illys (and I forget what else) have been made neutral FYI. Also ratongas have been made neutral.
  14. Lasai Well-Known Member

The conflict of Ideals between Freeport and Qeynos is still a central point of the game. It is ridiculous that a person cannot choose either of those at character creation.

What is maddening is this only came about because Smokejumper thought that killing the Island and burbs for a one time quest series was a good idea. Those quests are long past any relevance, and we lost far more than any gain.

I run brand new chars from Darklight to Freeport. I don't even enter Neriak to use a bell.
    Alenna likes this.
  15. Mystfit Well-Known Member

Yes, the choice to start as Q and F is gone, though I don't see why this has to be connected to Heroic characters. What, they took it away so we'd have to buy a real character that was *born* in F and Q? Cause, if you can mentally twist your head around the idea of being *born* at 90, I figure you can also adjust to the idea of being born elsewhere and moving to those two cities.
  16. Mystfit Well-Known Member

Actually I'm not sure what i typed makes any sense whatsoever ;) Move along, pumpkin pie overload...
    Deveryn likes this.