Class Balance

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by VGScastaway, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Kabbe Member

That would require people thinking, it is my beliefs that people just look at numbers and assume highest is best.

Same thing with paladins... Really awesome raid buff but they do less dps then Monk and SK so nobody looking for them for a raid force.
    Scalo likes this.
  2. Revanu Well-Known Member

It sucks when common sense isn't common :(

The problems we face lol
    Scalo and Tekka like this.
  3. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Step 1;
    Remove/Nerf Ascensions.

Step 2;
    Define class 'Roles'. IE - Utility, Healers with Wards, Healers with Debuffs, Healers with Utility. Off-Tanks.

Step 3;
    Reallign abilities to the 'Roles' for all classes.

Step 4;
    Worry about 'Balance' between classes in roles.

Step 5;
    Make Raid mobs that are done easiest using optimal raid setups, but not mandatory.
    Myndd, VGScastaway and Mindsway like this.
  4. Revanu Well-Known Member

that's basically creating a new game in a nutshell which would be financially over the top for current system
  5. Castegyre Well-Known Member

There was a time when wards didn't show up on the parse many people were using. Defilers were considered garbage because they sucked at heals, had no DPS, and the utility they offered was outshined by Mystics. A Warden friend and I used to heal for groups all the time and he would get all the praise. I was told more than once that I was only allowed to bring my Defiler along because he and I were friends. No matter how much he tried to point out to people that my wards were doing a bunch of the work, no one cared because they couldn't see the numbers. Times change, people are still not always so bright.
    Rhodris, Mizri, Tekka and 1 other person like this.
  6. Beee Well-Known Member

BTW: 101 Ability doublecast for 5 !!! seconds, casttime 4 seconds
    It costs too much own dps for a possible ability double cast chance for the target

crappy spell :eek:
  7. Revanu Well-Known Member

so cast before pull at 5 count? and fighter casting it increases duration due to dragon tree increase to beneficial duration which increases the proc length also
  8. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Or going back to how things were before we became this one big mess of everyons a DPS with 1/4 of population having cures, 1/4 being able to survive death touches, and the other 1/2 being whoever is FOTM
    Rhodris likes this.
  9. Revanu Well-Known Member

It is easier to start anew then to roll back the clocks and re-do.

While I do not disagree at all, and keep in mind my opinion is just that an "opinion", I do not think its a event remotely possible solution to a standing problem.

Its a safe assumption to state many if not all of the population would like to eradicate the ascension aspect of the game. However, with how far stats have gone and how a lot of classes have really become obsolete, i.e swash/inq/guard/coercer/bruiser, its tough to just retroactively fit the current game to roll back the times to benefit all 24 classes and have a finite line between healing/dps/tank/support.

Is it possible? Sure

Is it plausible? Doubtful

Would it appeal to the masses? yes and no.

Yes being its a stable and level playing field.

No being the backlash from people spending $$ for ascension upgrades in essence for no reason if that aspect is entirely eradicated.

Its definitely a tricky and uncomfortable spot and I quite honestly, cant think of any bit of a feasible resolution where all parties are appeased while maintaining a positive ROI from daybreaks end.
  10. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

I'd be happy for them to just focus on the classes and leave Ascension. Balancing the 4 ascension classes shouldnt be overly difficult.

But then it's all kind of what they promised before this expansion, then 2 weeks into Beta we were told it had been scrapped.
  11. Revanu Well-Known Member

100% agree, ascension should be left alone.

I couldn't begin to fathom the thought of an entire class balance, even if they go at it by arch-type at a time, you'll have people within community complaining about time table of when its their turn to be the recipients of a long awaited benevolence.
  12. slica Active Member

Fix my brig ca damage and bring back auto attack. K thanks.
  13. Meneltel Well-Known Member

FTFY
    Rhodris and Gninja like this.
  14. Dannni Active Member

There was a small class rebalance during PoP, im not sure what makes people think any future class rebalance will magically resolve the never ending ********. What they should do though is stop watering down classes and make them easier and easier to play... soon there will be the true 1 button dps class, we are almost there
    Breanna likes this.
  15. Revanu Well-Known Member

16. Dannni Active Member

#notroll

didnt say which classes and there is more than 1 class being watered down to nothing
  17. Mindsway Well-Known Member

Step 6:
    Remove AE one-shots on group/raids so other healers can be viable

Step 7:
    Fix Dragonfire

Step 8:
    ???

Step 9:
    PROFIT
  18. Enigma Active Member

I don't really understand why it's taking this long to adjust the numbers on some outstanding classes. Just do a numbers tuning on warlocks and monks aka Apocalypse/cataclysm and Dragon fire.

Same thing with ascension abilities...adjust the numbers and remove the combos from these damn abilities as if they are not broken overpowered enough....

IMO classes should be balanced by AoE and ST potential while providing unique synergies/utility.

AoE melee=Swash/ranger
    ST melee=Assassin/Beastlord
    Utility melee=dirge/troub/brigand with moderation of both ST and AoE potential

AoE caster=Warlock/Necro
    ST caster=Wizard/Conj
    Utility caster=Coercer/Illusionist with moderation of both ST and AoE potential

All classes should equally or should be very close to their damage potential and counterpart. You will select a class based on what you enjoy the most for example if you prefer a caster with a pet but love to deal AoE damage then you would pick a necromancer over a warlock etc.
  19. Enigma Active Member

Ideal heroic group set up you would want is 1 AoE dps, 1 ST dps, 1 bard, 1 chanter, 1 healer and 1 tank.

For raids you would want a balance of ST and AoE dps and you can rock full melee or full caster set ups or a mix of both.
  20. Mermut Well-Known Member

I don't think an 'ideal' group should require 2 utility (ie bard AND chanter). That would mean their utility would have to be SUPER high.. and that no other classes had meaningful utility.. if 'ideal' required both.
    Mindsway likes this.