Class Balance Forum

Discussion in 'General Feedback' started by jbc1948, Mar 30, 2023.

1. jbc1948 Well-Known Member

It's a fine idea as long as changes to various classes involves things that improve a class as opposed to just nerfing a class that people complain is overpowered.
    Twyla and Siren like this.
  2. Smashey Well-Known Member

All I "want" is for T1/T1.5/T2/Util/Healer to return.

Single target focused classes can beat their opposites (Brigand vs swashbuckler) and AE (Warlock vs wizard) etc I also want defensive healers to have a bigger role again and all classes should be viable within a certain percentage of each other..
    Twyla likes this.
  3. Jrox Well-Known Member

I think calling for any kind of nerf, which is what I think I am seeing here with the innuendo, is a terrible start to correcting class balance. People should focus on their class.

After you spend some real time thinking about your class you should consider:

1. What will make your class more in line with what you think it should be doing within the confines of group sets.
    a. What abilities do I offer a grp (including DPS)
    b. How am I different from my counterpart class (Swash/Brig) (Ranger/Assassin) (Defiler/Mystic) as examples.
    c. What is not working right now that should be fixed as part of my rework.

2. Should your class be at the top of the list and why.

Offering this type of feedback would be constructive and helpful. Calling for classes to be nerfed, or discussing a class you don't play is not adding to any real feedback but playing into your own bias. Consider this before making claims or calling for nerfs please.
    Elostirion, Twyla and Siren like this.