City token for status ?

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Aran Anar, Feb 3, 2013.

1. Aran Anar Active Member

Hi all i got question about those city tokens you can get from quests. How do i get status from them? I got them in my backpack about 5 of them and game says you can use them if your guild below level 95 for status.

Heres the problem...... I move them to my back pack and then i goto a city merchant, same one i sell tokens to for status i get from dungeons, and they show up for sale but NO Status is listed.....float mouse pointer over it in my backpack and it says i can get status for it.

Anyone know where i have to go in game to get that lv 95 status for city tokens, city merchant not working?:confused:
  2. Luhai Active Member

hello, there are certain faction based vendors in the city that will offer status instead of coin for these. They just need to be sold to the corresponding NPC guild
    See here for more details:
    http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Status_items

I'm pretty sure you can also sell these to a random guild hall merchant for status if you don't have your own guild hall
    You can visit a random guild hall that is open to visitors and sell to the merchant if they have one (which is usually the case).
  3. Ardrek Member

I can't figure out where to sell them, the city tokens don't show up in anybody's window for sale and nobody offers guild status for them. I normally go to the New Halas city vendor and sell all of the other things to get guild status. The above wiki link is as un-informative as usual, it only tell us where everything else can be sold. the wiki city token link only tells you what you could have found out by looking at the city token itself... that you can sell it.. just not where.
  4. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

You can sell them to a special NPC during the city festivals. BUT, if you can post at the broker, you are better off bartering for things like building blocks and unique city furniture, posting them and then buying rep items at the broker with the proceeds.
  5. Eradani Well-Known Member

there used to be 4 city factions and each had an npc to buy a type of status items. i'm not sure about all the other npcs since the city revamps BUT i know there is one guy in SFP who buys all the items for status.

standing at the bells facing the water, he's on the docks to your left. almost at the very end with his back to the wall.