Chronoportal Phenomenon Feedback and Bugs 2021

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Feb 26, 2021.

1. Kaitheel Developer

Chronoportal Phenomenon is now active on Test!

For years we have been witness to mysterious portals across the Shattered Lands, allowing travel back in time, to the Age of Turmoil. I can happily report, our studies into them have furthered our knowledge of chronomancy, and led to many breakthroughs. We now recognize this as the annual phase in which the barrier to the stream of the past is the thinnest. Which brings me to my point; we are in need of your help!

A few beasts emerged from their respective portals and have made their way to our time! Zendiel is recruiting overseers to assist in their capture before it is too late.

Find my fellow chronomancers, whether in Myrist, the Coliseum of Valor, Antonica, The Commonlands, Enchanted Lands, Thundering Steppes, Steamfont Mountains, Lavastorm, Sinking Sands, Feerrott, or Moors of Ykesha. They are holding the portals to the Chronostream open. Step into the time between times, from where you’ll be able to venture to the Age of Turmoil and help investigate this wondrous magic. Your accomplishments will surely be rewarded.

New Features for '21!
    TLE servers:
    • The entire event is active, with the exception of the Fabled zones, due to their level.
    Live Servers:
    • 3 new overseer quests offered by Zendiel in The Chronoweave
    • Erben Delki, the Chronoportal merchant in The Chronoweave, is now selling the following 10 new items:
      • Innoruuk's Chosen
      • Twilight in Air
      • Gates of Innovation
      • Skittering Nightmare
      • Spiritseeker’s Crypt
      • Pledging Knight Statue
      • Age of Turmoil Hero Statue
      • The Ishva Mal Plushie
      • Dune Spider Plushie
      • Aviak Harrier Plushie
    Returning features:
    • In-game mail to announce and summarize the event, including locations to access the Chronoweave.
    • The Chronoweave is the place to find event merchants, quest givers, and the Chronoportals to the past.
    • Chronoportals (including 7 fabled versions)
      • Portal to the Past: Qeynos Hills
      • Portal to the Past: Plains of Karana
      • Portal to the Past: Qeynos Ruins
      • Portal to the Past: Steamfont
      • Portal to the Past: Nagafen's Lair
      • Portal to the Past: Southern Desert of Ro
      • Portal to the Past: Ocean of Tears
      • Portal to the Past: Guk
    • Returning Achievement:
      • Time Traveler
    • Returning Quests:
      • Camping the AC! – Public Quest in 'Portal to the Past: Southern Desert of Ro [Public Quest]'
      • Hunt the Past - Repeatable, once per year
    • Returning Collection:
      • Elements of Time
    • The Chronoportal merchants, Erben and Distun Delki, relocate themselves to The Commonlands and Antonica for a time, after the event is concluded.

Please note: The Fabled zones do not scale in level. The Southern Desert of Ro public quest is for all levels!

Remember /unmentor is a useful command.

Any feedback submitted after 03/07/2021 may not be received in time to be taken into account for this year.

This event content is currently set to run 03/16/2021 at 12:01am PDT through 03/25/2021 at 11:59pm PDT on the live servers. The merchants for this event are available during the event, inside the Chronoweave, but then will be in Antonica and The Commonlands from 03/26/2021 through 04/1/2021.

~ Kaitheel
  2. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

aaaaaah a new challenge
  3. Kasa Well-Known Member

Merchant house items are working good. Like to request the two statues Pledging Knight Statue and Age of Turmoil Hero Statue scale down more. It would be wonderful if we could use them on tables, in bookcases if possible. Statues, paintings and plushies, you know the way to our hearts! :D
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  4. Xavion Well-Known Member

will there be updated loot for pqs or zones for 120 reign of shadow gear? would be nice if there was otherwise event will kinda be short lived for some
  5. Kasa Well-Known Member

Received prefix title.
  6. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

What is this new Spiritseeker’s Crypt painting? I don't recognize that area from EQ1?

Twilight In Air is the Plane of Air.
    Gates of Innovation is the Plane of Innovation.
    Skittering Nightmare is the Plane of Earth.
    Innoruuk's Chosen is Guarding the Foreign Quarter with a new frame.
    Spiritseeker's Crypt is.... ???
  7. Hartay Keeper of the Server Hamsters

Crypt of Nadox?
  8. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

You mean the Crypt of Bertoxxulous? What is Nadox?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  9. Hartay Keeper of the Server Hamsters

10. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

I look forward to the holiday events every year. Please don't assume that the art team and coders are one and the same, because they're not. The artists have their own stuff to work on. If you're demanding that THEY start working out bugs, then you may as well ask the actual coders to start adding in new armors they drew up in MS paint and expect the same quality. The devs who add content into the game are not necessarily the same ones who tweak the mechanics.
  11. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Oh. OHHHHH!!!! Yes yes yes! I COMPLETELY FORGOT about the Legacy of Ykesha adventure pack and the zones found inside. I never had a huge chance to properly explore it. The lore purist in me is surprised to see they made a painting of an area that is non-canon to EQ2's timeline, but that's neither here nor there.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  12. Nicolos Active Member

I’m aware it’s too late to do now but please add the EQ1 Luclin art painting to your to-do list for someday please! The ocd in me is freaking out that I have velious and PoP but not what goes in between! Lol. Oh, and another chance at the PoP painting would be great too ;)
  13. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Yes! I feel like I missed out on paintings of the old EQ expansion's box art while I was away from the game for 8 years. I MUST HAVE THEM!

My suggestions for future Chronoportal Phenomenon paintings on the merchant: A picture of Norrath from EQ1's Luclin, like this one:

https://imgur.com/a/bcgk6fJ

[IMG]
  14. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

15. Kaitheel Developer

FYI -

I've submitted a request to get the rewards updated for the public quest, "Camping the AC!"

~ Kaitheel
  16. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

As an FYI, an RoS-geared 120 can do all the fabled zones solo. (Lavastorm is a pain, but doable, at least for my warden)
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Rats, your second image didn't come through? :(

Uwk
    curious now, since the first one was so awesome :D
    Breanna likes this.
  18. Jiggamann Member

Decent current adventuring gear? how about an upgraded HH belt :D
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Heck, by this point I'd just settle for visible belts, even if they were only Appearance ones on the Marketplace. ;->

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  20. Kaitheel Developer

I think the thread you're looking for is in another section.

~ Kaitheel
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.