Chronoportal Phenomenon Feedback and Bugs 2020

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Feb 28, 2020.

1. Kaitheel Developer

Chronoportal Phenomenon is now active on Test!

For years we have been witness to mysterious portals across the Shattered Lands, allowing travel back in time, to the Age of Turmoil. I can happily report, our studies into them have furthered our knowledge of chronomancy, and led to many breakthroughs. We now recognize this as the annual phase in which the barrier to the stream of the past is the thinnest. Which brings me to my point; we are in need of your help!

Find my fellow chronomancers, whether in Myrist, the Coliseum of Valor, Antonica, The Commonlands, Enchanted Lands, Thundering Steppes, Steamfont Mountains, Lavastorm, Sinking Sands, Feerrott, or Moors of Ykesha. They are holding the portals to the Chronostream open. Step into the time between times, from where you’ll be able to venture to the Age of Turmoil and help investigate this wondrous magic. Your accomplishments will surely be rewarded.

New features for '20!
    • TLE servers:
      • Kaladim – No participation
    • Live servers:
      • Erben Delki, the Chronoportal merchant in The Chronoweave, is now selling the following 11 new items:
        • A Giant Threat
        • Den in the Hills
        • Fort of Strength
        • Unrest in Dagnor’s Cauldron
        • A Wealth of Knowledge
        • A Reverent Knight
        • A Blessing Bestowed
        • Fire Giant Plushie
        • Sand Giant Plushie
        • Lava Duct Crawler Plushie
        • Runed Singing Steel Cloak
      • The Chronoportal merchants, Erben and Distun Delki, relocate themselves to The Commonlands and Antonica for a time, after the event is concluded.
    Returning features:
    • In-game mail to announce and summarize the event, including locations to access the Chronoweave.
    • The Chronoweave is the place to find event merchants, quest givers, and the Chronoportals to the past.
    • Chronoportals (including 7 fabled versions)
      • Portal to the Past: Qeynos Hills
      • Portal to the Past: Plains of Karana
      • Portal to the Past: Qeynos Ruins
      • Portal to the Past: Steamfont
      • Portal to the Past: Nagafen's Lair
      • Portal to the Past: Southern Desert of Ro
      • Portal to the Past: Ocean of Tears
      • Portal to the Past: Guk
    • Event Achievement:
      • Time Traveler
    • Quest:
      • Camping the AC! – Public Quest
      • Hunt the Past - Repeatable, once per year
    • Collection:
      • Elements of Time
    Please note: The Fabled zones do not scale in level. The Southern Desert of Ro public quest is for all levels!

Remember /unmentor is a useful command.

This event content is currently set to run 03/17/2020 at 12:01am PDT through 03/26/2020 at 11:59pm PDT on the live servers. The merchants for this event are available during the event, inside the Chronoweave, but then will be in Antonica and The Commonlands from 03/26/2020 through 03/31/2020.

~ Kaitheel
  2. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Thank you for listing out the new items! I found 8 of them without the list, before the server went down for patching, but now I won't have to dig so hard to figure out the other 3! <3
  3. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

None of the statues/plushies stack (and THANKS for bringing those IG for us!)
  4. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Random comment: could we get a mender in the chronoportal instance? Fabled are doable now but I still die when I afk in the middle of a fight and it would be nice to have a mender handy in the lobby..

Fabled portals are doable at 120 (2-box) but lengthy. Loot wasn't updated (as expected).
    I hope the loot in the PQ was updated, haven't had the chance to run it yet.

I'll post a more complete feedback when I'll be done with the last 2 instances.
  5. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

It should be noted that 3 of the pictures are reframes of pictures we already have. (This isn't a bug, this isn't a bad thing, it just is ... and some folks might like the different frame option. :D)

The two statues are huge on max enlarge. They don't get very small, but they're perfect for grand outdoor areas.

(Ocarinah shows off the sizes and the reframes in the following video: )
  6. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Quick note on Ocean of Tears [Fabled]. I got TWO chests with ancient platinum in it. The first one dropped of a group of gobs on the island (before I killed the Ancient Goblin, so it was one of the 2 groups of regular gobs there), the second one dropped as expected, from the allizewsaur.
  7. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Done running the fabled zones. It's doable at 120 with, well, regular gear and not plat-infused. They work well. They take some times for the bosses but one can really run them fine and it's nice. Just in need of PQ testing now and I can't remember how often it spawned (but not very often iirc). We might need some help on that part (like turning them on every hour or spawning the PQ for us)

EDIT: found Chrol's post from last year stating that it ran every 2h on Test and random time from 2h up on live.
    I'll suggest making it a fixed time this year on live as the chronoweave instance isn't easily available from BoL zone and loot will probably be old stuff.
  8. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Loot for the PQ IS old stuff {nod}

One cosmetic issue found. The PQ portal lists level 10-110 still, though 120s can be in there just fine.
  9. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

We just ran the PQ and it worked without a hitch. I got the Kerafyrm's Lair house too. Thanks everybody!
    Loot is outdated on the PQ, I don't know if you plan on addressing that or not as it's a fight and not just handing out roses.
  10. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

o well we knew it's coming one thing after another and than some in between , on live , here on Rivervale and Kaladim
    No rest for the wicked .
    I love those new plushies they don't have those tags over their heads like the replicas .
    And I just adore that cloak , the new paintings , or should I say the new frames are nice too .
  11. Kaitheel Developer

I've got some changes headed to Test for this event:
    • A Reverent Knight - Item now stacks.
    • A Blessing Bestowed - Item now stacks.
    • Fire Giant Plushie - Item now stacks.
    • Sand Giant Plushie - Item now stacks.
    • Lava Duct Crawler Plushie - Item now stacks.
    • A Reverent Knight - Item can now be shrunk to an even smaller size.
    • A Blessing Bestowed - Item can now be shrunk to an even smaller size.
    • Camping the AC! - Loot has been adjusted. Empyral Quintessence and higher level scrolls can now drop for those level 111 or higher.
    • Camping the AC! portal description has been edited to accommodate the new level cap of 120.
    As usual, I am unsure when these will hit Test, but they are on the way!

Thank you for helping to ensure this celebration is as smooth as possible!

~ Kaitheel
  12. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Thanks Kaitheel!

Could you confirm spawn times for the PQ? Last year it was every 2h on Test and minimum 2h and up to (at least) 5h on live. Is this still the case, and if it is, could that be adjusted?
  13. daicia Well-Known Member

Never mind! (The announcement was not coming up as a top result for some reason.) Strange!
    Cassta and Cyrrena like this.
  14. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

We ever going to get more zones added to this event, considering we've got 3(?) extra tiers on the top now? Possibly a classic raid, like Vox or Naggy?
    Cassta, daicia, Cyrrena and 1 other person like this.
  15. Cassta Well-Known Member

:( I am glad you can complete the fabled instances, however, IMHO it would be nice if was set for lvl 110+.
    Rosyposy and Breanna like this.