Chronoportal Phenomenon 2013 - Feedback and bugs

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Mar 4, 2013.

1. Johnnie New Member

Yea i would love to bring the Pocket Portals back in to the Game all the paintings cost just more zoning time ;)
    Tylia, Adam05 and Cyliena like this.
  2. Calthine Well-Known Member

Oh, what a great idea for next year!
    Jrel and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Amen. I play at odd hours, and generally tend to solo (if we can "play [our] way!" my way is usually alone); tried the Fippy one with my Conjurer and got slaughtered and discouraged, and, theoretically, she wasn't even "solo," having a combat pet. Ironically, she got "mentored down" to do the Fippy one, which made all the ^^^ yellow to her; I'm wondering if it would've been better trying one closer to her actual level. ::shrug::

But letting "everyone ... have something to do during an event as significant as this" is a marvelous idea, and far more encouraging! Now...off to shiny hunt (and thanks, Cloud, for finding out about them all; hope to have them fixed by now)! :)

Uwk
    Absyntheea likes this.
  4. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Is it intentional that you can reset the timers on the instances before the 18 hours is up, so you can run these several times a day?
  5. Avianna Well-Known Member

Are the painting house portal items?
  6. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

nope, not the chronoportals ones.
    The reference was to the claimed velious paintings imo
  7. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

The coins for the collection quest are nifty, but lackluster for a world event. A unique house item or illusion would be cool. I know a guy who would trade in his wife for a Fippy Darkpaw illusion.
    Absyntheea likes this.
  8. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

The SS shinies are not spawning or respawning properly. I saw a couple when zoning with Leu, then it didn't seem to respawn, but I saw another one later with another char, so it must respawns. Points are hidden behind tents or bridge, 1 point was on the bridge, but anyway, it didn't seem to respawn (and I was tracking for shinies).
    It should be fixed as the Steamfont point isn't safe and putridia is even worse for lowbies.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  9. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

Indeed. As the main value of this collection quest is so low levels can get some coins to barter with. If a character is high enough level to handle Steamfont mobs and higher, then that character can also group and do Fippy at least. It is the low levels that need to be able to collect the shinies. Please do fix things in SS.
  10. Calthine Well-Known Member

11. Hirofortis Active Member

Any chance you would chrono portal those nifty player made painting that were offered for 1 day on Thanksgiving. The one dang day I was on vacation and missed it. grr..
  12. Kaitheel Developer

Already fixed internally...

~Kaitheel
    Calthine likes this.
  13. Belissa Active Member

Some stuff I have recognized on the live server now (don't know if I'm supposed to post that here still):

* Some of the adornments don't show any value as long as you are in the instance. It shows the level, the slot it fits into, but not any stat at all. As soon as you zone out and are not mentored anymore, they show their correct value (Happens on the German server, don't know if this is the case as well on the other server)

* The small statues you can buy can only be placed in your house, but not in the guild hall. Is this intentional? Would love to put them into our guildhall and create a kind-of-cinema, since all of them look into the same direction =P
  14. Anaogi Well-Known Member

OK, I commented elsewhere how disappointed I was by the shiny reward. Having now read the rationale for it, I amend my sentiment, the the extent that there could at least have been an option--coins or another cool item (for those for whom coins are not a big huge deal).

Still slightly disappointed in no update to the goodies, but still fun overall...
  15. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

Some feedback about the shinies, hopefully this will be considered for next year:

There are very few shinies, and all are very close to the portals. Makes sense lore-wise about the closeness I realize. But it does create problems. If there are more than two players collecting, it can be VERY hard to get many shinies. Especially as some players can collect very fast, and also move very fast to the shinies.

With so few spawns, we also get the campers. And if there are only 3-4 shinies, and you have all of their basic locations being camped, no hope at all. Yes, you can keep checking for when it is less busy. But on very populated servers this can be tricky at best. Plus some players are limited in what times of day they can play.

Add to this the problem of the rare one in each group. Nebulous Vortex for example. That one seems quite rare, while the Crackling Residue is excessively common. This forces players to collect shinies much longer in each location, as they need the rare one for each of their characters.

Lastly is the smaller but still bothersome problem of being a low level. So being limited also in areas where one can even collect. With all of the above going on, trying to get a set of shinies for each of one's characters when low level can be frustrating at best, and extremely time consuming at worst.

--------------------------------------------------------

My suggestions for a more stress free shiny collection time next year:

1. Increase the amount of shiny spawns, and place some farther away from the main hub. Since these are "spitting out" from the portals, more near the portals, but still some farther away as well, so there is less of a clump of players in a tight little area all fighting to reach the shinies before others. (Thundering Steppes definitely needs more shiney spawns than the three basic locations I could find. Enchanted Lands needs more as well, as does the Feerott. The others areas also could really use some more spawn points too.)

2. Increase the spawn rate. It did seem to me that the spawns did seem to increase a teeny bit as more characters were in the portal area, but not enough to allow for the additional characters collecting. And there is nothing wrong with a faster rate when just one or two people are collecting. That just means those players get done faster, and can leave sooner from the shiny area.

3. Make all the shinies spawn equally. This is a short event, and the shinies are in very limited areas. No need for a rare shiney when there are only three in each area.
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

[emphasis above mine --U.]

And without the live servers (The Bazaar and Vox), there's really no need for rares like that any more. :-/

Uwk
  17. Calthine Well-Known Member

I don't think there are rares. On Beta and Live I didn't have any problem completing the collection in under an hour.
  18. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

Not like the normal sort of rares. But there are some that are much more frequent in spawning than others. Perhaps it is not intentional. But still happening nonetheless.
  19. Epixz Member

there is a bug that has occured for me.
    after zoning in i noticed the zone are the exact same as the ones from last year and i noticed another bug the loots is exactly the same too.
    it must obviously be bug since no game designer would let the same stuff happen years after years without thinking : hey we had so many lvl increase since we introduce this that it would be nice to actually update this.
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

You'd think...but my alts who had already done the Beers for Brell quest during Brewday, for instance, found nothing really exciting at all in the "latest and greatest" rewards: some temporary appearance stuff, or drinks, or whatever...a House Item would've been preferred, even if repeated (I can think of several reasons to have more than one of something). ;->

The best reward from that, of course, is the Brewer's Backpack (36 slots at low levels!), but you can't do much with the recipe if you get it again. :-/

Uwk