Chromatic Essence only off nameds?

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Nemisiis, Mar 1, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-SilkenKidden Guest

LFG wrote:
    Really. You are the majority? I think if you count all the crafters and casual players together you will find that we are in the majority in this game.
    It would be an interesting statistic to come by. Perhaps one group or the other of us is playing the wrong game. If these household items are for elite raiders only, I should start looking for a game that does want casual and solo players. I'm tired of things put into the game for raiders only.
  2. ARCHIVED-greenmantle Guest

LFG wrote:
    Both are the minority, the number of serious crafters and the number of raiders.
    LFG should know the figures, the ones i had i cant find atm but the last break down showed there were far more people soloing and occasionally or always grouping than raiding.
    As for "Hardcore" raiders wouldyou classify that as the top 1 or 2 raid gilds?
    So are we talking max 48 people a server. When you look at it like that 48 people out of thousands is a pretty pityfull number but they scream the loudest, get in people faces and tell every one how they are eq2 and the game needs to be aimed at them.
  3. ARCHIVED-Gorhauth Guest

Silken@Butcherblock wrote:
    You are aware that a raid isn't required for any of the pieces, right? Groups at 75 were killing COA, all except the last named. Go to an instance if you want to avoid people fighting for named mobs. When I logged in this afternoon, I was the only person in Seb. I was expecting it to be packed, but it was empty. The instances were full to the gills though.
  4. ARCHIVED-Nemisiis Guest

LFG wrote:
    I don't recall ever saying that I was a pure crafter or that I didn't have a high level character. I do much more than TS in this game, it just happens to be that TS'ing is one of things I enjoy most. I play a level 80 warden. I came from a very hard core raid guild in EQ1. It wasn't what I wanted after 6 years, so I moved here with some like minded friends and we have a lovely casual guild where we are all friends and have a great time together. We run instances and occasionally raid. I am certainly not in any minority. I am not trying to start an argument with you, I just don't believe that hard core raiders are the majority in this game. I think there is a huge spectrum ranging from low level toons and/or tradeskillers up to hard core raiders who tradeskill on the side.
    I am not saying that there is not a place for raid dropped TS recipe items. I think there is. But I don't think this is it. I will agree that the charm slot items are a bit more *overpowered* than anything else in these recipes and if they were to make a separate type of essence for them that drops in raids I'd say "more power to you". But I don't believe you should have to be a raider to enjoy house improvements.
    Anyway, I apologize if I came off insulting, it was not my intention. I just feel there's too much of a spectrum of items in these recipes to make *all* of them be raid dropped items. Some of them, yes. But if you do it to all of them (and mainly the house items), then the ones that aren't over powered are made insanely difficult to obtain by the people who could/would actually use them.
    Edit: I read the post on your website concerning this matter and found that you were saying the same thing I was in this post.... LOL guess this game causes knee jerk reactions sometimes :)
  5. ARCHIVED-SilkenKidden Guest

Gorhauth wrote:
    Of course I am aware that a raid isn't required. Didn't you read what I wrote? I spent the day in Sibilis with groups, one after the other, not in a raid.
    This rare shouldn't be so hard to get. There should have been enough named MOBs in the zone to give some of us even the slightest chance of getting the item.
    I must say though, I'm impressed. How did you manage to solo Seb? I was in there with level 80 fighters, healers, and mages. Although we could get through most of the areas, we were wiped a number of times. It is not a solo zone.
  6. ARCHIVED-Nemisiis Guest

I'd really suggest you do instances instead of Seb/Chardok. In the contested dungeons, you don't even know if you're going to see a named at all with everything being camped due to epics. I logged in today and did something I don't normally do. I joined a pick up group for Chelsith. I normally hate pick up groups and stay with guild groups but not many were on and I wanted to see if I could pick up an essence. Mind you, I really wasn't expecting to. The group turned out to be one of the best pick up groups I've ever been in. We did Chelsith and sure enough, an essence dropped. I didn't win it but I was just happy to see one drop.
    Later I did vaults with guildies and one dropped which I actually won the roll on. We did CoA after that and one dropped there too for a guildie. I'm sorry I don't agree with you that these are too difficult to obtain. If you were in Seb then you can certainly do an instance. At least you know that in an instance, you are definitely going to encounter some nameds. I would just get into some instance groups and see what happens. Good luck to you!
  7. ARCHIVED-sokil Guest

The item dropped in COA today. Not sure yet what or how to make anything. All but one of my crafters are 80 craft/ much lower adenturer and becuase I play pvp it is just not feasible to spend weeks trying to get faction at lvl 20ish adventurer. Will have to do some more research to see what I can make.
    Sochi
  8. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

So you spent a few hours in Sebilis today instead of doing instances with guaranteed named in them. You think that few hours entitles you to an essence? So hard to get? They're all over the place. If anything they are too common. I was surprised to see multiple drops in the same instance, and multiple essences for two or three instances in a row.
    I can't even begin to fathom how spending a few hours in a dungeon on patch day and killing a named or two makes you think you're entitled to a rare crafting component. Do you run out and harvest two nodes, get no rares, and then say "man these rares shouldn't be so hard to get"?
    People talk about raiders whining but this thread is certainly eye opening to some serious entitlement issues.
  9. ARCHIVED-Mystfit Guest

I was invited into a group of VOES in the Wastes, nice small instance, took us perhaps 45 minutes? Two dropped (I got one..yay..what to make, what to make!) MOnitoring level chats, it didn't take long for the first one to drop and several times last night, I saw people requesting price check and such.
  10. ARCHIVED-Tokamak Guest

greenmantle wrote:
    I think you need to read what LFG wrote, and stop and think before you commit fingers to keys. He said raiders - NOT - contested killing raiders. Its not difficult.
    Im in a casual raid guild myself, we do all the instances (not trak) and we raid 4 nights a week. He is not talking about 24 people per server, he is talking about everyone who is reliant on raid mobs providing the majority of their gear. People who are a bit sick of putting in all that time and effort only to be rewarded with a better item droped from a joke of an instance.
    We are still forced to use t7 gear in places (thats t7 HQ and collection items...) and each and every raider is using t8 gear that is either crafted, from t8 collections, or obtained from easy solo quest lines (thugga neck anyone?). What we are not doing is stampeding to VP to get all of the great loot that drops there.
    Ill leave it to you to decide who has so completely spannered the itemisation, wheather it was the people that did the raid loot tables, or domio for making some mastercrafted (and some of these new items) so much more powerfull than what is available to players clearing raid content.
  11. ARCHIVED-Dreadpatch Guest

A reason why people who primarily craft should be in guilds : ) I hate crafting, so I work with my Tradeskillers to get the items I need (food, potions, poisons, gear, etc.) How do I work with them? I provide them with materials of course!!! They have but to ask what they want. Find a good guild, and your adventurers will get you what you need! Unfortunately that won't help you with faction recipes, as they are no trade : (
  12. ARCHIVED-SilkenKidden Guest

Tokamak wrote:
    You are forced to wear t7 gear? Haven't you heard, this game is all about choices. You can choose to buy some T8 gear. My tailor makes some very nice master crafted items. I'm sure armorers have something for the plate wearers. What is forcing you.
  13. ARCHIVED-SilkenKidden Guest

Gaige wrote:
    A few hours? No. I spent 8 hours. A whole day. So did at least 6 other people. None got near a named. Didn't all the pre-release hype state that the rare would drop from MOBs in Seb, among other places?
    You can't begin to fatham? Why do people respond to ideas with comments on people. Whether I think I'm entitled to anything is not up for debate here.
    Whining? The point of all my notes and many others is that this drop should not be from a named MOB in the first place. Please don't flame those posting. Debate the ideas.
  14. ARCHIVED-Verky Guest

I didn't fully read all the posts, all the quoting upon quoting gets annoying to read and sift through. So here goes. First you don't need to farm contested names in Chardok or Sebilis. We did a run of VoES and Maidens and had one drop from each zone. So they are dropping off instances. While getting 2 last night, I have to say it looks like they only come out of Ornate chests. We also noticed an increase of ornate. Usually going through VoES we get mostly treasured, we had 3 ornate and one fabled. Could just be we were lucky. Maidens was the same way, 2 treasured chests from named in there. No fabled, but rest was ornate.

And as for the whole complaint about not getting the essences easier, well they ARE special recipes. I don't believe it should be expected to be able to make a bunch of these things and sell them on the broker. These are mostly items for adventurers and I think its only fair that if they want something made, they get the "Rare" and find someone to make it for you.
  15. ARCHIVED-Rqron Guest

Tokamak wrote:
    Well, if the master crafted items are more powerful then raid loot then what prevents you from buying them? After all if you sell of the "junk" you will get enough coin to buy good gear.

I.M.H.O. it is a fallacy for raiders to assume that just because they raid they have the "RIGHT" to have uber loot drop and nothing else in the game should be so powerful. You assume that you put more time in then the crafter and other players but let me tell you, the hours you spend in a raid are in NO way different then the hours a person spend crafting, soloing, or grouping in an instance on an hour for hour base you are absolutely "EQUAL". Its not harder in any way shape or form...all everyone is doing is pushing buttons....you don't work harder than anyone else. You sit in a comfortable chair (hopefully) like anybody else clicking on a icon on the screen..wow yes that is hard work....so be satisfied with what you have and enjoy the raid..a raid is a extended group working together and that is the enjoyment of it...to kill a 4 times harder mob with 4 times as many people then a single group mob.
    To say you have specific rights or claim the only right to uber loot is just crazy..you would if raiders would pay more per subscription but you don't. In fact, if it comes down to who is costing SOE more money by using more of the development time, cycle time on the servers, hardware and bandwidth is is you the "hardcore" raider. So if someone deserves anything special then it is the casual player who pays for your enjoyment.

J.C.

edit because even after 60 years I still can't spell..at least in English as it is not my first language
  16. ARCHIVED-Rijacki Guest

T8 master crafted is not better than T7 high-end raid drops and it never should be.

Your statement displays your complete ignorance about gearing up for raiding and what raiders need (and, in my opinion, underscores why non-raiders don't need raid gear).

It's about choosing to gear up your character to be capable of taking on harder and harder and harder targets. Yes, that does mean a fair measure of min/maxing and finding the best possible, obtainable gear for thus and so equip location (and the best gear might even be situational, especially for more casual raiders). "Forced" to wear T7 gear, T8 quest gear, collection quest rewards, etc, means that is the bet obtainable for that slot for that raider's role. There are still some T7 raid drop pieces which hands down better for certain classes and/or certain raid roles than items even dropping in furthest reaches of Veeshan's Peak.

How did crafters react when they saw (or perceived) their T8 master crafted items as being inferior to T7 easy quested items? A raider has much the same reaction for T8 hardest zone raid drops being inferior to T7 raid drops, T8 solo quests, T8 easy group instances (easy to a raider in T7 gear or even to a non-raider in T8 master crafted and/or T8 quest obtained gear), crafted from normal harvests (common or rare), or even crafted from items dropping in T8 group instances.

I am a crafter. I am a raider (not so-called "hard-core", but 3-4 times a week in T8 stuff). I also play the grouping game. I am a roleplayer and I even have a couple characters on Venekor. In what spare time I have between work, home stuff, and playing, I run a fan site dedicated to just one of the crafting classes and its customers. I doubt anyone could call me truly "casual" since I spend probably more hours on EQ2 and related stuff than I do earning my paycheques (and I work 40-45+ hours a week on salary).
  17. ARCHIVED-Valdaglerion Guest

Back on topic about the Chromatic Essence -

Drop rates seem to be fine, at least on our server where an average of 2 are being reported per instance. Personally, I ran 4 instances last night in Rok and didnt see one but eh, bad luck for me - too many reported to drop last night to complain about the drop rates. Give it a week or 2 and the essence will become very affordable for all I am sure unless drop rates get tweaked to be more rare.

As for it coming from named in Rok instances - considering the items, with the exception of the 2 house items, are for high level adventurers anyway they should have no problem obtaining the essence and bringing it to a crafter for a comission. For those low level adventurers/high level crafters, you should be able to buy an essence soon enough or an adventurer that wants a house thing, you take the other (you make them in pairs). I suggested this to someone last night who wants an expander for the house items and they were fine with it. They provide the essence I provide the rest and we both get one, problem solved.

Overall, nice job Domino.
  18. ARCHIVED-Ohiv Guest

I personally didn't do any instances today (well yesterday when the patch hit) but i did check the broker before the server came down and there were 6 chromatic essences already on the broker. Granted for an inane price of 51p but still my point is after 1 day we had 6 up there. Give it a month or so and the price of them will be close to 5gold give or take. I don't think there is a problem with the drop rate.
  19. ARCHIVED-SilkenKidden Guest

Artemiz@The Bazaar wrote:
    The exception of the two household items is the point as far as I'm concerned. Does having 100 more itmes in my house make my adventurers ridiculously overpowered for casual play? And yes, there is a problem for high level adventurers. I did expect that we would at least have a chance at killing the named MOBs. But you can't kill what isn't there.
    I object to the fact that I have to group and commit myself to four or five hours in order to possibly, not probably, but just slightly possibly loot this item from a named MOB. If this rare makes items suitable for high level adventurers, it should be reasonably obtainable by them.
    If this rare makes household items it should be reasonably obtainable by any player in the game. No, not free. Not in a LoN card, but obtainable. And I shouldn't have to wait three months for this to happen. If I should have to wait three months, the recipies should not be put out until the ingredients are available.
  20. ARCHIVED-Ohiv Guest

Did you check your broker? I mean if you want it NOW and you don't wanna do a non shared instance that would be a way to get it NOW and not wait? Like i posted earlier at the end of the day there were 6 of them on the broker, this surprized me i honestly didn't expect to see any. Now granted to ME the price is inane and i wouldn't pay that, but ehh it's one of choices that are available.
    Also I think there is a more then valid point about the house items versus the other items that a chromatic essence can make. For just looking at the house items it seems off that it takes an essense, looking at the other items it seems like a gift, well the charms atleast.