In Progress Chrol: Curses Still Happening in Solo Zones in AC

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Bhayar, Jan 29, 2020.

1. Argosunited Well-Known Member

I thought one of the reasons given for the change to patching, was they were going to test first. o_O
    Zynt and Whilhelmina like this.
  2. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Thought so too... I do already have the spell on my char so it might explain the absence on the NPC. Doesn't change the fact that the raid NPC isn't around anyway, so we didn't have the full patch. But hey, server just went down for a patch so we'll see!
    Zynt, Sigrdrifa and Argosunited like this.
  3. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

The text of one of the effects, Clinging Shadows, says it's a curse that must be removed to avoid destruction in Maiden's Eye solo. It's cast by Va Dyn Kar (the rock creature). I don't know exactly why but this creature completely drains power. I"ve tried to take screenshots of its effects but they all seem to be debuffs or damage. The only time this matters much is with my tank characters who are drained completely and end up auto attacking. The wiki says the power drain is after the knockback, which seems right, but there's no escaping it by jousting, I've tried. I just end up dizzy and powerless. :D

Also while testing jousting, the creature reset so I figure that's not the trick then.

Since I'm not sure if this is "a curse" or not, there's a thread here in case it isn't: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...idens-eye-solo-va-dyn-kar-power-drain.594091/