In Progress Chrol: Curses Still Happening in Solo Zones in AC

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Bhayar, Jan 29, 2020.

1. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Not just the curse tbh, the physical detrimentals that can't be cured are really bad too. I run 2 sets of chars through the solos on Test, conjuror/mystic (that one goes well because I chain-ward on the mystic in Sambata, nearly never in other zones) and necro/brigand (much harder even with auto-regen and the necro mass-heals from AE and the massive DPS output they have but I always die on a char once or twice). It's supposed to be SOLO. Solo doesn't mean get a healer there and hope for the best.
    But I do get curses there and in Maiden's eye. And it's a pain.
    Breanna, Zynt and Argosunited like this.
  2. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

Did solos yesterday. Can confirm. Curses still appear in Sambata zone.
    Argosunited likes this.
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I was killed by a trash mob inside the cave yesterday. The curse went on and I could do nothing about it.
  4. Kander Developer

After the hotfix on the 25th of February, if you see a curse in the solo zones, please list the exact name of the solo zone and the name of the spell that was a curse. Please wait until after the hotfix on 2/25/20.
  5. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Will those patches made it to Test on tonight's update?
    Breanna likes this.
  6. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

Can I just throw in a thank you <3 I know you don't really need it, Kander and Chrol, but (((hugs))) anyway. You're making my favorite playground/spa-for-the-mind better.
  7. Avithax Well-Known Member

The curses are still happening however all but one of them have zero effect on gameplay. The Scezhwan one (or however ya spell it) can be merc cured or cured with a potion. I think the effect is mislabeled as a curse when it's actually a detriment. I run these solos 3 times a day and with the exception of the last named in Maiden's I never see a curse on my toon.
  8. Argosunited Well-Known Member

I get insta killed by trash by curse. Not every time, but always in Village.

I don't die every time I get curse though, I get the curse icon but I haven't checked log files for the name of the spell or whatnot.
    Wulfgyr likes this.
  9. Zynt Feldon's sock puppet

Yep, in Village. It's trash 1 shotting me. I can run it 9 times no problem and then the 10th I'll get 1 shot at least once. Those are completely arbitrary numbers.
    Breanna likes this.
  10. olleran Active Member

Sambata Village ( solo )
    Detriment / curse Vicious Cut
  11. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

I ran Sambata Village (solo) today and purposely rand around like Leeroy then stood there waiting for the wolves to kill me. They seem fixed. I had no issues. Even Trunk was well behaved and I didn't need to use a signet to unstun myself (though he still stuns, he doesn't also have his wolves kill you while you stand there, and he now takes auto attack damage, or maybe it was ticks of spells, while you're stunned. So I'm not having an issue with this zone anymore. I did all the achievements I can do though so I'm in a good place resolve wise. If I was in the sig quest, I dont' know. I have alts though, who will inevitably attempt it again, with less resolve.

However, an old zone, Plane of Innovation: Gears in the Machine (solo), has at least one curse, Toa the Shiny. Even in mixed-matched gear it wasn't a problem, but I did have some leftover expert gear that this alt was wearing from PoP, so my experience may not match a new player's. I had on about 5 pieces of expert scout gear with 24 - 29 resolve. Most people will have all 15's or 16s.

Not sure if the standardization will reach back that far. If I see other curses, I'll say so. There are some severe power drains but since auto attack is good, it's not bothersome.
  12. Argosunited Well-Known Member

I don't kill many trash mobs, it's a super fast zone for my necro.
    It's just annoying being insta-killed by something we can't cure solo.

It's meant to be fixed with the update tonight, so I guess we'll see how it goes tomorrow.
  13. Zynt Feldon's sock puppet

Still not fixed. Just got hit with a 1 shot curse by the 2nd group of trash mobs in Sambata Village Solo.
  14. Zynt Feldon's sock puppet

I kill em for status drops but I only kill the ones along the way. Normally I would just pull them all and AE them down but with the 1 shot curse I pull a group at a time. Also, you're going to have to kill at least 3-4 groups, more depending on where the shineys end up. You've got the group right next to the Wolf boss, the group right next to the guard, the group right next to Gruunk, you have 3 groups and a wanderer in the cave before you go to the last boss. They can be avoided but that mob tosses you around a bit and you're going to end up having 1 or more at times, then there's a group right next to the twins. Wanderers mixed in here and there. Most times the shineys end up in the middle of a group a well.

Edit - Actually there are 2 groups in the caves that there's no way to avoid, one upon entering, one with Gruunk. Then 3 more that are hit or miss depending on how the fight goes with the boss before going outside.

Slayer achievements, shineys, status drops, not wanting to sneak around mobs that I completely overpower except for 1 shot curses which have already been noted as shouldn't be in the zone.
    Semperfifofum likes this.
  15. Chrol Developer

Should be going out with the next hotfix in a couple weeks.
    Semperfifofum likes this.
  16. Argosunited Well-Known Member

Should be? ...
    Zynt and Chrol like this.
  17. Zynt Feldon's sock puppet

I'm literally loling.
    Argosunited likes this.
  18. Argosunited Well-Known Member

I'm here just trifling!
    Zynt likes this.
  19. Zynt Feldon's sock puppet

About as trifling is them 1 shotting Tegis and Sambatas.
    Argosunited likes this.
  20. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Well, at least now I have the answer to my question from last Friday (aka just after Kander said to wait for the 25th to post here) :rolleyes:
    Question was:
    Well, they didn't... (especially since we're once more one patch behind live, there's no Epic 2.0 spell for sale here)
    Zynt likes this.