Chorus of Night?

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Sowy, Feb 6, 2018.

1. Sowy Active Member

I'm a Ranger.

I can't for the life of me see the effect "Increases the update count of all combat arts by 1" on any of my dots at all. In fact, if I use this adornment my dots actually take longer to do their damage and receive no additional ticks. Am I missing something here?
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

Nope, it's busted.
  3. Leed Active Member

When/if they fix it - what exactly would 'update count of all combat arts by 1' mean? Would that mean all DoTs do their damage faster or something else?
  4. Mermut Well-Known Member

In the past, it's meant you get an extra tick to your dots, but the duration doesn't change. So if you got 3 tics in 10 secs, you'd get 4 tics in the same 10 seconds.
    What they intend the adorns to do? *small shrug* we don't know.
  5. Scalo Active Member

Its broken, unless I get the description wrong.
    So the damage will remain the same, just take longer.
    It still has some uses for buffs and debuffs, for the duration, but 5% is meh.

Does anyone have experience with the other similar rune intended for spells? Is it bugged all the same? Does it affect ascensions?
  6. Mermut Well-Known Member

From what I've heard, it's bugged (or working?) the same way.
  7. Arieva Well-Known Member

The spell counterpart rune seems to have zero effect on ascensions. A post elsewhere on forums states it is bugged as well as far as "update count" but where my spells are having their duration and range bumped up the ascensions show no corresponding bump so dont bother taking it over a spell heavy class.
  8. Arieva Well-Known Member

have either of these runes been fixed..or is there any plans to do so?