Chorus of Night and Rune: Symphony of the Void

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Tomshindo, Mar 27, 2018.

1. Tomshindo Active Member

They still don't work after the fix, only affects the duration and ranges. In other words, nothing has changed.
  2. Jarek New Member

3. Karsa Active Member

#$%!
    Even in the future
    nothing works
    !!! :p
  4. Sounson Active Member

Bump! Where are the devs at, did you change anything? You guys made it sound like you had the problem figure out with the talk about 1% instead of 1 tick or something, but clearly nothing changed.
  5. Arieva Well-Known Member

Got one guy in discord saying its working (mostly) and a couple here saying it doesnt. Has anyone actually tested it the right way yet? Ie not on a dummy. Ill have a look at mine tonight but have not had time yet
  6. Tomshindo Active Member

I understand these runes as they increase the increment of the some spells/ CAs such as Boneshattering Combination, World Ablaze, and Solid Charge of Wizards. Am I correct ? And as far as I check out during the combat, nothing has changed since the latest update , including hitting a dummy.
  7. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Tested Chorus of the Night (CA increaser) on my monk;

Rising Dragon ticks with = 10
    Rising Dragon ticks without = 10

Erosion ticks with = 12
    Erosion ticks without = 12

Dragonfire = No Change with or without.

Test on KA Expert raid mobs, so mobs were up long enough to get info, and no SDA avoidance.

It 'may' be these CA's are classed as spells, as they can SDA. But they are listed under Combat Arts in my knowledge book.
  8. Sounson Active Member

I have both the chorus and symphony runes, and the number of ticks on both spells and CAs did not increase. Just duration and range (unless it was a blue AE then no range increase at all)
  9. Entropy Well-Known Member

There is a +ticks cap. Double base ticks. The "hits instantly" (first part) doesn't count as a base tick.
  10. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Not sure ticks cap is an issue for non Mages, and even then I’d suspect only necros
  11. Entropy Well-Known Member

Well, the rune definitely works for me, right up to where I hit ticks cap for my stuff.
  12. Sounson Active Member

Dragonfire ticks at 0.6secs with or without the rune. Hiwever, if I get UT it drops to 0.5 soooooooo....
  13. Tomshindo Active Member

Without a rune
    1. Dragonfire ...13 ticks ( 8 sec , every 0.6 sec )
    2. Rising Dragon ...6 ticks ( 15 sec, every 2.3 sec )

With a rune
    1. Dragonfire ...14 ticks ( 8.4 sec, every 0.6 sec )
    2. Rising Dragon ...7 ticks ( 15.2 sec, every 2.1 sec )

I understood it as it increased duration and update count so that it may increase more than 1 tick.
    But now I understand that it increases one tick by extending the duration of the spells.
    So it seems that I misunderstood about how it works. I'm sorry my fault.
  14. Karsa Active Member

Does the spell version work on Ascension abilities?
  15. Arieva Well-Known Member

No..no effect at all on ascensions.