Choosing a fighter for level 70

Discussion in 'General Fighter Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-ElsaRat, Sep 18, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-ElsaRat Guest

I currently play a swashbuckler in a progression guild locked at level 70 and enjoy it immensely. I'm thinking of making a fighter alt and leveling it to 70, just to have one when a few people are on and want to group and no people who play tanks regularly happen to be on. I'm trying to choose the best for this situation. I don't care how the tank solos or raids; once leveled, this toon would be used entirely for grouping heroic content. While I'd get the toon a full complement of experts, and decent AA (I like to take some time leveling a class getting a feel for it), it would not receive the care and equipment my main does. It should be flexible, as I intend to have it for random grouping, so may not always have an ideal setup. I'm thinking that a paladin might be the best choice for flexibility; if we don't have a character with a hate transfer, a paladin can use amends, and if there's only one healer in a zone where two would really be ideal, the paladin can help a little with that. The paladin seems to have both good survivability and agro-generation, which are the two main tools I think I'd need (I'm not worried about dps, except as it's necessary for generating agro).
  2. ARCHIVED-Rahatmattata Guest

Shadowknight, berserker, paladin. Either one is fine.