Cherry on Top Ice Cream Shoppe

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Cheribomb, Jul 18, 2018.

1. Cheribomb Well-Known Member

Antonia Bayle - South Qeynos - Ethernere Enclave - Dawnstriker

Welcome to Cherry on Top Ice Cream Shoppe! The shoppe features many flavors of homemade ice cream, gelato and ice cream floats. All of the ice cream is made from the cows on the property in the dairy farm production unit barn and gift shop. Take a break, grab the kids and treat yourself a scoop or two of Norrath's finest! You can even take a hay ride with the halfling! We hope you enjoy your visit! Have a moo-rific day!

Note: I've been wanting to do this theme for years and wasn't sure if I could pull off the ice cream top of the building. Last weekend I rolled up my sleeves and broke ground for construction. It's been a long time since I've done a whimsical design like The Shoe House and Teapot Town and this was super fun!

And this concludes all my ideas for designing in this game. Lol. Enjoy!

Can't tour on AB? View more pics and the inspiration behind this design on my website.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    SierraDawn, Kenana, Finora and 2 others like this.
  2. Breanna Well-Known Member

OMG that is so awesome. Some of you people make me so jealous, I love to decorate but don't have near the imagination some of you have. Now I'm going to go have some ice cream. LOL Very creative looks fabulous.
    Kenana and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

If it's any consolation, I can't seem to be able to do anything like a "normal" house all that well, at least on the inside...if I don't have a theme, a story line, something to "hang stuff from an outline" on, I'm doomed. I get so inspired by places like these (you should see her other prestige lands! Magnificent! :D), where you can make all sorts of new things from just about anything, but none of my "normal" attempts would ever make House Beautiful, like others on this Forum would. :)

Uwk
    Kenana and Breanna like this.
  4. blackjack Well-Known Member

Wow I dig this. Nicely done, love that ice cream roof.

I believe everyone has their own flavour of genius, friends. :)
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Absolutely! :D

Uwk
    Kenana likes this.
  6. Lera Well-Known Member

Love it! Is the ice cream roof those smooshed cakes?
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Looks like! :D

Uwk
    Kenana and Cheribomb like this.
  8. Febrith Well-Known Member

Wow, gorgeous and tasty! I went to visit today and loved it:)

9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Oh, Feb, you're a woman after my own heart...I don't like dough, or pie crust, or any of that added stuff in my ice cream, either. Chunks of fruit or chocolate, sure, but if I want apple pie (for instance) with my ice cream, I'll have it separately, thanks. ;->

I hadn't visited yet, but after seeing all the other stuff going on there (not all the IMGs came through on my sluggish old beast here), I'll definitely put this on my list after seeing your vid! :D

Oh, and around 6:30: having a scoop or two of ice cream in your beer, juice, pop drink, etc. is a "float." Depending on what the drink itself is, it could be a "brown cow" (ice cream with Coca-Cola or Pepsi or even /shudder chocolate soda X-/); a "purple cow" (grape soda or grape juice); "orange cow" or "creamsicle" (back when they made 50/50 Bars [usually orange juice or orange-flavored/dyed ice with an inner core of vanilla ice cream], Creamsicles [ditto, but with more ice flavor options], and Popsicles using real sugar and not that awful, gooey, not-freezing-properly High Fructose Corn Syrup garbage), using orange pop or orange juice; etc.

I'd always thought that red barns with white trim were something we got from Britain, since it seems to have mostly started back East in the U.S. and then spread to the West, but I found an interesting page on the history of it all:

https://hometipsforwomen.com/barn-red-white-trim-and-green

Fascinating! :)

Uwk
    Kenana, Febrith and Cheribomb like this.
  10. Breanna Well-Known Member

Ice Cream and Coffee YUM!!!!!
  11. Cheribomb Well-Known Member

I just loved seeing your reaction. Thank you so much for doing the tour!
  12. Cheribomb Well-Known Member

Yep the cursed wedding cake.
  13. Febrith Well-Known Member

That's it - ice cream float - sometimes I know what I want to say but I flail about and it just won't come lol.
  14. Febrith Well-Known Member

You're welcome - it's so inspiring, oh and also ..."And this concludes all my ideas for designing in this game" - say it ain't so! Something else will surely strike you some time and I hope I'm still around when it does /hugs
  15. Aneylee Well-Known Member

WOW Absolutely amazing!!!!!!
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

For my money, the best way to make them is ice cream first, then liquid, since you never know what the displacement factors might be...and the star of the show is usually the ice cream anyway. :D

And I know the feeling about mental train derailments, believe me! It's probably why I haven't done any vids yet... :-/

To all those who do, I salute your bravery! :)

Uwk
    Kenana, Breanna and Febrith like this.
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

When I was a kid, my parents (both being teachers) had pretty much the same vacations I did, so we drove all over the States, just about everywhere on the continent but the Northeastern corner. Back then, out in the country alongside the highway, they still had "novelty motels": places that looked like teepees, or upended cars (the town of Radiator Springs in "Cars" wasn't that far-fetched), or dinosaurs, or whatever the proprietors thought would work to draw in customers. If they could come up with those sorts of things in the 50s (or whenever they started), I have no doubt Cheri can come up with way more cool ideas! :D

Uwk
    Kenana, Breanna and Febrith like this.