Cheribomb's Design Portal Maj'Dul

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Cheribomb, Nov 3, 2016.

1. Cheribomb Well-Known Member

Maj'Dul - South Qeynos - Everfrost Portal - Cheribomb

I recently leveled up my Carp on Maj'Dul and therefore needed a design portal to get organized. I almost fell off my couch when I saw The Cortez Hotel in American Horror Story Hotel last week and knew right away I had to do an Art Deco design. I have fiddled with the Art Deco look in the game but just couldn't seem to get it right and after seeing the hotel, it all came together. So, I decided to use it for my design portal and go for a hotel/guild hall type look. It's also my crafting hall. The crafting tables are flipped upside down under the letter "C" in the center floor design. I tried to make the "C" for Cheribomb to look like a font used in Art Deco lettering. Anyway - screenies below. It's newly published under Large homes on Maj'Dul. Enjoy!

Can't tour on Maj'Dul? View more pics on my website.

View from Entrance
    [IMG]

Center room and crafting
    [IMG]

[IMG]

View of far end design
    [IMG]

View of front entry
    [IMG]

Center room house portals and seating
    [IMG]

Center room house portals and fireplace
    [IMG]

[IMG]

Close up of center chandelier
    [IMG]

Close up of door portals

[IMG]

The letter C in Art Deco font that I used for reference

[IMG]
  2. Febrith Well-Known Member

Wow - drop dead gorgeous <3
  3. Niboota Well-Known Member

This looks awesome!! And I love Art Deco! Which home did you build this in? Everfrost Summer Home! I just saw the door! ;)
  4. Cheribomb Well-Known Member

Yayy! It's also in giant letters at the top of my post, lol!
  5. Katz Well-Known Member

Absolutely beautiful!
  6. Niboota Well-Known Member

ROTFL! Of course it is! I don't just miss things in videos! :p
  7. Cheribomb Well-Known Member

Oh booty, you are adorable! Yes, I've nicknamed you booty. I hope you don't mind :)
  8. Niboota Well-Known Member

LOL not a bit! ;)
  9. Merriel Well-Known Member

Wow, this place looks absolutely amazing! Awesome job, Cheribomb!
  10. Mystyrys Well-Known Member

Oh. Mygosh! Sooo beautiful! I am speechless.
  11. Gretel Well-Known Member

Stunning! I am always amazed at the creative ways all the wonderful decorators here use items for their designs. I never would have imagined using those screens that way, and they work so, so well. Kudos!
  12. kianne Well-Known Member

ive visitied this place last night b4 i went to bed and i must say this is stunning most defo feels like the 1920/30 feel to it i love it very much so clean and crisp, elegant and i could see people doing the Charleston in here with wine glasses and one of them lady singers with a 40 piece bandstand type thing.... come to think of i could see the mask in here dancing... :D loved it.. <3
  13. Cheribomb Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone! So glad when people like a design otherwise I'd just be decorating by and for myself which isn't as fun as sharing with y'all.
  14. Geden Well-Known Member

Looove your teak and Paineel combo! The "C" is very stylish, and fits harmoniously with the rest of the zone. Looking at pictures it was easy to forget it was Everfrost Summer Home :).
  15. Ethini Well-Known Member

Wow! Words! I have words! lol Stunningly beautiful, I love all things deco and roaring 20s, it was an awesome era for interior design (and outrageous extravagance). Well executed.
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Oh, absolutely. Really warmed the place up, pardon the expression, with just the shade of the woods used, as well as the "glass skylight," etc. :)

Uwk
    Ocarinah and Geden like this.
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Have you seen this... ;->

(I apologize in advance; I thought it was funny as all get out, and it's from our own Gninja...and as often as we usually see our toons from that vantage point, it probably isn't too offensive :D)

Uwk
    Gretel and Ethini like this.
  18. Ethini Well-Known Member

My monitor is now covered it coffee. I have tears streaming, that was so funny.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

LOL! Sorry! :D

The juxtaposition of the scenes and lyrics were spot-on priceless sometimes, yeah. ;->

Uwk
    Gretel likes this.
  20. Enoibia Well-Known Member

I just popped in here for a first-hand look around. Wow! So different and beautiful.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.