Chelsith(heroic) Overseer Kisiz

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Mohee, Nov 23, 2012.

1. Mohee Active Member

Anyone know the trick to this guy in the Heroic version? We tried many, many things, but he casts a spell called Undertow quite often, and it hits for 400k damage, can't be interrupted. Tried many things and nothing seemed to work. There are only so many death saves we can do, he casts it far to often to just deathsave through it. Tried killing the adds, tried mezzing the adds, pulling the named away from the adds, constantly moving the named, not moving the named. He just casts Undertow about every 10-15 seconds and 1 shots his target for 400k+ damage. lol

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)
  2. Cx_morningstar Member

Is that the one with the pillars of stone around him in the cave? or am I thinking of a different one?
  3. Mohee Active Member

no, this is the 2nd boss. the one that you spawn by using the corrosive stuff on the coffin.
  4. Drogerin New Member

We found it easy to just keep the tank backpeddling and when he casts undertow to just keep moving in front of boss, it seemed like a frontal joust but not very far, if you were behind him you do take the nox but it can easily be cured. We did down him after trying other strategies pretty quickly this way. We ignored adds.
  5. Mohee Active Member

Thanks for the info Drogerin. We tried this ( running in a big circle constantly around where he spawns) trying to always keep him moving, and the tank at a max range from him, but it didn't seem to help. The tank noted that even at 20+ meters away , undertow was still hitting him. There was even a time we had the named rooted, and the tank was really far away and still got hit by it,

Any other suggestions or anyone know the exact strat to avoid undertow?
  6. Wurm Well-Known Member

I bow pulled him and he cast it on the pull, but we bard blocked it and afterwards he didn't try to cast it again, maybe we got lucky but it might be worth a shot for you as well.
  7. Lettles New Member

We tried a few methods.
    The only method that worked for us was having the coercer constantly interrupt and stun. Even then we had random 400k hits that would 1 shot the tank and usually another person.

This fight seems completely random and we can't figure out how to do it without getting one-shotted at least once.

Does anyone know what to do?
  8. Phia Member

Couldn't figure it out. Maybe you can permanently block it with stifles but our group make up didn't have that option. We stoneskin and death prevented the first 4 of them but after that we had no more tricks. He casts it way too often to use this method. My guess is you're supposed to keep him permanently stunned/stifled, or it's bugged in some way (like there's supposed to be some way there of clicking/blocking/disabling that attack).
  9. Lettles New Member

I can't get any straight answers on level chat either. The only time we beat it was by pure luck and just rezzing as fast as we could.
  10. Estred Well-Known Member

Most AE's you can see on a mobs cast bar, have your group stand at range (scouts joust) your tank needs to stoneskin the AE honestly this guy is semi-close to most Raidbosses now in the fact that the tank has to prevent their own death.
  11. Mermut Well-Known Member

Cure quickly is what worked for my group.