Checklist for New 110s - September 2019

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Swansong, Sep 22, 2019.

1. Swansong New Member

Made this when I leveled an alt to 110 and had to think through everything I had done over time on my main. I've asked a lot of folks for feedback on this so hopefully it will be a help to the new 110s who don't know how to get up to speed to run T1s & T2s and events, etc.

FIND A MENTOR FOR YOUR CLASS - ESPECIALLY IF YOU TANK OR HEAL

USE A CUSTOMIZED AA BUILD: EQ2U website lets you download builds of more experienced players and save them on your character. Fast & Easy! If your damage or health are too low or you die a lot, get help modifying a build to match your current gear and skills.

LEVEL ALL SPELLS/COMBAT ARTS TO EXPERT OR HIGHER: This can be really pricey so farm the mats and craft your own or ask a friend to do it for you.

CRAFTING/TRANSMUTING/ADORNING to 110 - Complete “Stitch in Time” quests. It gets you the Tome of the Ascended Charm and other adorns. (Those can also be commissioned.)

MONEY: You will need a LOT of plat. At bare minimum, buy a Krono from Daybreak and sell it for 2.6 mil plat.

DEITY PET - Get the deity pet and altar if you haven’t yet. They don’t take long and it gives you bonuses and unique spells.

PRIORITIZE SIGNATURE QUEST LINE COMPLETION - Elements of Destruction (Myrist) from Maelyn Starpyre

COMPLETE “The Travels" of Yun Zi” TIMELINE in Sundered Frontier - Exploration, significant rewards

IMPORTANT DAILY QUESTS:
    PUBLIC QUEST - Every 3 hours in Myrist, do at least once per day.
    DAILY CRAFTING QUEST - Myrist
    FAMILIARS WILD - Qeynos/Freeport

WEEKLY QUESTS:
    “Dramatis Personae” Myrist from a Planar Chronicle
    Farm Old Raids for RED Adornments and STATUS

OVERLAND PQ BOSSES: If you don’t have a mount with resolve, you should complete the achievement for killing Myrist overland PQ bosses and buy the 50 resolve mount from the Celestial Vendor with tremiss, status and plat.

GEAR UPGRADES: Archivist Set (Free in Myrist Library) - comes w/ adornments
    Mastercrafted “Academic’s”
    Myrist Quest Rewards (Signature Line: Elements of Destruction)
    Astral Gloom Hardened gear - 1 major piece, 2 lesser pieces. Astral Gloom
    Hardened Medallions (Merchant 2nd Floor North in Myrist)
    Offhand Item - Elem of Destruction questline, Upgrade fr Tremiss Merchant

MISC. HANDY OBJECTS:Overclocked Mana Stones (tinkered)
    Call of the Tinkerer (tinkered)
    Repair Bot (requires Tinkering 350)

RESOLVE:Resolve is your most important gear stat now. (Until you're at least 2k)
    T1/Experts require 1625 resolve
    T2/Experts require 1910 resolve

If your Resolve is below that of the mob, you will do less damage to mob and it will do more damage to you. (e.g. if you are 10 points -- not percent -- below mob, you will do 10% less damage to mob and it will do 10% more damage to you. Therefore if you are 100 points below mob, you will do NO damage and it will beat you to a pulp).

STAT GOALS: Early stat goals are 4K crit bonus, 130 mil health, >70K Potency

Mitigation >20K
    Block Chance 120%+ (fighters)
    Potency Max it out (>50K at least. 100K ideal)
    Crit Bonus 4K
    Fervor - Max it out (the Epic 2.0 weapon gives +25 & Crafted Tome of the Planes gives +10) Fervor)
    Ability Modifier: >1,500,000 [this is a great source stat for reforging]
    Hate Mod: 200% (Tank) / -50% (Non-Tank) [at least 100% (Tank) / -15% (Non-Tank)]
    Reuse Speed: 260%
    Recovery Speed: 100%
    Casting Speed: 160 to 1100 (depending on your doublecast. Extra speed rolls into doublecast. If doublecast is maxed, you only need about 160 casting speed.)
    Spell Doublecast: 120%+ (Get these stats from Cloak & Belt)

If you are wanting to raise your doublecast chance, you can add the following adornments to your shoulders, hands and neck:

Proven Adornment of Extra Attacks [IV] (from hands in Library chest):
    Celestial Adornment of Extra Attacks:

You can also equip "Stormwrought Stew" (level 110 crafted):
    - Increases All Attributes of target by 3.6%
    - Increases Spell Doublecast of target by 7.5%
    - Increases Crit Chance of target by 75.0
    - Increases Health Regen of target by 370.4

Auto attack Stats: Importance varies by class, some rely more on auto attack
    DPS: 600 - 1000
    Haste: 200
    Multi Attack: 120
    AE Autoattack: 100
    Strikethrough: 100
    Accuracy: 100
    Flurry: 200

GROUPING - If you join groups without knowing your class and your role, or are under-geared, forged wrong, etc. you will get a reputation and people will stop grouping with you. Just be honest and do not misrepresent your readiness and resolve. Not only does it make you look bad, it makes your guild look bad, too.

ACT or ADVANCED COMBAT TRACKER: This addon is a must have for running with groups, especially if you are the tank.

And download the EQ2 parsing plugin too

Ask around for the TRIGGERS that you should add to ACT.

Be sure to put ADORNMENTS in your gear. You can get a free set to start off in the Archivist gear. Better adorns can be picked up after doing the Panda Summer quests, and from the Ragebourne Vendor in Kael.
    Saints, Feldon, Carynn and 5 others like this.
  2. Sollemne New Member

Thank you so much for this. I'm going to be referring back to it often as I rebuild my character. I have been away from the game a long time and had no idea where to start.
    Seefar, Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  3. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

I would like to offer my experience with players who share this mentality.

Player A: 2100 resolve best gear plat / krono can buy. 74k potency, 3.5k CB. Woeful DPS in comparison to the amount of gear and kronos invested.

Player B: 1960 resolve. Fully Infused gear. 100k pot. 5k CB. Tops parse.

Resolve is a key number that essentially "lets you in the door", it is by far, NOT the most important number.
    You could have 9000000 resolve with still only 75k pot and 3.5k CB - and be superterribad in 100 percent of the zones outside of solo.

Meeting the resolve requirement for the zone will prevent you from being penalized - both in the damage you take, and the damage you give. Be aware of what's required, and be sure to meet or exceed it for the zone you're in. To call resolve "the most important number" spreads this diseased mentality and promotes players chasing Max resolve as the litmus test for their uberness - versus learning all the other mechanics that truly are more important.
    Seefar, Cyrrena, Juraiya and 7 others like this.
  4. Swansong New Member

I absolutely agree. I really think one of the biggest problems with people in a rush to get into the Heroics is that they ONLY focus on their resolve. They need to get their adorns done, and they need to infuse their gear and reforge it. Resolve makes you half baked which is why I put everything else in this checklist too and not just "get your resolve up."
    Cyrrena and Zeddicious like this.
  5. Swansong New Member

Maybe I can rephrase that somehow, so that people know to pick the item with higher resolve, but if they're close then pick the one with better stats.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  6. Kyia New Member

Thank you Swansong. This is wonderful information. I really appreciate you taking the time to share your insight!
    Cyrrena and Swansong like this.
  7. Kittybock Well-Known Member

Agree 100 on Resolve vs. effectiveness!

Some tips I'd add to the list:

Get harvesting! There are multiple methods to increase rare harvest chance. You will need rares to make consumables, such as the various potions. Many of the Elysian and Mischievous potions this expac can be created by Artisan, they are not specific to a class.

Fully infused gear: This means plat/ Deity infused AND Physical infusions. Physical infusions can be drops from zones or player made. The Mastercrafted ones are my fave by far.

Temporary adorns: ie. Maintained Machined Insight for gear. Versions exist for Crit Bonus, Health, etc.
    There are some super solid potions this expac, ie. Elixir of Intellect for extra potency.
    Good food: Judicator's Taftan, Justice Smoothie

Seefar, Blazen, Breanna and 1 other person like this.
  8. Carynn Well-Known Member

This makes me cry, the idea (close to fact) that you have to spend RL cash to catch up/play. Yes, there are well outlined ways to make the plat in game over a four-six month period of time, but that people are constantly posting to buy something for RL cash in these summaries is sad.

I like the post, though. It's a very good summation of current game needs.
    Seefar, Rosyposy and Juraiya like this.
  9. Swansong New Member

I came back to the game after a 4 year break. I had a bunch of high level toons with low harvesting and crafting skills. Everything I wrote here was hard gained knowledge I didn't have until my 5th 110. (Not complaining, just sharing my experience.) Not one of my toons had ever made more than 500 plat. The economy is grossly inflated at this point but I think people CAN work around it. I just decided a kronos was cheaper than my time, and it allowed me to get into the economy and start crafting, etc.

I believe the way most people make money in the game is selling mercs, selling crafted items, and selling rare harvests.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  10. Swansong New Member

Oh hey btw - where can I get a signature made? Every lead I followed was a dead end.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  11. Swansong New Member

Did you see my reply?
    I'll accept suggestions for the simplest way to rephrase this. :)

I will see if I can add these. I have a table with info on adorns but was too lazy to figure out how to post it. I guess I should figure it out.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  12. Swansong New Member

Work in Progress

Checklist for New 110s - September 24, 2019

FIND A MENTOR FOR YOUR CLASS - ESPECIALLY IF YOU TANK OR HEAL - I am not kidding. This checklist will help you but finding an expert in your class is so important.

USE A CUSTOMIZED AA BUILD: EQ2U website lets you download builds of more experienced players and save them on your character. Fast & Easy! If your damage or health are too low or you die a lot, get help modifying a build to match your current gear and skills.

LEVEL ALL SPELLS/COMBAT ARTS TO EXPERT OR HIGHER: This can be really pricey so farm the mats and craft your own or ask a friend to do it for you.

CRAFTING/TRANSMUTING/ADORNING to 110 - Complete “Stitch in Time” quests. It gets you the Tome of the Ascended Charm and other adorns. (Those can also be commissioned.) Get HARVESTING! There are multiple methods to increase rare harvest chance. You will need rares to make consumables, such as the various potions. Many of the Elysian and Mischievous potions this expac can be created by Artisan, they are not specific to a class.

MONEY: You will need a LOT of plat. At bare minimum, buy a Krono from Daybreak and sell it for 2.6 mil plat. (You can also gather rares and sell them for a pretty platinum.)

DEITY PET - Get the deity pet and altar if you haven’t yet. They don’t take long and it gives you bonuses and unique spells.

PRIORITIZE SIGNATURE QUEST LINE COMPLETION - Elements of Destruction (Myrist) from Maelyn Starpyre

COMPLETE “The Travels" of Yun Zi” TIMELINE in Sundered Frontier - Exploration, significant rewards! Especially 2019.

IMPORTANT DAILY QUESTS:
    PUBLIC QUEST - Every 3 hours in Myrist, do at least once per day.
    DAILY CRAFTING QUEST - Myrist
    FAMILIARS WILD - Qeynos/Freeport

WEEKLY QUESTS:
    “Dramatis Personae” Myrist from a Planar Chronicle Gives Status, mount & gear drops
    Farm Old Raids for RED Adornments and STATUS

GEAR UPGRADES:

ARCHIVIST SET (Free in Myrist Library) - comes w/ adornments, most items 45 resolve
    MASTERCRAFTED “Academic’s” (on broker) - 60 resolve per piece
    MYRIST SIGNATURE LINE: Elements of Destruction - Gets your offhand weapon and 2 epic spells
    STATUS/TREMISS VENDORS: Mostly 60 resolve items, most important is UPGRADED offhand weapon. 850 Tremiss for most and 2 mil status. 2nd floor North Merchants in Myrist Library
    ASTRAL GLOOM-HARDENED GEAR - 1 major piece, 2 lesser pieces. Astral Gloom Hardened
    MOUNT - There’s a few mounts with resolve. If you bought the basic Chaos Descending expansion then you will need to kill Myrist overland PQ bosses to unlock it from the status vendor. It has 50 resolve. (Buying the half price update at $24 - though it says $44 - is so worth it, in my opinion.)

CHELSITH SOLO TIMELINE 7 CRAFTING TIMELINE - This is a limited time even that offers a lot of 90 resolve gear. If you can’t afford MC gear then run that ASAP. The other stats on those items are so-so but once they’re plat infused, they’re good.

RESOLVE:Resolve is the stat that determines whether or not you should set foot in any of the instances and heroics, etc. in Chaos Descending. Think of it as your “ticket to ride.” If your Resolve is below that of the mob, you will do less damage to mob and it will do more damage to you. (e.g. if you are 10 points -- not percent -- below mob, you will do 10% less damage to mob and it will do 10% more damage to you. Therefore if you are 100 points below mob, you will do NO damage and it will beat you to a pulp).

T1/Experts require 1625 resolve
    T2/Experts require 1910 resolve

That being said - the biggest mistake people are making is thinking that resolve is the ONLY thing that matters. You need to improve the gear by “plat infusing” and other infusers. It’s on your deity tab.

STAT GOALS: Early stat goals are 4K crit bonus, 130 mil health, >70K Potency

Mitigation >20K
    Block Chance 120%+ (fighters)
    Potency Max it out (>50K at least. 100K ideal)
    Crit Bonus 4K
    Fervor - Max it out (the Epic 2.0 weapon gives +25 & Crafted Tome of the Planes gives +10) Fervor)
    Ability Modifier: >1,500,000 [this is a great source stat for reforging]
    Hate Mod: 200% (Tank) / -50% (Non-Tank) [at least 100% (Tank) / -15% (Non-Tank)]
    Reuse Speed: 260%
    Recovery Speed: 100%
    Casting Speed: 160 to 1100 (depending on your doublecast. Extra speed rolls into doublecast. If doublecast is maxed, you only need about 160 casting speed.)
    Spell Doublecast: 120%+ (Get these stats from Cloak & Belt)

If you are wanting to raise your doublecast chance, you can add the following adornments to your shoulders, hands and neck:

Proven Adornment of Extra Attacks [IV] (from hands in Library chest):
    Celestial Adornment of Extra Attacks:

You can also equip "Stormwrought Stew" (level 110 crafted):
    - Increases All Attributes of target by 3.6%
    - Increases Spell Doublecast of target by 7.5%
    - Increases Crit Chance of target by 75.0
    - Increases Health Regen of target by 370.4

Auto attack Stats: Importance varies by class, some rely more on auto attack
    DPS: 600 - 1000
    Haste: 200
    Multi Attack: 120
    AE Autoattack: 100
    Strikethrough: 100
    Accuracy: 100
    Flurry: 200

MISC. HANDY OBJECTS:Overclocked Mana Stones (tinkered)
    Call of the Tinkerer (tinkered)
    Repair Bot (requires Tinkering 350)

Temporary adorns: ie. Maintained Machined Insight for gear. Versions exist for Crit Bonus, Health, etc.
    There are some super solid potions this expac, ie. Elixir of Intellect for extra potency.
    Good food: Judicator's Taftan, Justice Smoothie

GROUPING - If you join groups without knowing your class and your role, or are under-geared, forged wrong, etc. you will get a reputation and people will stop grouping with you. Just be honest and do not misrepresent your readiness and resolve. Not only does it make you look bad, it makes your guild look bad, too.

ACT or ADVANCED COMBAT TRACKER: This addon is a must have for running with groups, especially if you are the tank.

And download the EQ2 parsing plugin too

Ask around for the TRIGGERS that you should add to ACT.

13. Swansong New Member

ADORNMENT GUIDE
    (I am double checking errors, will edit or repost if I catch them.)

[IMG]
    [IMG]

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    Cyrrena likes this.
  14. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

An interesting insight, Thank you.
    Not that knowing suggested numbers/stats will ever HELP in attaining them.
    Also, a subtle bit of clarification regarding stats/reforging.
    (will edit within body of quote)

Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  15. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Feldon has a link on EQ2U to get a sig made.
    Kittybock and Breanna like this.
  16. Feldon Well-Known Member

Can you please link the places where you looked so I can fix them? Thanks! Can send a PM if you don't want to derail your fantastic thread.
    Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  17. Melt Actually plays the game

An edit I would make to the adornment guide is to have 2 of both panda white sets. You can get the ability mod from both sections by wearing enough for the bonus of both sets.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  18. Ragna Well-Known Member

While that's something to keep in mind for later, it's probably not a good advice for new - non-twinked - lvl 110 (might depends on classes tough). You lose 700+ Pot. and a little fervor (1170+ Pot/5 fervor+overcap in 4 weeks when the new Tol'Ren's are unlocked) for 150K ab. mod. (250K in two weeks) and 50ish CB. It's nice when you're geared not so much when your mount isn't leveled with Pot in barding slots, you don't have a season 6 Fabled or better familliar etc. In short, until you have enough Pot. at least 3 Tol Ren adorns of the same level is the best.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  19. Swansong New Member

I tried to make a lot of this about attaining things, but some of it was more like what is expected of you before you get in groups - unless you are ok with people deciding you need a lecture on how not to suck and then kicking you out of the group.

Thank you for the feedback on reforging. It's definitely one of the things I was less certain about but everyone who checked the numbers seemed to be ok with them. By any chance do you have specific links from EQ2 that say that? I know that when I hover over stats it does say "hey this is 12% wasted," if that's what you meant. But if there is more detailed information I would be willing to check it out. Thanks!

Cyrrena likes this.
  20. Swansong New Member

That was my thoughts. I could have given them more info and more choices but decided to just get them the easiest and fastest option and let them figure the rest out themselves or from a mentor or guild member. If I put too much information, it will just be overwhelming and they might not even bother.
    Cyrrena and Rosyposy like this.