Cheaper "Year of Everquest Pack" option for TLE

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Shady1, Feb 26, 2020.

1. Shady1 Member

I would be interested in buying the Year of Everquest packs for characters on TLE, but with them being $35 and 3/4 of the items in the pack being absolutely worthless on TLE, I'm hard pressed to fork over that much cash for what you DO get.

If you would do a smaller pack, for TLE, that only includes the items that work on TLE, x2 xp pots, jboots, backpack and merchant crate, for like 10 bucks, I would probably buy a **** TON of them.

Just saying. Money to be made yall. Can we make it happen?

Also, keep in mind, for TLE characters, it's not a long term investment, since the server will eventually die out... so keeping them cheap is the ideal mindset here. Cheap, Cheap, Cheap... 300 people spend 10 bucks or 10 people spend 30 bucks. How many apples does sally have?
    Rosyposy likes this.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

While I agree that there should be packs aimed specifically at TLE, it actually is a long term investment. My toons from Fallen Gate now live happily on Antonia Bayle.
    Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  3. Shady1 Member

One man's living is another man's slow and painful death, dying as slow and as painfully as possible, with an emphasis on slowness and pain, until dead, from dying slowly and painfully until death, until death do us part.

I do not.

Amen.
    Rayzor, Xevran and Sigrdrifa like this.
  4. Rayzor Member

I come onto these forums for information, argument and the occasional wit. Never did I expect such poetry. The deepest yearnings of my heart were finally put to words by a true master.
    Your words are sublime, sir. I /salute you.
    Shady1 likes this.
  5. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

That's where my TLE chars go to die and never be played again. Most have been deleted long ago.
    Bekkr, Argosunited and Shady1 like this.
  6. Somedude Active Member

+1 on a more TLE relevant pack and priced to be more reflective of the transient nature of these servers.

While my FG characters may have been moved to AB, I've not once logged them in and will never play on live. Paying 35 to 40 dollars for a broker box and some jboots, is not appropriately priced when I'll have to buy it again in 1-2 years when TLE 4.0 starts.
    Shady1, Rosyposy and Zenji like this.
  7. Karioki Active Member

+1 from me too.

I will only ever play on the most recent TLE so yes, it's a short term investment. I have never bothered to transfer a character - it just gets deleted. I wouldn't be surprised to find many others who will only play on the most recent TLE.

As it stands, when it comes to these types of purchases you get $0.00 from me. I would purchase a pack aimed at TLE if it contained the tax free sales cabinet and the multi-use crating table.