Chat server and Freeport

Discussion in 'EQ2Players.com Website Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Jack Orb, Jan 25, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Jack Orb Guest

The guild chat XMPP server (yes it's still running despite EQ2Players being gone) seems to be having issues with guilds on Freeport server. I've had a few reports of players on Freeport server not being able to log in to chat because it isn't listing any of their characters when they select a guild. This seems to have started around Christmas, just about the time that Freeport and The Bazaar merged.
    Is the chat system being maintained (for a possible return when "My Characters" becomes available again) and if so is there likely to be a fix for this issue in the near future?
  2. ARCHIVED-Jack Orb Guest

And I take it from the fact that all connections are now being rejected that the answer was to shut it down completely?
  3. ARCHIVED-Whilhelmina Guest

It also seems that for whatever reasons, tells from internationnal severs can't be sent to Freeport server (aka from Storms, Valor, Splipaw). It was already the case before the merges so I don't think it's related but one never knows.
  4. ARCHIVED-Trepan Guest

Uxian@Splitpaw wrote:
    Uxian, it seems you're right - it looks like it's not listening at all on either the XMPP or XMPPS ports... I wonder if someone finally tripped over the cord and only we notice it because... well... no one else has been managing it since before DarkViper surfaced and then swam away.
  5. ARCHIVED-Gladiolus Guest

Whilhelmina@Storms wrote:
    Early Tuesday morning (around 8am CET) I could connect to European custom channels from Freeport but later in the day (before Crushbone and Permafrost went down) they stopped working.
  6. ARCHIVED-Jack Orb Guest

Trepan wrote:
    Somehow I don't think it's a coincidence that it happened a day after I started this thread. I kind of half expected it when I asked the question since I was already wondering if it had been overlooked when the rest of EQ2Players was taken down. Wish I'd just kept quiet now since the majority of my app's users were having no problems with it at all.
    It would just be nice to know whether it's ever coming back or if I should just remove the feature completely. If only everyone at SOE was as helpful and communicative as DanKinney and Zoltaroth are on the data API forums.