charm animal - not enough concentration

Discussion in 'Warden' started by ARCHIVED-duhfur, Jan 16, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-duhfur Guest

whenever I try to use charm animal it says I dont have enough concentration what does that mean?
  2. ARCHIVED-Calainis Guest

Certain buffs use a concentration slot, you have 5.. Charm animal uses up 3, so you will need to lose some buffs to be able to use it
  3. ARCHIVED-duhfur Guest

oh, thank you! This is my 2nd character and I never had that problem with my conj
  4. ARCHIVED-TheVekk Guest

Conjy pets are diffrent then a charmed pet, charm pets cost con slots. once you get into higher levels of the game you wont use the charm animal as a druid becuse it cost the con slots. the only real benefit from that hole aa line is the wild regeneration.
  5. ARCHIVED-Endee Guest

Three Consentration for to have a Charmed pet? really? Why?
  6. ARCHIVED-Arielle Nightshade Guest

No one knoowwwws....
    Well, except that if you were a Warden on a pvp server (already pretty freaking hard to kill) and you jumped on someone with your Warden uberness AND a charmed pet you'd be unstoppable and very unfairly OP. And since there's not really 2 different Wardens (pve and pvp), pvp Wardens have to choose to either have all their buffs (including self-mitigation..a fairly good one in pvp) or have a charmed animal ...and pve ones just kind of have to deal with it.
    I kind of think that's the only reason to give us this penalty because who really cares if you are OP while solo questing? You might not charm an animal while healing for a group because you'd want the buffs to go elsewhere.
    I always think if charming animals as amusing and fun to try, but too much of a pain to deal with for the benefit achieved. Hopefully someone is getting some use out of that ability.
  7. ARCHIVED-Tigress Guest

wardens & furies have the same druid tree. i have a fury.

when i started out, i opened up each line and began going down the charm line. then, i respec'd and got rid of it. the only thing really beneficial is the last spot and it takes 22 AAs to get there so it didn't seem worth it to me. plus, you can only charm animals and that means that you cannot use it all the time. the coercer's also takes up 3 concentration slots. seems high but that is how they made it.
  8. ARCHIVED-torri Guest

Tigress wrote:
    I'm sorry, Wild Regeneration is so important that unless all you do is soloquest it's worth wasting the points you have to put into the animal junk in order to get it. If you raid (Or even group in DoV) Tortise Shell endline is the best one from the entire Druid tab. It's a shame to have to waste those twelve points, but I can't imagine doing anything other than soloquesting without them
  9. ARCHIVED-Tigress Guest

Torri@Lucan DLere wrote:
    i disagree. it is not 12 pts, it is 22 pts. that is a lot of AA! one spell is *not* worth 22 AAs.

you can only fill three lines when you get max AAs and wasting 20 of the available 100....
  10. ARCHIVED-RogueSpideyChick Guest

Tigress wrote:
    do u even know what wild regen & tshell do because saying wild regen is not worth the 12 points & shell is not worth the 22...
  11. ARCHIVED-Tigress Guest

yes i know what they do. just bc i dont agree with you doesnt mean that im (a) dumb or (b) wrong. we disagree. its that simple.
  12. ARCHIVED-RogueSpideyChick Guest

Tigress wrote:
    more like u dont agree with pretty much every other druid that's ever known how to play their class...HAVING a druid & PLAYING a druid r WAY different
  13. ARCHIVED-Tigress Guest

ok now you are just being insulting. i never insulted you. was that really necessary?

i could give you lists of reasons why i did not go down that line and why i think other lines are better but do not feel the need to justify myself.
  14. ARCHIVED-RogueSpideyChick Guest

Tigress wrote:
    okay what lines did u go? how's that? & what's ur reasoning for them?
  15. ARCHIVED-torri Guest

Tigress wrote:
    Perhaps I wasn't clear enough. You have to waste 12 points in the charm animal junk to get to the good abilities Wild Regeneration and Tortise Shell. If you think that line wastes 22 points, well then I don't think we have a common experience base to have a discussion from. I'm curious, what your playstyle is that you think there are choices better than those two abilities. Wild Regeneration increases the initial heal of all our heals by 30% and then has the ticks tic closer together so the healing is intensified. Nothing is a bigger boost to our healing ability than Wild Regeneration. I grant you that the AE blocker isn't critical to a non-raiding, or even non high-end grouping Druid so if that isn't someone's playstyle they don't need it.
  16. ARCHIVED-Arielle Nightshade Guest

Tigress wrote:
    You can play any way you want to - but going past the animal junk to get to at least Wild Regeneration is kind of like Warden Crack. The Charm animal abilities were fun for like...3 or 4 days, then most of us moved on, and they are not really an issue in that line except a semi-lukewarm druid flavor ability that really missed the mark.
    I am not sure why you'd want to work harder to heal when there really isn't anything else in the Druid lines that is worth more than having Wild Regen.
    It's easily (to me) worth 22 points. That sounds like a lot of points, but when you see how you heal with it, then without it, you'd happily spend them. As a matter of fact, that it's *only* 22 points is pretty nice. Tortoise Shell is situational - I can see not getting that. If you raid it's one of the (few) things you can bring to the table, and you'd be raid-gimped if you didn't have it. If you don't raid, I can see not taking it.
    But not healing the most that you can..? Like Arica, I'm curious to know what else you chose and why, cause I'd be missing completely something that is worth leaving that out. On the other hand both Arica, Torri and I have played druids for in-game centuries and I suppose it's entirely possible we've missed a new way to do things. We have tried AA's in thousands of plat worth of configurations in pretty much every possible druid situation - but we've probably not tried it lately. I'm genuinely interested in hearing how you have chosen AAs and your reasoning.
    With a couple of pretty loud exceptions, on this board no one means to be sarcastic or attacking. You don't even need to feel you're in a position to defend what you are thinking or how you play. If you respec'd after only having that line for a short while, you might have missed the benefit, just as we might have missed a new way to spec. That's all :)
  17. ARCHIVED-LivelyHound Guest

I would imagine, and this a guess, that Tigress thinks that spending the points required to get Wild Regen isnt worth it because basically Wild Regen amounts to 30% potency for the primary tick of just two spells.

The increased speed of the ticks is not really all that beneficial as you overwrite them as soon as your spells are back up for the uber big primary hit. You'll get an additional tick or so here and there but that portion of Wild Regen aint that great, ymmv, which leaves just the potency for 2 spells.

If you are taking the 8 pts to get there, you may aswell go all in and get TS and thus spend the extra 4. But 22 pts for aoe block +30%pot on 2 spells is a heavy cost.

That would be my guess.

For group it would have occasional uses for really hard hitting mobs or those with big aoes.
    For raid TS is necessary end of story.
    For solo that line depends on your style.

By which I mean for solo: I take it, because I use those primary heals to do all my healing and go with all our passive heal procs for the rest. So when I need a big hp boost I use those spells, and away I go again. Plus I use the 2% dmg reduction on them which is useful, and I use TS all the time for the block increase. They don't get cast often but are big when I do. It also lets me jump into groups easily. However, I could easily spec INT instead of AGI in solo and get more hp procs that way and dmg procs, or I could go with just two endlines and then take all the WIS,INT extra melee attacks and then spend the excess buffing the STR and STA to max pts and so on. Lots of options solo and Wild Regen may or may not the best depending how you like to play.
    Thinking about it, I am now off to go respec and try soloing stuff with a no AGI spec
    What I gain with a 2 endline mix setup is:
    8% extra ma
    some extra attk spd durign nature blade and extra dmg (6-10 haste ish)
    an extra AOE melee attack for 1200-1900 pre crit, plus 147 lvls root dispel 50sec timer (this is awesome)
    an extra melee attack for 1200-2000 magic dmg ( this will go up another 6 pts when i get them)
    4% extra chance at stun immunity on beneficials
    1% accuracy ( when i get my last pt in that tree)
    What I lose is:
    TS (for 6% unconditional extra block, yeah my shield sucks) 30% of the time
    approx 300hp per primary heal (my warden is roughly all pq type level of gear) and .5sec longer on each tick
    Doesn't look too bad really.
  18. ARCHIVED-Boli32 Guest

LivelyHound wrote:
    You can always put 1 point in the Wisdom line to unlock the PBAoE melee attack; I know many do - I do on my n00b fury. Its not as big of an attack but procs damage abilities such as peace of mind :)
  19. ARCHIVED-LivelyHound Guest

Yeah I put 10 pts in at the mo, trying it out, cos I like damage! The AGI line solo is probably not as good as what I am trying now.
  20. ARCHIVED-NolaDragon Guest

Maybe Im stupid , but I picked the agi line just for the pet charm.
    I find rank 8 is sufficient , and I boost my subj by 10 sometimes 15 depending on the pet.
    ofcourse its no good for the standard group (boring do what your told crap)
    But if you like doing the oddball group , especially with other pet classes (infusion procs for all pets in group ... no dumbfire) This skill can be quite usefull and entertaining.
    You would be suprised by some of the pets,,,scrap dasher in runnyeye for instance,,, and certain spiders in quite a few dungeons. Then ofcourse the drovlarg in the castle are definately usefull. And I believe sony will continue to give us use of this skill throughout the expansions
    And yes if you have a coercer you will find this skill very similar, especially the concentration cost. Wich makes sense , your not conjuring a pet , you are dominatiing the mind of another scentiant being ... so be prepared to concentrate on it.
    The Idea that the warden has to go for all the heal boost they can get is laughable , isnt the one thing we claim, that we can heal the best allready? Ofcourse for certain raids you would want max heal potential. But most times ................................................................................................................................................I think not

Howdy Arie ... good to see you again