Chardok Gate Crystals - Where?

Discussion in 'Zones and Population' started by ARCHIVED-urgatorbait, Jun 9, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-urgatorbait Guest

Can anyone please enlighten me on how to get the various colored gate crystals to advance through Chardok, specifically, the blue and red ones as I have unlocked the sokokar post from a previous run through there shortly after RoK came out. I'm trying to get to the four Bruiser epic update spots and so far am having no luck with two group runs thus far.
    I read that they drop from Gatekeepers in each area near the gates but to this point we have not come across these mobs, or crystals as we've cleared our way to those gates. Someone in my party has already had the crystals so it hasn't been an issue but I'd like to get them for myself for future attempts.
    A write up I read indicated that, access aside, the Bruiser epic updates are easily soloable. I am not so sure about that. I tried advancing solo from the point of Severclaw (where my last group had broke up) and didn't get too much further as I had a failed FD chance. And given the fact that I can't take many hits from these mobs before dropping dead, it's a slow treacherous path. All mobs are see-invis too.
    On a side note, I'm wondering if there are mobs all around the stone tablets I need for the brusier updates in the Library or if they can be picked up without getting aggro.
    Anyways, any advice on where/how I get the crystals or how to do this part solo would be greatly appreciated.
  2. ARCHIVED-Allisia Guest

The keystones for the Charkdok gates are dropped by mobs in the neighboring defenses. They are marked on the EQ2 Maps program if you use that plug in. The only one I specifically remember was the first one and he is at the back of the area to the left of the gate.
  3. ARCHIVED-urgatorbait Guest

Thanks for the reply :)
    I do use the EQ2Maps plug-in but didn't see any indicator for mobs that drop the crystals. So are you saying that ANY mob near the various gates can drop the crystals or is it a specifically named one? We've killed tons of mobs around the gate areas and haven't seen any drop.
  4. ARCHIVED-Allisia Guest

Only specific mobs drop the crystal. The first one is called "a Bathezid gatekeeper", and after looking at EQ2Maps, he appears to be the only one listed there. After a bit of research on EQ2Wikia we find the other crystals are held by "a Nak'azar gatekeeper" and "a Caroeth gatekeeper". It's possible that there are named versions of the gatekeepers as well. They should be located near the gates.
  5. ARCHIVED-urgatorbait Guest

Thanks for the additional information. I just haven't yet come across any mob that is named as a "xxxxx Gatekeeper". Either they are not particularly close to their respective gates or they've always happened to be killed when my group has come along (doubt that's the case). I'll keep digging.
  6. ARCHIVED-Allisia Guest

By "near" I mean that they should be within tracking range of the gates, not that they will be in a toll booth at the side of the gate. :)
  7. ARCHIVED-urgatorbait Guest

Hehe, point taken. Thanks.
  8. ARCHIVED-Ebarel Guest

and for the red one be prepared that its a pita to get it.
    You have to fight through that little castle on the right side of the red gate and there is a roamer (which of course sees invis) and almost instantly repops after you kill him. So whenever you fight one of the "other" mobs in that zone you will get him as an add (escept for a few safe spots on the upper level.
    In the last chamber (cramped with mobs) you will get that said roamer every time you fight one of the mobs from the chamber - so be prepared to have a solid group with decent dps or a mezzer
  9. ARCHIVED-urgatorbait Guest

Ebarel wrote:
    Thanks, this information is a big help.
  10. ARCHIVED-Targ Guest

Ebarel wrote:
    There is a bit of the trick to the last gate that will makes it a bit easier. At the second gate do a group invis and roam around in the building till you find a "Fizzipop drink" (don't remember the actual name) take the drink and head to the next gate.
    If you watch you will see a roamer come out and go to some barrels and then go back in. Kill the mobs out side but try to avoid killing the roamer as it will just repop. Once you have the outside clear so you can get into the building go to the barrels and use the fizzipop drink on them. Wait for the roam to come out and get more drinks for the mobs inside. Then fight your way in, all the mobs in the last room (which is packed with mobs) will be asleep and you can easily kill the gatekeeper and get out.
    Good Luck
  11. ARCHIVED-LordPazuzu Guest

Ebarel wrote:
    Harvest the poison at various points in the zone(has some gnomish sounding name) and poison the barrel that the roamer keeps walking too. He'll take the poisoned drink back to the barracks, knock the whole barracks out temporarily and stop roaming for a few moments.