Charasis - Vault of Eternal Sleep

Discussion in 'Zones and Population' started by ARCHIVED-Bladevil, Nov 18, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Bladevil Guest

Hi,
    Me and 5 other group players went into this new instance today.. we defeated the first named and we call of qeynos to repair (new instance = new surprised) Just to add, we have the Exclusive Access / Safely-Kept Soul quests for this zone.. so yeah we were told to do the first named *DING* quest update.. yep we CoQ, repair.. we also lose one member of the group and so we get another new group player.
    We go back to the instance (Persistent instance zone) and we grind to the second named and get DING from the second named.. when we go to the main door it says we can't open this door (which contains the third named) it says "The twin locks of nightmare and dream hold this portal shut" but we killed them and we can't open it :S
    We also killed all adds in the zone, and went to the other door which you use the wheel beside the door to open it.. but it wont let us it says "Spectral Essence holds this door firmly" we are really confused :S
    We also found a lever, which moved one of the floors over the top of the pit.. but that seemed useless.

Is this place bugged or are we missing something?
    Please get back to me,
    Thanks.. Senor
  2. ARCHIVED-panther55 Guest

You are missing something.
  3. ARCHIVED-jackyu Guest

take shards from 1 of the rooms and place each on the 2 platforms in each of dream and nightmare room
  4. ARCHIVED-Supple Guest

Where is this instance, and what level and heroic quality are the mobs in the intro area?
  5. ARCHIVED-Killerbee3000 Guest

mobs are 77 - 80, there are 4 nameds, last two ones with decent loot.
    there are traps, there are adds (chanters ftw).
    you will have to figure out some stuff to be able to progress through it.
    been there with a group of 74-76 guys, wasnt too hard.
  6. ARCHIVED-Trynnus1 Guest

We had same problem last night after zoning out for supper then back in after killing the first two named
  7. ARCHIVED-Calsedon Guest

You have to Kill the Keeper of Nightmares and then the Keeper of Creams (in no particular Order). After that you have to find the way to the Eternal Guardian. Once you kill him, You will have 2 Movable Objects. Each Object will need to be placed in the respective Keeper's room on the Pedestal. Once you do that. The Inner doors to the Boss of the Dungeon opens. This would be the room that has the Nightmare, Dream Lock. I'll leave the rest of the strats on Eternal Guardian and Praetor up to you to figure out.
  8. ARCHIVED-TuinalOfTheNexus Guest

There's a definite bug with persistant instances that have triggered doors.
    In this case, killing both keepers is supposed to let you turn the wheel to open the vault. This in turn lets you kill a named and get crystals to continue the zone.
    However, if you kill both keepers, then everyone leaves the zone, the flag that lets you open the vault doesn't persist. Hence you're stuck.
    I noticed also after logging out at the end of maiden's chamber, then logging back in a few hours later, that all the doors had shut with no way to open them (since all the nameds were dead), so I had to call. No big deal since the zone had been cleared, but if you'd left the zone with some still up you'd be unable to complete it.
  9. ARCHIVED-Pyroverg Guest

Calsedon wrote:
    LOL Keeper of Creams.... this zone is working properly , just gotta think about it for a bit
  10. ARCHIVED-Ilucide Guest

Yeah, there's some weirdness with how the zone is getting saved for the persistent instance. I'll take a look when I get back in tomorrow and see what I can do to get it to behave. At any rate, as people have said, it does work fine if you do it all in one go. Sorry about that, hope it's enjoyable otherwise. =)
  11. ARCHIVED-Wytie Guest

Ilucide wrote:
    its fun except for the lack of master drops :)
    and i mean lack :p
  12. ARCHIVED-Ilucide Guest

That's one for items & equipment, but I'll see if I can chat with Archonix & Lyndro to see if our dungeon loot is where we want it. =)
  13. ARCHIVED-KBern Guest

We received two master chests in here in two days.
    One for the final boss, an item, not a spell.
    One for one of the keepers, a spell.
  14. ARCHIVED-Varanus the Corpse Guest

Glad you guys did... I agree with the previous post.. I've ran that zone daily along with the others (Given the Celsith timer) and I've only seen maybe one master spell drop
  15. ARCHIVED-Catsy Guest

Yeah, in semi-daily instance runs since release, I think I've seen maybe four, five exquisite chests, not all of which contained a master? The rarity of these chests from instance named really needs to be tweaked up.
  16. ARCHIVED-daray Guest

I do like the drop rate on masters as they currently stand - something strangely unsatisfying about seeing masters drop like candy in T1-7 where being fully mastered was the standard for the majority (raiding or non-raiding).
  17. ARCHIVED-Catsy Guest

Perhaps, but the drop rate from named right now is abysmal, to the point where it's almost not worth the bother. If it's a correction from previous tiers, it's an overcorrection. We've seen more metal chests drop from overland trash mobs than from instance named, and that's just not balanced correctly.
  18. ARCHIVED-Gungo Guest

The master drop right is fine.
    We really dont need anymore seriously like 5 people in guild have 4+ masters not including the master2 and its only been 2 weeks and people just started raiding where masters should be more common.
    Let the sages have a market selling adept 3's we dont need masters to be the norm 1 month after release.
  19. ARCHIVED-Morrolan V Guest

I agree in general about the Master drop rate. We have seen a reasonable number of masters, but they are still rare enough that it's exciting to see them. On a different note about this zone -- I have now cleared it a number of times. Gotten some nice drops, particularly off the Praetor.
    Few days ago, a group and I killed the Praetor and found no chest. We figured it was in the wall or the floor (which has happened to me a number of times), so we petitioned. Here's the response:
    -----------------------------
    Greetings Rythalian,

Thank you for contacting Sony Online Entertainment. This is GM Roser. I understand that after killing the NPC 'Praetor of the Phylactery', you were unable to find any chest drop.

I truly understand your concern on this matter and realize how important this item is for you.

On investigating the issue, I found that the NPC was killed by your group on 2007-11-24 at 23:50:39 PST. As per our records, the NPC did not drop any chest at that time. Please not that killing NPC's does not guarantee a drop. You may want to try killing more NPC's to get drops from them.

If you have any suggestions/feedback on the amount of drops from NPC's then you may submit your feedback report using the command /feedback in game. We always welcome views and suggestions of players.

If you encounter any further in-game issues or questions please feel free to file a new ticket and we will be delighted to help you

Take care and safe travels.

Sincerely
    GM Roser
    ------------------------------------
    I'm not gonna whine about one chest, but this response is BS.
    First, I love the "You may want to try killing more NPC's to get drops from them." Really????????? That never f$%#ing occurred to me. SoE, you should not treat your experienced player base like five year olds.
    Second, there have been heroic instances in the game since it originally came out. I have done quite literally hundreds of runs through them. The final boss has dropped at least SOME chest every single time. Now, we've all had the disappointing experience of getting all the way through Unrest, only to have wood drop, but NO DROP at all? If this response is correct, then there is a "no chest" entry on the loot table for the final bosses in these zones. I have to say that I think that's a very bad idea.
  20. ARCHIVED-Killerbee3000 Guest

Morrolan V wrote:
    that response you got was wrong...
    first off, the actual answer was wrong, second, that he said go kill more and you'll eventually get some... well... too bad forum rules forbid feedback on such stuff... but one can prolly imagine what could stand here if the forum rules would be different....
    it can be that he did not drop a chest at all and that there wasnt one stuck in the floor / ceiling / wall... but, then that was due to a bug.. not due to mob having a chance to drop nothing at all....