Characters locked after server transfer?

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Aggy, Sep 3, 2022.

1. Aggy Active Member

With the marketplace sale I decided now would be a good time to bring my only Skyfire character over to Maj'Dul so all of my live characters are together. I used the token, switched servers and now all of my characters are locked. I tried relaunching game and still all of my characters are locked. Did I mess up?
    Twyla likes this.
  2. Jesaine Well-Known Member

That's odd, as I didn't have the same issue when moving from Halls of Fate to Antonia Bayle.

I really doubt you messed anything up however. The most likely explanations are that they put the lock on temporarily just in case there was something suspicious. You haven't played in forever, just came back and tried to move the character for example. THAT could give the appearance that somebody might have hacked your account and is trying to steal your character.

Doesn't sound like that's the case, it was just an easy example of something that might have set a red flag with the bots that handle the transfers.

The other possibility could be if one of those servers is a specialty server (I don't have all the server roles memorized). Then they might want to take a look and make sure you didn't bring back any game breaking gear, OR just need to switch the gear to the new server's stats. Varsoon's TLE tier 1 crafted gear is a good deal stronger than the same crafted gear on a live server for example.

At any rate, I'd just drop customer service a polite email and ask what the situation is. With it being a 3 day weekend though, you probably won't hear back from them till Tuesday at the earliest.
    Twyla likes this.
  3. Aggy Active Member

Yeah, I opened a support ticket before posting here realizing I ight not hear from them until Tuesday at best. Been back a few months so maybe, maybe. Could be a possibility they thought my account got hacked, but who knows.

I knew about the exceptions to certain server transfers before transferring, which is why I looked it up before hand if I could go from Skyfire to Maj'dul before I even tried it.
    Jesaine likes this.
  4. Jesaine Well-Known Member

Hang in there. Hopefully it'll be resolved before then. Remind them also that you're missing out on a double XP weekend because of this.
    Aggy likes this.