Characters Age

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Kittik, Nov 12, 2019.

1. Kittik Well-Known Member

This isn't my toon, (I have a bad habit of getting to max level and deleting my toons) but a very good friend of mine and I've been playing with this character since creation.

[IMG]

Do you have a character with an older creation date?
    Shalyn is the main toon of her's, so if you see Shalyn around in game you should know she's been playing for a while. Also, send her a tell wishing her a happy birthday (EQ2 birthday) on Friday.
    Soara2 likes this.
  2. Occam Well-Known Member

November 9, 2004, the day EQ2 went live. :)

I actually consider this char to be even older, since I first created Occam in EQ1 in March of 1999, about 4 days after the game went live. I played him in EQ1 until I got into EQ2 early beta, where I recreated him. After EQ2 beta was over I recreated him yet again on the live server. While you could argue that technically it's not the same character, it feels like the same char to me, just one that's been reborn a couple times.
    Soara2 and Prox like this.
  3. Kittik Well-Known Member

[IMG]

Well done. Happy belated Birthday to you.
    Soara2 likes this.
  4. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

Wulfgyr's EQ2 "born on" date is 11-10-2004.

Others:
    Longschott: 11-24-2004
    Mystbolt: 11-25-2004

Several other alts created from November '04 through January '05.

Great thread, and happy birthday to Shalyn!

Edit: To follow Occam's example, I also came over from EQ1. Wulfgyr's birthday there (according to /played) is Thursday, September 20th, 2001.
    Soara2 likes this.
  5. Svenone Well-Known Member

I held out from playing EQ2 for a couple of weeks, so Obuna is a little later in November of 2004. I remember starting a character in Qeynos a little bit earlier, but when I found that my EQ1 friends had all rolled evil I made my brigand and the rest is history. (I gave all of my Qeynos' toons stuff to the brigand and then deleted him).

Traveling from Qeynos to Freeport was an adventure at the time. No maps to speak of, no money to pay for a boat ride or to buy a mount (and they were only 16%, 24% or 40% at the time anyway, and even more expensive than the boat ride that I could not afford), so I just hoofed it. Made it almost all of the way to the commonlands gate of Nektulos when a bat murdered me. Yes, a bat. Back then there were heroic aggro mobs all over the outdoor zones and they didn't keep clear of the roads. I was only around level 10, so everything in Nektulos was red and hungry for a foolish halfling traveling all alone.
    Soara2 likes this.
  6. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Soara2 likes this.
  7. Korochun Member

There is an active toon on Thurgadin created on 15 of november 2004 according to eq2wire.com.
    Soara2 likes this.
  8. Juraiya Well-Known Member

Congratulations to all of you! That's pretty cool. :)

None of my characters is that old, because like the OP, I kept deleting characters after a certain point because I got bored of them. Serious character ADD. :)
    Soara2 likes this.
  9. Luck Member

My wizzie was born on 11/9/2004...hard to believe. Many of us came over from EQOA....
    Soara2 likes this.
  10. Kittik Well-Known Member

Awesome man. Happy Belated Birthday to you. Just missed you by a couple days.
    Soara2 likes this.
  11. Kittik Well-Known Member

Crazy to think you guys are playing characters that are older than my oldest child.

Happy belated Birthday Oumania!
    Soara2 and Luck like this.
  12. Cravaro Active Member

I also have the birthdate of Nov 9, 2004. There are a few of us around and even fewer who still play as main. Mine has a few gray hairs in his whiskers.
    Soara2, Juraiya and Kittik like this.
  13. Kilar Active Member

My oldest character is Kilum - a conj. He was created on 1st December 2004. This one (Kilar) was created in Jan '05.
    Soara2 likes this.
  14. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Ouka's DOB is December 2nd, 2004.

I followed along with the release of EQ2 up to its release date, but I was temporarily staying with relatives in California for November, and then I needed to wait for my new computer to arrive.
    Breanna and Soara2 like this.