Character slot question

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Ozzio, Sep 3, 2022.

1. Ozzio Member

If I have a DBG membership , how many character slots should I have? I thought it was 12 but only have 7.
    Soara2 likes this.
  2. Dude Well-Known Member

7 (2 base + 5 for being a member)

https://www.everquest2.com/membership
    Soara2 and Ozzio like this.
  3. Ozzio Member

Soara2 and Dude like this.
  4. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

A long time ago in a faraway place it was 12 ;)
  5. Jesaine Well-Known Member

They'll happily sell you more for $10 a pop though. :D
    Soara2 likes this.
  6. Ozzio Member

Yeah I haven't played in a long time. Which looks like it may continue. My excitement in coming back was due to wanting to play my Coercer. Which turned to sadness once I saw what they did to them. :(

My second choice was Defiler and after spending time reading the forums last night. The impression I got was, play fury/mystic or don't bother.
    Soara2 likes this.
  7. Ozzio Member

Looking on the bright side. I now have an extra character slot as I can delete my Coercer. :p
    Soara2 and Jesaine like this.
  8. Jesaine Well-Known Member

I've heard a few people claim the Defiler is actually a pretty decent character once they make it closer to end game. All I know is I couldn't get mine past 12 I hated it so much. :p

As for the Coercer... I was skeptical about alot of the reports. The game plays so much differently in different levels and zones if nothing else. I used a 120 token to boost one up, and was enjoying it at first until I got about half way through the VoV quest line and kept getting slaughtered. Tried a Zerker that solidly out-performed it, then I went to a Conjurer which was even better yet. :D

Yeah... Bottom line though, my Coercer is getting put back in the box and up on the shelf until they un*bleep* the class.
  9. Ozzio Member

I do have 1 boost to 120 , maybe I'll use on a defiler then. For now I think I am going to try the progression server though. Just have to decide on a class. Seems every class I like is considered bad lol. (Coercer , Defiler , Brigand , Dirge) Although I probably shouldn't call them bad (except Coercer they are bad :p) , they just all seem inferior to their mirror class.

Thanks for the post btw, I appreciate the insight! :)
    Soara2 likes this.
  10. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

Play what you like. Dirges were popular for raiding on Kaladim (the prior TLE).
  11. Jesaine Well-Known Member

Rosy is right. More than anything, take the time to experiment and find what YOU like. Took me two months and going through literally half the character classes in the game, lol. It was worth the time though.

As far as what's a "bad" class... The vast majority of that is just personal opinion. The Coercer has been nerfed hard lately, but there's still people playing them successfully. They're still good power feeds if nothing else. Channeler is a perfect example of a class that gets improper hate. It's designed to be able to fill any role IF it's options are configured properly. Kind of like a Dirge or Troubie has buffs and debuffs for everything but can't run them all at once. 2/3 of the player base can't match abilities with role though, so the class gets a very undeserved bad rep.
    Soara2, Daryx, Ozzio and 2 others like this.
  12. Svenone Well-Known Member

Originally (before FTP) the limit was 4, which got changed to 5, then 7. This cost 15USD / month. If you had the all access deal, which cost 30USD / month, you gained the ability to play (mostly) any SOE game and the EQ2 character limit was 12. That was also before we gained the ability to buy additional character slots or pay for more than a month at a time (with discount).

Years later they changed the model to Bronze (2 characters, FTP), Silver (4 characters, FTP), and Gold (7 characters, paid). Silver was what people who played when the game first came out but went FTP got. You couldn't just buy it as an upgrade.
    Soara2 likes this.