Character Slot Purchase - Did Not Receive

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Senya, Mar 24, 2018.

1. Senya Well-Known Member

I purchased a character slot from the login screen. It was not added to my account.
  2. Dude Well-Known Member

It's been a long time since I've done it, but I seem to remember that purchasing the extra slot put something in your /claim window. My memory may be way off, but it's worth a check.
  3. olleran Active Member

I think you get an item in your inventory you need to click to get the extra slot
  4. Senya Well-Known Member

I purchased from the login screen, not a character. There was no virtual item to click. There's nothing in my bags and nothing in /claim.
  5. Dude Well-Known Member

Then you need to use the /petition command, which will bring up a browser window so that you can submit customer service request.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's weird...I've done that myself, bought a character slot from the character select screen, but I've almost always gone immediately into creating a character right then and there. :-/

Did your perhaps greyed-out Create Character (1st level or 95th level) bar go green? At that point, I'd character create immediately, but I can see how other folks might want to hang onto it for a bit until they could decide where and how to "spend" it. :-/

Uwk
  7. Senya Well-Known Member

This has happened a few times to customers purchasing from the character select screen. If you browse these forums you'll see a few similar issues. Sometimes CSR's respond here which is why I posted here.

I have locked characters because I have cancelled my sub. I used leftover DBG cash to purchase a character slot so I could access some of my locked characters to give stuff away. I've got two I need unlocked but since none were unlocked after the first purchase I didn't buy more until I can reach customer service.

I should have logged in and bought directly from a character so I'd have the item, but I didn't.

I suspect that the reason this happened is actually because it "unlocked" a character slot that cannot really be unlocked. I have two additional toons on TLE servers which require a subscription.
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Eeg, if you've canceled your sub, would your /petition be answered? :-/

Uwk
  9. Senya Well-Known Member

I assume they still answer petitions, particularly when it involves a marketplace purchase, but I could be wrong.
  10. Dude Well-Known Member

Character slot unlocks can be tricky. It will unlock the most recently played character. If that happens to be a character on a premium server, then you still would only have access to it once you have access to that server. You might be better off just buying a krono, getting everything off the toons you don't want, and then make sure the toons you want are the most recent to log in before the krono runs out.