Character Selection Screen order

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Geirmundi, Jun 27, 2018.

1. Geirmundi New Member

So I notice that my character selection screen has stopped putting my last logged-in characters at the top of the list. In fact after repeating their logins-logouts, it's been consistently sticking the two I'm trying to get to the top of the list on the very bottom, despite the rest of the list appearing to randomize in its order each time I go back to the screen.

For context, this is a problem because I'm not going to be able to keep paying for a DB membership these next few months and would like to be allowed to choose which of my characters I lose access to while on free play. I heard something a couple years ago when I started up paying about how when you drop payments it locks all but the two characters at the very top of the selection list(the characters you logged in most recently, if it were working like it normally does).

Could someone either confirm/debunk whether this is actually the case, or tell me how to get it working like normal again?
  2. Dude Well-Known Member

For me, the most recently logged in character is at the bottom and it goes up from there in the order of most recent to least recent.
  3. Breanna Well-Known Member

My last logged in character is always at the top of my list, but there was a time about 2 months ago it was working like you said and eventually it worked itself out and is back to normal. I cannot confirm or debunk LOL which 2 you get to keep though I've always been a gold member then all access.
  4. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

My most recent have been at the bottom of the list on the character select screen, top of the list on the launcher.
    Regardless when you drop down to 2 slots, the 2 toons available to you are 100% the 2 most recent toons you logged into.
  5. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

If you have purchased any additional slots, you get to keep that number of characters as well as the two slots available on Free to Play accounts.
  6. Illeara Active Member

I would love to be able to choose which characters you can play when you let the subscription expire. I have done that a couple of times and this last one, the game locked my first alternate character. It really angered me.
  7. Mermut Well-Known Member

I believe it is the last ones you played? So if you know it's going to lapse, just make sure you log your favorites in 'last'?
    Cyrrena likes this.
  8. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

As Mermut stated, its the last 2 characters logged in that remain unlocked and if you purchased extra slots, it goes on to the next one last logged in and so on.

Just make sure the 2 you want unlocked, assuming you have purchased no extra slots, are logged in last each day prior to expiration of your sub.
    Rosyposy likes this.