Character Select Screen Ever Going To Change?

Discussion in 'Look and Feel' started by ARCHIVED-xpraetorianx, Nov 1, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-xpraetorianx Guest

It's been the same view from New Tunaria since Echoes of Faydwer came out. Any chance a new title screen is in the works? I know its a small detail but its always something that to me showed new life in a title.. especially when new content came out.

Heck I remember the old random view from the original launch of the game that had the zoom in on to the character.. I really liked that old school appearance.
  2. ARCHIVED-Merodos Guest

Wouldn't that be the character select screen? And yes, it could use a change. I would personally have it change for which ever character you have selected and the scene would be the starting area for your current home city.
  3. ARCHIVED-LordPazuzu Guest

Yeah, seeing the evil toons with gilded towers and sparkling waterfalls behind them is jarring at best.
    Personally, I'd go with racial heritage based backdrops if possible.
    • Human- Qeynos or Freeport(In Qeynos I'd set them in front of the old Qeynos gates in Elddar Grove)
    • Half-elf- Qeynos, Freeport, or Kelethin
    • Halfling- Enchanted Lands or Rivervale
    • High Elf- New Tunaria
    • Wood Elf- Kelethin
    • Fae- Greater Faydark
    • Arasai- Darklight Woods
    • Dark Elf- Nektulos or Neriak
    • Barbarian- Everfrost
    • Ogre- Feerott
    • Troll- Moors of Ykesha, Grobb
    • Froglok- Moors of Ykesha, Guk
    • Gnome- Steamfont
    • Iksar- Kunzar Jungle(Outer Sebilis)
    • Sarnak- Gorowyn
    • Freeblood- Loping Plains?
    • Ratonga- Freeport or Qeynos sewers
    • Erudite- Erudin Palace(good) or The Hole (evil)
  4. ARCHIVED-xpraetorianx Guest

Yeah I meant the character select screen... updated the thread.

I just don't think the character select screen fits at all what the game is all about. That select screen should reflect what the current content is in the game or atleast pertaining to your selected character.

Its the one thing that sticks out like a sore thumb to me when I log into the game.
  5. ARCHIVED-General_Info Guest

xpraetorianx wrote:
    Personally i think maybe they should take some scenery from all the cities and let us decide wether to display one scene for all toons or display a different scene based on the selected charater's home city.
  6. ARCHIVED--Arctura- Guest

Thats one thing i loved about eq1, the character select screen tended to look more evil if you were playing an evil race/class... or am i totally misremembering
  7. ARCHIVED-Merodos Guest

-Arctura- wrote:
    Not sure. I know it was never like that from Planes of Power and above. Earliest iteration I remember was inside a yellowish-stone building and you could roam around and view your other characters.
  8. ARCHIVED-Ulrichvon Guest

This screen needs to be updated to communicate the number of character slots you have authorized for your account.

Just sayin...
  9. ARCHIVED-CoLD MeTaL Guest

Ulrichvon wrote:
    Needs to include AA and tradeskill among other things too.
  10. ARCHIVED-NrthnStar5 Guest

Meaghan@Lucan DLere wrote:
    I would absolutely love this.

At the very least though, it should be based on the home city of that character.
  11. ARCHIVED-Rainy Guest

I like it how it is.
    in EQ1, no, there was no good/evil look. it was a generic pedastal with your toon on it. you coudl turn him so you can look at him 360 degrees or zoom in on him and that was it.
    the problem I forsee with your idea is that there is pretty much no zone in game that looks as nice as New Tunaria. the next thing we'd see is complaints about how 'bad' the other options look.
    IF they did update it. they should give everyone the same screen. and probably make it look like an area in Harrow's End.
  12. ARCHIVED-Ellarae Guest

I like the idea of the character's home city as the background, with the appropriate zone music. u.eq2wire.com does this for for a character's bio page (minus the music obviously) and it looks pretty good imo. And then for character creation, maybe just black with a fog effect, and music that's neither "good" or "evil" but just sounds heroic.
  13. ARCHIVED-feldon30 Guest

[IMG]
    As if on cue...
  14. ARCHIVED-xpraetorianx Guest

No need to thank me!! :) Its definitely a breath of fresh air.. although not as evil as my toons would like it hehe but any change is good and therefore I like it.
  15. ARCHIVED-shadowscale Guest

Rainmare@Oasis wrote:
    EQ1 used to have diffrent select screens based on class actualy. but was taken out around PoP time as another had mentiond
  16. ARCHIVED-NrthnStar5 Guest

Woo Hoo! So nice to see something new!
  17. ARCHIVED-Mohee Guest

Can I have the option to keep my felwithe background? Please
  18. ARCHIVED-LordPazuzu Guest

shadowscale wrote:
    They had something similar around LDoN where the scene would change based on alignment.
  19. ARCHIVED-Ulrichvon Guest

feldon30 wrote:
    Still no information regarding the number of character slots available, but they still like to sell me more!
  20. ARCHIVED-Warpig Guest

That looks great, I've always hated the other one.