Character EQ2 Players

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Madgaholjad, Feb 11, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Madgaholjad Guest

Greeting all if your wondering why your character is not being displayed on EQ2 players i would surgest you have alook at what EQ2 wire have develop in partnership with SOE
    http://eq2wire.com/ is great development and i take my hats off to them from developing it with SOE. Look for the EQ2U software.
    Please give them feedback and bear in mind its a Beta version with a full version to come.
    Well done Eq2 Wire
  2. ARCHIVED-Tayne Guest

Wish it showed server discoveries -- particularly who found an item first on each server and globally from the apprentice items.
    Also wish it didn't give the option to opt-in for alts, most of what was useful for eq2players was the fact you could look up someone's alt, unless they opted out.
  3. ARCHIVED-Caela Guest

Jayne@Kithicor wrote:
    The Alt opt-in is not under EQ2Wires control. That's a SOE thing.

As a giver of data, I like opt-in. As a consumer of data, I like opt-out. I'm not sure there is any way to please everyone.
  4. ARCHIVED-Rahatmattata Guest

Jayne@Kithicor wrote:
    Fixed.
  5. ARCHIVED-feldon30 Guest

This thread set a record. We got to 3 replies before wading into the matter of Privacy.
    People have all the necessary tools in their hands to manage their Privacy. The upcoming EQ2Players will allow you to login with your SOE credentials and see characters you've hidden. But when it comes to our site, Opted Out characters disappear after 5 minutes (and you must zone/camp at least once).
    This thread may also be of value:
    http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=514646
  6. ARCHIVED-Tayne Guest

Malevolencexx@Nagafen wrote:
    Lol not stalk. It was useful to look up alts of a player that say, joined a guild, looted its entire guild bank, then left (I know, I know, set up guild bank options more carefully, but I had to learn this lesson the hard way, as did many others.)
    It's also useful if you have an urgent question for a player who's decided for the day to play on another server. It opens up communication.
  7. ARCHIVED-Leawyn Guest

Jayne@Kithicor wrote:
    Odds are if they opted to play on another server for the day, they don't want to be disturbed by people on their original server. Just sayin...