character cannot use norrath portals

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by doea, May 26, 2013.

1. doea New Member

I have one character that in the past 2 weeks suddenly can't use the guild norrath portal, druid or wizard portal unless I go into camp mode, Then the message to use the portal comes up, I click it, abandon camping and all is fine.
    My other 5 characters are fine in this regard. Any thoughts on how to clear it up?

Doea
  2. Emissary Vex Active Member

I have never heard of anything like this. Is the character the same rank in the guild as the rest of your toons? Having restricted access to travel amenities is a setting that can be changed via the amenity tab. Although I would be surprised if that was the problem considering you seem to have found a way to bypass it.
  3. doea New Member

Thanks for reply. I will check amenities, but that is not likely it.
    Barry
  4. TSR-SeanF Member

In certain cases this issue can be caused by a corrupted UI file. You may want to make backups and then delete the following files and folders in your EverQuest 2 directory:

cache folder (does not apply to Steam users)
    eq2_recent.ini
    eq2_default.ini
    EverQuest2.exe
    eq2.ini

As well as the character specific files, these will appear as follows:
    <ServerName>_<CharacterName>_EQ2_uisettings.ini
    <StationName>_characters.ini

Next, delete the configuration files/folder by following these instructions:
    1. Open the EverQuest II LaunchPad. (Do not login at this time.)
    2. Click Advance Tools, Open Game Directory, then close the LaunchPad.
    3. Look for any files explained above and delete them.
    4. Close all open folders and restart EverQuest II using the LaunchPad to login and play.

If deleting these files does not resolve your issue, you can restore your backed up files and folders and retain your hotkeys, contact lists, and display settings.

Please feel free to open a support ticket with us if your problem persists!
  5. doea New Member

Thanks Sean for your response.
    Unfortunately doing the above did not make any change (except of course leaving me with a different screen with spells on other hotbar now gone, since this was a 'fresh' character install.

BTE I had an install on another computer 2 months old and same character issue. Others still fine.
    Also outside of guild hall, I don't have the problems on this character 'doeinqa'.
    Finally, sometimes when fighting this character will be half under the ground until spell/melee starts.

I will live with it I think

Barry
  6. TSR-AlexS Well-Known Member

Barry, please feel free to submit in a support ticket so we can further assist you in the matter. Instructions are in my signature below.