Char Gen is a Mess Now! Weird Tinting in Char Screen, Haircut Broken so Cannot Correct Ingame!

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by redwoodtreesprite, Nov 15, 2012.

1. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

Yes, the new character screen is pretty. But it tints the characters' skin tones when doing character generation. So I made a fae fury, she looked totally wrong when I loaded her into the game. First thing I headed to the barber to try and fix how she was supposed to look. But the barber is broken, so I can't adjust her appearance.

And even if the barber wasn't broken, that is a very tiny screen to have to use compared to the character gen screen.

PLEASE FIX THIS! Let use see the actual skin tone and hair color tints again when doing char gen!
  2. Nocturnus Member

Do you have a screenshot of this? Because rolling my human, I saw no such lighting troubles.
  3. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

For some races it is OK, as the skin tones seem to not be so distorted with the screen tint. But for races with subtle color shades like Fae, Frogloks, and others with a wider range of skin colors, it is a complete nightmare. It was like that on Beta, and there was some attempt on the forums to point this out. But it went unnoticed by the devs.

I have resigned myself to having to keep making the character, deleting her when the colors are too off, and making her again. Still have not gotten a good look for her, as it is so hard to truly tell what skin and hair colors she actually will have ingame now...
  4. StoneLegion Active Member

You really need to "show" sometimes more then just say.