Chaos Descending: Priest Feedback

Discussion in 'Class Discussion' started by Caith, Oct 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mermut Well-Known Member

Agreed. Big hits are fine, when you can prepare for/anticipate them... Fights should give 'clues' that such things are coming... casting bars, mob emotes, etc, so healers that are paying attention know when to use their 'big stuff' to protect their group/tank. THAT takes skill and attention.
    Never knowing when anything is coming in so you have to constantly throw everything including the kitchen sink in 'just in case' or risk people dying isn't 'hard'... it's tedious and disheartening.
    Daalilama and Gillymann like this.
  2. Daalilama Well-Known Member

Death saves are pointless and have been for some time. Since the devs believe control effect immunities and ae prevents be that class abilities or war runes need to be pointless well their scripts need to follow the guk method of bypassing everything. With wards not being quite as effective now reactives and hots will come further into play but to date no attempt at adjusting reactive trigger count up or increasing the dr on hots has be made to compensate. Taking everything into consideration between the changes to bleedthrough the hidden incoming heal nerf (the mechanics and math of which have been intentionally obfuscated) the nerf to heals inside heroic/raid zones the constant power drains on everything (going back to skyshrine mechanics of power drains everywhere was not a fun time than and it wont be here) the select dots that must not be cured so year I would think healers are somewhat pissed. The dev team should really not use the phrase "we're players too" when they won't or can't play healers and than set out to set up shackles on our legs as we try to keep groups green. It's also why the devs re silent on this thread they got called on the carpet and instead of manning up and provide part of the discussion (feedback is a 2 way street..as of now its only 1 way) they hope the anger dissipates when we go live so they hide....it won't.
  3. Gillymann Well-Known Member

So.....

According to your statement, you value having fun less than you value commitment to your raid force. Not judging your preferences, however, nothing will change "fun-wise" as longs as people continue to order the experience of fun below other things, because DBG knows people will continue buy even if they are not having said fun.

To each their own :)
    Rhodris likes this.
  4. Mermut Well-Known Member

I can't argue your point, but I'm also not going to leave my friends in a lurch. I just hope I don't burn out.
  5. Mermut Well-Known Member

*sigh* Going through AA and with nearly no information about how the heal debuff works means it's not even possible to make informed choices about AAs :(
  6. Sigrdrifa Well-Known Member

I kinda wonder if any devs play healers, and if so, which healer classes?
  7. Earar Well-Known Member

can change game ;)

inq of course
  8. Bhayar Well-Known Member

A better question might be, do they play them like we play them, or do they run through the game with the best of everything, rather than having earned it like players have to?
    Daalilama likes this.
  9. Gillymann Well-Known Member

Mermut, you are waaaaaaayyyyyyyyy over-thinking it:

Steps:

(1) Just max pot, cb, fervor, resolve.
    (2) Keep your buffs ticking
    (3) Constantly spam your best 4 or 5 abilities.
    (4) Cure
    (5) Toss out an ascension every now and then.

No, no, no.

You're welcome :)
  10. Mermut Well-Known Member

A bot could do that :p
    I like to actually maximize my effectiveness, not minimize my chances of staying awake ;)
    Moorefallen, Blazen and Daelini like this.
  11. Daalilama Well-Known Member

Another interesting question is what if any nerf to %increase to heals is coming into play with the lovely new scripting I am aware tanks with aa/prestige for this seem to be getting slight edge on incoming heals they receive but as for the healers that have these abilities no clue didnt have time testing it (been kinda busy trying to keep my raid healers from going full on pissed...thank you dev team).
  12. Mermut Well-Known Member

The increased % incoming healing on tanks (who are specced for it) DOES seem to be working. Or it did the times I tested with my tank friend. The difference between the Myrist heal and the T1 heal was the same proportion different for tank and healer.. but the size on my tank friend was slightly higher. I didn't ask what her increased healing % was a the time, but she did mention she had some.
  13. Earar Well-Known Member

nothing actually .. wrong stuff and can't delete post
  14. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

I already tried explaining that regardless of heal tooltips she still only has a few heals as a mystic that she can possibly be casting but it was ignored.
  15. Earar Well-Known Member

Yeah but it’s boring as hell to do just that
  16. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

I think they just don't like playing healers because they cast heal after heal and temps and hit ascensions between those.

It's an issue with the class design not the expansion.
  17. Mermut Well-Known Member

A healer that plays that way will probably do 'well enough'.
    Some of us have strive to be better than 'merely sufficient'; and for that we need accurate information about what our arts are going to do.

Edit: Side note. If I didn't like playing healers, 1) I wouldn't play them and 2) I wouldn't care enough to post, repeatedly, to this thread.
    Gillymann, Daelini and Daalilama like this.
  18. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Once again, you have a limited amount of heals, the other button's reuses' are too long to consider them your core buttons and you cast them situationally. This means regardless of what they tooltip for you are still hitting the same buttons on repeat, I.E. Single/group ward, torpor, and group heal.

There is little difference between sufficient and amazing in healers, as long as no one dies, you cure, hit utility buttons/debuffs and then dps in between, you're golden.

I'm gonna digress going into why because you can just scroll up and discover what i'm saying.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.