Chaos Descending Overland Dropped Item Quests

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Sigrdrifa, Jan 3, 2019.

1. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I just went through and methodically obtained all the quest starters for all the overland "dropped item" quests, in which you kill a particular mob until one coughs up a small box containing a quest starter for another zone.

Most of these were fairly easily obtained, but I seemed to have a devil of a time getting a few. Before I /feedback it, I wanted to check and see if anyone else has experienced these as having a low quest-starter drop rate, or if perhaps I'm victim to the RNG:
    • Doomfire: obsidian rock lords, greater obsidian rock lords,
    • Doomfire: elemental shamblers (a cumulus cloud)
    • Vegarlson: earthen emissaries (digested rotting leaves)
    • Vegarlson: gemmed protectors (a diseased worm)
    • Vegarlson: earthen mud elementals (diseased lipids)
  2. Breanna Well-Known Member

I get the cumulus cloud one ALOT, and the obsidian rock lord a few times not a lot, those last 3 from vegarlson though I don't think I've seen any of them at all.
  3. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I have only gotten the obsidian rock lords one, a single time. I have gotten the cumulus cloud drop probably 5 times. I have never gotten any of the Vergarlson drops.
    Breanna likes this.
  4. Agulo Member

I constantly box toons when i'm questing. i've completed all the dropped quests on 4 toons to date (2 sets of 2). The first 2 spent a few hours killing Springview Healers for the branch. The 2nd 2 each got it within 4 kills. Similar rng for other items across the 4 zones. It is completely RNG based.

Of the items you listed as having difficulty dropping, none of them stood out for me as being difficult to obtain, on either set of toons.
  5. Mermut Well-Known Member

I haven't found any have a lower drop rate that others. I DO get some more than others.. but that's because I kill some mobs more than others.