Chaos Descending: Delightful Deliveries

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by BuddyT, Oct 31, 2018.

1. BuddyT Member

Not sure if this belongs in Quests or Tradeskill but this tradeskill quest provides you with a "Recipe Scroll: Earthen Explorer's Fanny Pack" that is probably bugged. Just having the quest and/or the recipe caused my bag1 to be removed from me, it and all its contents to be dumped into my overflow slots, and I somehow received 4-5 copies of the Lore recipe. It also prevents you from re-equipping your bag1 if you somehow manage to empty your overflow enough to find it.
  2. BuddyT Member

So did the initial harvesting part, then crafted the bag. That seems to have allowed me (along with destroying all the extra copies of the recipe that I had and that continued to get created everytime I zoned) to re-equip my bag.

The next step says "Take the Earthen Explorer's Fanny Pack to Temry Loneivy" which I did and he(?) doesn't seem to want to talk to me. I don't see any place nearby to lay it down, not sure what is intended here. He does appear to have a napsack on the ground next to him with a shovel and a plant growing out of it if that means anything to y'all.
  3. Mermut Well-Known Member

I had a similar bug, though I only had 2 (visible) copies of the LORE recipe. The recipe was NOT consumed when I attempted to scribe it, though it DID appear in my recipe book.
    I could delete the 'duplicate' recipe books, but not the one I'd 'scribed'. Even after deleting the duplicates, I still was not able to put my first bag into my bag slot, getting the error "you already have a Recipe Scroll: Earthen Explorer's Fanny Pack and cannot have another.' every time I tried to put my bag back in it's slot.
    (Testing character is Jamisia)
  4. Mermut Well-Known Member

Upon zoning, the phantom recipe book disappeared and I was able to put the bag back in it's slot
  5. Mermut Well-Known Member

As of 10am 10/31, Temry is MIA from his spot in the Myrist conservatory. Even the custodians don't know where he is.
  6. Mermut Well-Known Member

Additional note: It seems odd that the mats would have to be harvested from a specific zone for this quest. It is even odder that it is from Doomfire since Temry's quests took us into Vegarlson, the Earthen Badlands
  7. Alenna Well-Known Member

my recipe was tasty cheese rolls. deleted the quest and all recipe scrolls and everything was fine and my bag is back where it should be. it has to be the quest that is bugging us there.
  8. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

For those having inventory issues with this quest, since it's being repeated in general chat over ... and over ... and over ...

If you can't deal with the bag/overflow issue until the patch tonight (hopefully) fixes it, here's what you need to do. (This is a new quest today, FYI, so we're all in the same boat ... and the Myrist version of Temry is probably not flagged to be visible again once the TS line is done)

The recipe is the issue. It is lore. It is a lore item trying to re-deliver itself every single time you zone or log, even if you scribed it. To "fix" this so you can do other stuff without the overflow/inventory issue, do the following:

1. Delete the quest
    2. Delete EVERY single copy of the recipe that you can find AFTER you have deleted the quest.
    3. Relog.
    4. You should then be able to put your "missing" bag (which is hiding in the first available slot inside bags 2-5 in your inventory)
    Xianthia likes this.
  9. Mermut Well-Known Member

All of the quest require fresh harvests specifically from Doomfire.
    Optimally the materials should be harvestable from any CD zone.
    Alternately, the zone should be paired to match the NPC the item is being made for (match with the zones they are related to in the sig line).
  10. Xianthia Well-Known Member

Next quest popped and required harvests from Eryslai. Same bug as the prior one with bag slot 1, etc.
  11. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I had this issue yesterday and was to create a bookmark for Ramney(sp?) after harvesting the materials in Doomfire. I deleted a bunch of stuff from my bags to get everything out of overflow and went and harvested the materials. I created the bookmark and zoned back to the library. I was then able to re-equip my bag in slot 1. I went to give the bookmark to Ramney(sp?) and he wont talk to me, so the quest sits in my journal.
  12. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

He still would not talk to me and take the bookmark 24 hours later.
  13. Gninja Developer

He won't talk to you today?
  14. Gninja Developer

the bag slot thing should be resolved as of today.
  15. Xianthia Well-Known Member

(not Cyrrena) I have an alt with this quest in log

Quest : Delightful Deliveries
    Journal : Take the Ornate Bookmark to Ramyn Matrick

When I hail him all he says is "Good work Xianthia. I look forward to seeing your work through this place. Go make your mark on history!"

I'm hailing Ramyn at loc 660 411 17
    it's probably important to note that I did the quest when the glitchy bag slot issues were going on. I logged and finished the quest up to hailing Ramyn before you fixed the issues. I'm assuming that the fix just doesn't retroactively apply but held onto quest in journal just in case.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  16. Mermut Well-Known Member

None of the 'delivery' NPCs have had feathers over their heads.
  17. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

For Chaos Descending: Testing Your Grit, the training post is crafted on the woodworking table, but uses celestial kindling as fuel. It should require celestial sandpaper.
  18. Suzze/Barshen/Baratroub New Member

Maybe I am misunderstand this or Something, But I Harvested the Mats and made the Earthen Explorer's Fanny Pack. I went to Vegarlson where Temry is at. Him no speakie!! He just keeps telling me he has left Work with Cookie to give me a nice meal?
  19. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

He would not take the bookmark from me or speak to me as of Friday morning. I will check again tonight.
    Xianthia likes this.
  20. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I just tried to give Ramyn the bookmark and he still will not say anything to me other than the dialogue he spiels after you complete the quests he gives to you, "Good work, Cyrrena. I look forward to seeing your work throughout this place. Go make your mark on history!".