Chaos Descending: Adorning Feedback

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by Caith, Oct 8, 2018.

1. Caith Developer

Please provide all Adorning related feedback here. Please remember to be specific, including recipe name and level.

Note: Most Adorning recipes are still forthcoming.
  2. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Caith, the adornment mats on Oliver say "planar" in the name, but don't stack with the PoP planar adorn bits. I'm assuming that is a "copy pasta" error, and they and the second "Planar Adornments" book on him (the empty one) need to be renamed? Or are we supposed to still use the PoP adorn bits, and the ones on Oliver are just the wrong thing totally? :D
    Pheidra likes this.
  3. Mermut Well-Known Member

The adorning mats on the beta buff don't work with the PoP adorning recipes.
    Either something is wrong with the adorning mats on the beta buffer
    or
    There are new adorning mats and they just haven't been renamed on beta yet (whichi I suppose is 'wrong' too, just in a different way)

Either way it should be fixed.

If there are new adorning mats, we need to know so we can test transmuting as well as adorning. Additionally, that would necessitate new 'blue cylinders' for us to transmute for fragments.
  4. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

[BUG] the reverse of the above is also true. Not only do the infusions/etc from Oliver not work in the PoP adorn recipes, even though the resource names are the same, but the infusions of the planes/etc from PoP do NOT count as ingredients for the new adornments. Either the resource names on Oliver, and in the new celestial adorn recipes need to be changed (and then we need to test transmuting expansion stuff), or they need to use the mats we already have.
    Mermut likes this.
  5. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Transmuting expansion items (quest rewards), also returns the "old" planar adorning mats that don't stack with the "new" planar adorning mats needed by the new recipes.
  6. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Celestial Adornment of Health suffers from "copy pasta" errors - it is an exact duplicate (other than the name) of the Planar Adornment of Health, including the Ethereal Tag (instead of being mastercrafted fabled like other celestials)

I don't have the oomph to check all of these against the planar adorns - does someone want to adopt that project? :D
  7. Mermut Well-Known Member

I can do it.
    Do you need the combines tested as well, or just the comparisons?
  8. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Celestial Adornment of Parrying vs Celestial Adornment of Defense - both give exactly the same thing (104 defensive skills). The only difference between the two is that the parrying goes in chest, finger and the defense goes in chest, finger, charm. Perhaps remove the parrying one, since it is more or less redundant?
  9. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

I'm doing all the combines now. I just ... have issues with numbers* some days, so me checking stats can be bad.

(*Its a fibro thing, for some of us)
  10. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Regarding the TS nails - we still do not have any TS adorns that fit in ear (for earring of the solstice, etc), cloak (for allllll the many crafting cloaks that we get), and finger (mark of the far seas). This was something that we /bugged for the planar versions of these nails, too. It'd be nice to get them included somewhere. :)
  11. Mermut Well-Known Member

All of the celestial vs planar adorns (both the adventuring ones and the tradeskill 'nails') have exactly the same stats between the two tiers.

Note: This includes the oranges, between the 6s and 7s. Additionally, the 7s are calling for an essence of magic and I'm pretty sure they should be looking for an essence of chaos
  12. Mermut Well-Known Member

Reguarding the TS adorns/nails

Nails of Artificing, Artistry, Chemistry, Fletching, Metalshaping, Metalworking, Scribing, Sculpting, and Tailoring are all EXACTLY the same, except for names, going in the same slots, non-lore and giving 10 crafting skills

Fisher's, Forester's, Gatherer's, Miner's, and Trapper's Nails are all EXACTLY the same, except for names, going in the same slots, non-lore and giving 10 harvesting skills

That is 12 adorns that could be removed, still leaving one of each 'set' and reducing the recipe bloat we've been told increases character file size....
  13. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

The Rune of ____ [VII] recipes have more than that going on. They are are creating versions that are labeled as [VI]
    They also don't have "Celestial" in the recipe name, but it is there in the item name.

Since this may sound confusing, here's an example:

Recipe scroll "Rune of Championship [VII]" has a recipe name of "Rune of Championship [VII]" and produces an item name of "Celestial Rune of Championship [VI]" (it should be VII as well). The stats are the same as the Pop "Rune of Championship [VI]" with the notable differences of the name and the fact that it is heirloom, not no-trade (thank you for that part!)

So, they need a stat pass, and a renaming of the recipe scrolls and the recipe names. Then they need to have the essence of magic primary to be an essence of chaos (not seen one in the wild yet but they're on Oliver at least!)

I'd also ask that they become Lore-Equip (they are currently lore), so if someone really had that many infusions to burn, the adorner could make more than one at a time for their alts. :)
  14. Elowith Active Member

Dare I ask - is there going to be a doublecast craftable rune to replace the proving grounds one from what is now expansions ago?
  15. Loce New Member

Will there be a Planar or Celestial version of an adornment for cloak and waist as these were left out of the last expac.

Also; when looking at the beta reward for Tradeskillers; I noted that the reward gives a mount with a bonus for harvesting of 50 and there is no benefit for transmuting. Brightfire TS reward mount gives 80 to harvesting and transmuting. Is there something wrong here? I think the new mount should give 100 harvesting and transmuting to be an improvement not a step backwards.
  16. Mermut Well-Known Member

That actually reminds me of another problem

There are no craftable white adorns that go in either the cloak slot or the waist/belt slot.
  17. Sigrdrifa Well-Known Member

I realized that I needed 550 base adorning to get the Celestial recipes, so up to the Smith's Gallery I went and did the daily writ, but now I need to grind some more adorning skill, since my base adorning skill is currently 515/550 (buffed 682/617).

The Planar Recipes for white adorns do not recognize that I have the following materials in my bags:
    • \aITEM -1171649016 -500260312 0 0 0:[Planar Mana]\/a
    • \aITEM -1534595813 -309339115 0 0 0:[Infusion of the Planes]\/a
    • \aITEM -143518186 -1535800114 0 0 0:[Planar Fragment]\/a
    • \aITEM 620668618 -391744408 0 0 0:[Planar Powder]\/a
    So, over to the forge, where I crafted 50 pairs of Academic boots, then transmuted them, resulting in 10 infusions and 40 powders. I was able to nab three of the Planar Transmutation Stones from the broker. Sure enough, the recipe "sees" the newly transmuted stuff:
    • \aITEM 471129071 -309339115 0 0 0:[Infusion of the Planes]\/a
    • \aITEM -1160879155 -1535800114 0 0 0:[Planar Fragment]\/a
    • \aITEM -91987980 -391744408 0 0 0:[Planar Powder]\/a
    Can we please have working adorning materials from Oliver? or else a beta buff bauble to max adorning skill? I tried Oliver's Beta tradeskill bauble, but it just scoffed at me that I was already 110.
  18. Sigrdrifa Well-Known Member

The new adorns do not have new stats. They look exactly like their Planar predecessors.

[IMG]
  19. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

THANK YOU for the dilution/distillation recipes for the PoP mats.

It'd really help testing a LOT if the confusion about PoP vs CD adorning mats was sorted out, though. Having 2 stacks infusions of the planes in my depots, 2 stacks of planar mana, etc. makes it really, really hard to verify which are the PoP ones and which are the CD ones ... or if they are "supposed" to be the same. Nor can we easily figure out if CD items are transmuting into PoP versions or into CD versions. etc. It hurts my brain every time I have to track which stack of mats things are dropping into and pulling out of in my depot, which they should be dropping into, etc. and I'm afraid something major is going to get missed because we're relying on buffer-provided materials for the celestial adorns without being able to easily verify if we're able to naturally obtain those same materials. Yes, I could remove the old stuff from my depot, but if I'd done that, I'd not have known that the naming/stacking issue even existed, so it isn't optimal. :) Thanks!
    Quillyne, Xianthia and Mermut like this.
  20. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

The ladies above tackled the stats and name problems for mats so I won't say the same a third time.

"Celestial Adornment of Extra Attacks (2H Superior)" produces a "Celestial Adornment of Extra Attacks". They don't stack but they have the same name and same stats. It also has the same slots ("shoulders, hands, neck" instead of primary 2H)

The nails: there's no upgrade whatsoever from previous book.
    I'm still annoyed by the fact that the Nail of Chemistry and the nail of scribing are exactly the same thing (no class check/change) and that the fisher's nail and trapper nail are both +10 harvesting without a node change but it was the same in previous book anyway

Runes of _ VII : there's no stat upgrade either but, as said above, they craft "Runes of _ VI" so it can explain that.