Chaos Deecending

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Sweetnessnlight, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Sweetnessnlight New Member

So for those of us that are too lazy to watch the video and can’t find info on the Google; anyone know if they increased the max level with the new xpac?
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

3. Meneltel Well-Known Member

No offence, but what is there to be excited about? No levels, understandable. I presume more ascension *twirls finger in derision* and some new zones and gear. What about lore? What is our reason for killing "innocent" monsters? If I want to do that, I go to Qeynos and remove the vermin from the streets there. (others call them guards... I call them pathetic!). I presume again more factioning for groups I care nothing about. *sighs*
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

The dialog with the mage guild representatives for the prelude event says that these are upset elementals who don't act like we expect normal elementals to act. They seem sort of like hybrids of other elementals, perhaps. So I wonder who or what is distressing those elementals and causing them so much pain that they're invading the rest of Norrath? The hybridization thing puts me in mind of Meldrath or Mayong, but who knows?
    Blazen likes this.
  5. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Last time we had elementals attacking it was ultimately caused by Lanys. There are those who say She is dead... but She was dead before... and got better. Erollisi Marr died and came back, why not Lanys? Mayong hasn't shown much inclination toward elementals and Kerafyrm is still trapped in Luclin, I think. Unless a new threat has arisen, im going to lean toward Lanys returning. Though the evidence is slim, time will tell.
    Cyrrena and Rosyposy like this.
  6. Crock Member

Lore-wise, was there even anything worth discussing ever since the Terrors of Veeshan expac which was SOEs last hit? I mean, no offense to all the "lore" efforts of the content after that, but it only ever went downward after it came to Daybreak, no inspiration to mention.
    Kheldar likes this.