Channelers...being dumped in raids.....

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Vunder, Jun 12, 2018.

1. Mermut Well-Known Member

I've seen raid leaders make some incomprehensible decisions on players and classes... those are the only two 'good' reasons, but there have been times when I've seen far superior players sat or told to switch toons for a far inferior player on a class the raid leader thought was 'better'....
    What the details of the case that sparked this thread are, I have no idea, but we can't assume that all raider leaders behavior rationally...
  2. Pixilicious Well-Known Member

They will drop a channeler for the reason to get any other healer. Because any other healer can heal just as good & provide other benefits to the raid, which the channeler can not.
  3. Mermut Well-Known Member

The player is much more indicative of what a toon brings to the game then the class. There's a channeler in one of my raids that brings more then a few of the other healers (plate and chain healers in the this set)... because of the players involved.
  4. Perrigrin Well-Known Member

So they'll drop 75% damage intercept on the MT, plus far superior group curing for any other healer? We come with 2 group cures built in, not-dependent on getting mythicals, one which we can cast virtually over and over so long as dissonance isn't too high. Inquisitor myth clicky group cure is the only one I know of that is better as they can cast that pretty much in any situation.

Someone who has mastered the channeler class, and knows how to play it very well, will be very valuable in a raid or group setting, much more so than someone who power levels through it and doesn't take the time to make sure their AA are spent in the right places, and push the class to it's full potential.
  5. Pixilicious Well-Known Member

Fury got raid cure, which cures raid every 2s for 16s, talk about superior cures. Warden also have 2 grp cures.
  6. Mermut Well-Known Member

3.... wardens can also spec for a 1.5 min reuse group cure that cures the group every sec for 8s
  7. Pixilicious Well-Known Member

o

Ok, lol exactly, so why would channeler cure be so superior then ?
  8. Mermut Well-Known Member

Because they can recast it instantly.. and a stupid number of raid encounters drop 5 dets on the group that have to be cured, one det at a time (Tunare's Grace does NOT take off 2) in short order.
  9. Pixilicious Well-Known Member

Yup, I know those encounters and my raid does it without any channelers in raid ….
  10. Mermut Well-Known Member

So does one of mine... I'm not sure that that has to do with the class being valuable though?
  11. Pixilicious Well-Known Member

Yes exactly it does as like I said earlier, any other healer can do the same job a channeler can, just do it better cause of buffs and debuffs. So channeler being valuable as a healer ? Yes, sure they can heal and cure. Is it at the bottom of the list of being valuable ? Yes.
  12. Mermut Well-Known Member

Again, I disagree with your assertion of them being clearly 'at the bottom' of being valuable.
  13. Earar Well-Known Member

sure they can ... but if u have a potent channeler ... why take it away ?

when u have a good player, u keep it

when u have a good healer, u keep it.
    Mermut likes this.
  14. Tigerr Well-Known Member

Bad raid leaders, yes. Channelers are some of the best defensive healers in the game if played right....Its the skill that gets you into raid. Not the class.