Channeler

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Ucala01, Aug 4, 2013.

1. Ravenlook Member

Srry to be the 1 that have to dis agree with u but beastlords already can, and so does the channelers, u simply have to drag the aility (spell/ CA/ w/e) to a normal bar then u can use either or at the same fight without the "no change in combat" limitation,
    Beastlords been doing this for a long time now so .. yeah they can have all their abilities available all the time :p
  2. Ucala01 Member

Bls can, channelers can't. I tried the ability blacks out if you drag it onto a normal hotbar and change it from your main hotbar that is given.
  3. Slant Well-Known Member

is it still on beta? im updating now.
  4. Kuulei Well-Known Member

You can patch beta, however since Monday, It shows the log-in server is down or the world is not there.
    The channeler class was just on a sneak-peak for this past weekend during SOELive.
    I don't suspect beta will be up again to test the class until beta is available for the 10th EQII expansion: Tears of Veeshan
  5. Silzin Active Member

I may not be understanding the Exploit you are talking about, but every time i change abilities in my BL's Main ability bare i can use them on my normal Hot Bares, it grays out.
  6. Slant Well-Known Member

darn, sounded interesting
  7. Davngr Well-Known Member

you could use more than what was on your bar with no stance but that got nerfed a while back.
  8. Misia Active Member

Actually, BL can't. It's been fixed.

As I recall it worked just generally at first on BL (ie pop it on a hot bar and you could cast it). Later it only worked if you turned off your stance (so that you were 'between' stances) then you could switch what was on the bar or use outside of the bl bar. Now neither option works.

You can only use the selected items no matter what hotbar they're on, and only while in the appropriate stance.
  9. Misia Active Member

During the Sunday afternood feedback pannel it was mentioned that though the Channeler construct's damage reduction will be parsable, we'll still need to get someone to make a plug in for it (just a heads up - plug in people get to work!).

Also mentioned was that one of the channeler's heals was a frontal cone. It wasn't clear if it healed only group or literally anyone in the cone. The dps is supposed to be at the upper end of Priest dps, and 'heals' at the moderate end. The damage reduction is mostly a 30% damage reduction. The 100% DR AA does not change it to be constant, and it has a cool down. The channeler has an ability to joust back, and an ability to pull someone else back.

In reference to it being a solo healer for mage group, it was said that you'd have some very sad mages.

I think we need to be careful of expectations, this is being built as a very different model than what we've had.

Now we know why Firiona Vie had a bow... ;) Are the construct's abilities and relationship with the channeler related in anyway to the powerful tears of Veeshan and how they were used in the Drake Lands cut scene we were given in the last game update?
  10. Ucala01 Member

some of their AoEs as well as heals are frontal cone. it's quite interesting. guess can't say much since they will probably change alot from the 3 day preview and live.
  11. Maergoth Well-Known Member

The class was introduced to bring spike damage down.

Wards plus interception basically means no more one-shotting. No more one-shotting means brawlers aren't the only ones who can tank stuff like Gen`Ra.

As any healer or tank will tell you, spike damage is the hardest thing to deal with. A class that's SOLE PURPOSE is reducing spike damage is extremely powerful, even if the values of the intercepts don't total that of raw heals or reactives.

Which also means that a 3 healer main tank group is much more effective than it was before, if a channeler is included. Tank would never die to anything ever :/ Shaman Channeler Warden = invincibility
    Thalador likes this.
  12. Misia Active Member

Since the devs indicated in the Sunday pannel that the place for a channeler was in the OT or melee group, and since they also indicated that the conal heals heal 'anyone' (perhaps raidwide frontal conal) they would not need to be a sometimes 3rd healer if played well enough. Paired with another healer in OT or melee group and standing behind the main tank healers, they could potentially heal those in front of them while participating in healing and curing their own group. Also if they are versatile enough with the targetting of the construct, they could switch his targets when there are tank swaps - there's no indication that the construct targetting is limited to group members - it should not be. However, that's a question that was not asked.
  13. Maergoth Well-Known Member

They don't have to be a third healer, but they would function well as one.
  14. Quabi Active Member

Why not? It's not like they can't convert the intercept to cover their whole group or just convert pet health to DPS.
  15. Jeorge Member

I didn't get mine very high, but I actually disliked the animations too. I was expecting ranger like things, but things like Healing Arrow look like a hybrid between a normal spell cast and a bow shot. I was sad.

Class seems boring, tweaks would be cool, but idk what specifically... I know it's a bow class, but another mage healer would be a great addition to challenge the Fury regime, to be honest. I guess that can't happen, but just something I've thought for awhile. (Though I do adore my Fury.)
  16. Misia Active Member

You think the construct should be limited to group only?

I haven't seen anything about converting incercept for the whole group or pet health to dps. I do know that intercept will have aa ability to be 100% with a long cool down. All of my play with it was solo.
  17. Hartay Keeper of the Server Hamsters

I swear, I heard Holly say something about the Beta Servers unlocking Friday (today) But I Guess Im wrong.
  18. Quabi Active Member

If it's not group limited, all the content will be balanced assuming you have it on your main tank. Hard content might be impossible without a Channeler, and I think intercepting for your MT constantly would hinder the versatility of the class in raids.

The AA that converts the intercept to groupwide is the INT KoS endline, if I remember right. Construct's Sacrifice (learned at level 20ish) damages the pet and gives you a large damage proc.
  19. Erry New Member

Does anyone know how to get the Channeler's special hotbar up? The hotbar on my screen won't show up since I switched to a new computer and I can't figure out how to get it back.
  20. Ucala Well-Known Member

/togglechannelerwindow
    /toggledissonancewindow