Channeler revamp thread

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Exilya, Dec 11, 2020.

1. Exilya Member

Channeler could do with some of their shadow tree AAs/pet essences and dissonance spells upgraded.

Shadow tree : Litanie of combat > Sacred follower does not affect our pet
    Ally revivification > does not reduce reuse speed of our in combat raid

Pet essences: could replace/upgrade some essences with pet flurry/melee AE buff, combat mitig debuff,. Allow essences to be swapped in combat please.
    Dissonance: Some of the dissonance debuffs are pretty useless now and need updating. Maybe an aggro snap? A buff to the construct on slot 1?
  2. Suidakra Member

I believe Invigorate needs to be changed so that it can be proc'd by Healing Arrow or Healing Barrage. I rarely ever have to cast Salubrious Invocation or Vector of Life.

I'd like to see Enhance: Healing Arrow also increase (Or if it does at least state) Healing Barrage effectiveness.

I question the change to Mobile Assault. "Prevents caster from being interrupted due to movement". We have Combat Awareness. This seems outdated or unnecessary.
  3. Bleanienia New Member

with how the numbers are in the millions and billions now, having a construct debuff of 1700, is uhh.. why ? , the only thing of the channeler that seems to scale, is the basic function of the class, being mitigation , 50% of 1 trillion = still 50% mitigation,(as an example) but past the baseline function, it really seems like nothing else for the channeler scales well, or even seems to scale well at all, and yeah, i rarely have to ever cast the "Actual heals" 1 they take too long to cast for me, 2 they dont heal for that much , 3 healing arrow/barrage seems to do just fine, and does damage at the same time. the pet of the channeler, i dont think was ever considered an actual pet, i think it was simply ment as a cute gimic, to get its mitigation mechanics, going, and so that way it looked "new" rather then a rehash of say a mystic or what have you.
  4. Ravenlook Member

I'm seriously getting tired of hearing Channelers saying they don't use vector, it should be cast on cool down, vector is a raid heal !!, it heal up to 24 ppl in front of the Channeler, helping your raid healers to heal their grps should always be a good a idea!!

As for Aura of Crippling i agree it needs an update, all the debuffs we have needs it.
  5. Bleanienia New Member

1) Channelers debuffs need some kind of scale added
    2) Somehwere in some rollover, it needs to state, clearly what stat your pet scales with (considering its a hp redirection sponge, what makes its HP go up ?)
    3) Channeler has two abilities, that do the exact same thing (allowing movement to not interupt spells) why ?
    4) Why does the channelers pets HP go DOWN, when affected by "Grace of Norrath"

P.S. I dont cast heals, because i dont need to, because i DONT RAID , if i need a heal in combat, it means my mitigations failed, and i'll be dead before i finish casting one anyway. (merc's are next to worthless fully now)
  6. Exilya Member

4/ the issue happens when grouping with a warden too, it's mighty annoying
  7. Exilya Member

The other groups are stable enough so I rarely have to use vector.
  8. Suidakra Member

Never said I do not cast it. I rarely cast it. I only heavily use it on PQs, as you stated, it heals outside players in front of me.
    I'm also not a raider. Soul Shot and Healing arrow/Barrage are more than enough in most cases.
  9. Tanto Well-Known Member

So, as Gaia/Exilya has thrown her hands up in the air in frustration.... I was wondering if all channies have seen a significant dip in DPS since the last 2 patches? She's down maybe 30-40% I'd say.