Channeler Questions

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Calse, Oct 20, 2020.

1. Calse New Member

I just made a Channeler and wanted to get some tips.I am pretty much sticking to just heroic content, no raiding anymore.

1. Can anyone that does heroic group content share their AA spec? I can look it up on EQ2U as long as I have a name and your AA spec name. Looking for a AA spec for Primary Healing for rough content, another spec for primary DPS for easy stuff and 1 mixed spec.
    2. WDB vs DPS Mod... How much of 1 is comparable to the other? I have around 11.5K DPS Mod but only 240ish WDB. I can sacrifice some DPS mod for WDB but it's around 1300 DPS mod for 50 WDB or so.
    3. Should I be using my 2hander to DPS with when healing is light instead of my crossbow? I think I read that autoattack with the 2 hander will be better than ranged. When needing to heal, staying back to keep everyone in front is the best choice I assume.
    4. Panda gear... The new bow from Panda is nice, but the DPS rating on it is around 380 or so, whereas I have a crossbow from Diaku that is 570 rating or so, but lesser stats. How much does the DPS rating matter nowadays.
    5. Any DPS rotation suggestions? Any abilities I just shouldnt use at all as DPS (Or heal for that matter)
    6. Any must have previous gear I should get? I know the fervor rune from CD Heroics, anything else?
    7. Any ACT triggers or DarqUI maintained spells I should be setting to watch for?
  2. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

1. Look up Gaiadea (Thurgadin) on EQ2U. She's one of the best channellers around. She does superb dps and makes our group invincible. Whatever she's doing, you should probably be doing too.
    2. You can achieve much higher WDB without sacrificing DPS. The items are out there.
    3. Ideally find a decent bow, not crossbow, not 2 hander. Get a "conservative rate of fire" item from old content to reduce your consumption of ammo.
    4. Depends on reforgeability. The gear from the panda probably has vastly superior potency, which all contributes towards your construct sacrifice, which is (or should be) a huge portion of your dps.
    5. Can't help you with that one. I know construct sacrifice, the necessary pet healing and management of dissonance are all vital to decent dps, I think most of your CA's are just filler. Macro them together and mash them when you're not doing something more important.
    6. Shrunken Goblin Skull earring is nice. Conservative rate of fire item (there are at least 2 easy to get). The blue runes from raid achievements in old content are vastly superior, but you'd certainly need help getting them. If you're doing heroics, try to get a Solusek's Eye group, the fervor rune from killing all the bosses is superior to the CD one, and even the Vindicator one.
    7. Can't help you with that. For heroic stuff though I doubt it really matters. One thing I would say is try to get into the habit of using channelled cleansing for group cures. The full mana refill is just awesome.
  3. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

Forgot to add to 4. DPS rating is a pretty big deal for channeller. Both you and your pet benefit from it. Channeller is fairly unique in that you are pretty much the only class which doesn't really benefit from ability doublecast, mainly because construct's sacrifice cannot doublecast. You do need high potency, but until you can get the ethereal items to level 5, you may wish to also consider using 3 flurry items.
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

5. redindus Active Member

I was about to grab that Channeler Class, realize they wanted 25+ USD that too much, already spent so much money on this game and my question is, does it ever go on sale on that class? Only this and Beastlord that i dont have atm.

Also like to know does this class better than a ranger class? Cause i like using a bow myself. Need some healing and like to have a combat pet too. Told there is none both counts, just have to hire a merc instead.
  6. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Unlike a ranger, a channeler isn't there primarily to DPS. Channelers don't use poisons.

The channeler pet isn't really a combat pet, it's more of a ward or reactive with an animation. Most of your bow attacks are also heals, which is nice. I really enjoy my channeler.
  7. redindus Active Member

Hmm sound interesting, that would be good if i made a good align character, i might grab it someday.
  8. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

Most of what you just said is dismissing half of the contribution a channeller can make. It's not your fault though, it's the least-understood class out there.

[IMG]
  9. Melt Actually plays the game

Channeler should outparse any healer except inquisitor, and honestly it's not that hard to do, especially if you've got a second healer with you and you can focus more on keeping your pet managed.
  10. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Since I normally play a warlock these days, I don't consider a channeller DPS. Not to say that they don't DPS, but that's not their primary role in groups or raids.